LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 232 users in the forums

When will Jenkins and James Suit Up ??

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Totally! But to be fair, we had a lot of questions esp. at WR but they have ALL stepped up esp. Manningham (out of no where) and Crabtree. We have barely even tapped Moss so far. Imagine when we have Ginn's 4.2 speed back for fly-sweeps, WR screens and on 3rd downs. Heck, we've barely even used Williams as a WR and he's looked good too!

This is why I wanted Fleener but we'll have to wait a few years to see if we made the right choice...and with this coaching staff, GM, can they even make a "mistake?" Whoever they get will most likely have THE best chance to grow and develop and be slowly integrated into OUR system. It reminds me of the old WCO!

And you're right...who would we even deactivated for James/Jenkins to play? Guys like Gilgore, L.Davis, Will, etc. all are playing significant rolls right now.

Not sure why you said this like it was unexpected from Manningham. He's an established WR in the league with plenty of experience.

Agreed, the knock I most often heard about him over the off season was he's not a #1 tallent. Which is just fine, we never intended or needed him to be a #1. He's a proven gamer and a rediculously large upgrade at his position from our 2011 playoff roster.
Originally posted by Igotta:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Totally! But to be fair, we had a lot of questions esp. at WR but they have ALL stepped up esp. Manningham (out of no where) and Crabtree. We have barely even tapped Moss so far. Imagine when we have Ginn's 4.2 speed back for fly-sweeps, WR screens and on 3rd downs. Heck, we've barely even used Williams as a WR and he's looked good too!

This is why I wanted Fleener but we'll have to wait a few years to see if we made the right choice...and with this coaching staff, GM, can they even make a "mistake?" Whoever they get will most likely have THE best chance to grow and develop and be slowly integrated into OUR system. It reminds me of the old WCO!

And you're right...who would we even deactivated for James/Jenkins to play? Guys like Gilgore, L.Davis, Will, etc. all are playing significant rolls right now.

Not sure why you said this like it was unexpected from Manningham. He's an established WR in the league with plenty of experience.

Agreed, the knock I most often heard about him over the off season was he's not a #1 tallent. Which is just fine, we never intended or needed him to be a #1. He's a proven gamer and a rediculously large upgrade at his position from our 2011 playoff roster.

until he plays we cant evaluate him on the NFL level
Originally posted by jreff22:

He was talking about Manningham, not Jenkins.
Originally posted by jreff22:

He was talking about Manningham, not Jenkins.

Correct, sorry for the lack of clarity.
i would like to see jenkins suit up over kyle williams
This is called depth, they will get time late in the season if we rap up the division early.
James: If Ginn is still injured, I wouldn't be surprised if James suites up as KR. Haven't been impressed with Hunter as a KR. And if James is active to do KR duties, we may play him in a gadget play here or there.

Jenkins: He wont play until there's an injury to Crabtree, Moss, Manningham, or Williams. So it's a waiting game.
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
I dont think we need them this weekend, but maybe it's time to get them some snaps soon

Especially James, he is a homerun hitter and great talent, but the way Gore/Hunter are playing, it may be awhile before he gets any playing time

when do you guys think we should get them involved?

Hopefully they're not active for any games this year because they're clearly not amongst our 46 best players so them being active would mean there are injuries
When we need them
Honestly, if everything works out great this year, they will never see the field outside garbage time in a blowout.

Next year I see both of them playing a big role on this team.

Them not playing is really a testament to the depth of this team.

we should suit up james this week and get him some dump off passes

the vikings middle of field is slow and thats what he has to get passed for a big game
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
we should suit up james this week and get him some dump off passes

the vikings middle of field is slow and thats what he has to get passed for a big game

I think we should just roll with Coach Harbaugh's plan, it appears he knows what he's doing so far, maybe I'm wrong...
Originally posted by HoneyBadger49er:
I think we should just roll with Coach Harbaugh's plan, it appears he knows what he's doing so far, maybe I'm wrong...

you are

i know more
I could care less to see either one of this year. Keep 'em on the sideline. Let them get the "rookie" out of them and learn the playbook really well.

That being said, I'm looking forward to seeing them next year. Hopefully they bring their explosiveness with them.
When you look at how many combinations of WR/RB formations Harbaugh rolls out there, I wanna believe Jenkins and James will be used against a specific opponent at some point in the near future. I don't care how deep the talent is. These are high picks!!
Share 49ersWebzone