There are 224 users in the forums

When will Jenkins and James Suit Up ??

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Totally! But to be fair, we had a lot of questions esp. at WR but they have ALL stepped up esp. Manningham (out of no where) and Crabtree. We have barely even tapped Moss so far. Imagine when we have Ginn's 4.2 speed back for fly-sweeps, WR screens and on 3rd downs. Heck, we've barely even used Williams as a WR and he's looked good too!

This is why I wanted Fleener but we'll have to wait a few years to see if we made the right choice...and with this coaching staff, GM, can they even make a "mistake?" Whoever they get will most likely have THE best chance to grow and develop and be slowly integrated into OUR system. It reminds me of the old WCO!

And you're right...who would we even deactivated for James/Jenkins to play? Guys like Gilgore, L.Davis, Will, etc. all are playing significant rolls right now.

Not sure why you said this like it was unexpected from Manningham. He's an established WR in the league with plenty of experience.

Oh, I just meant that we hardly saw he and Alex together at all during pre season. I know Manningham was a stud and a great pick up but man, right out of the gate he and Alex are right on the same page together and he is open every single time (it seems). That surprised me a bit...not his production ability.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Jenkins: He wont play until there's an injury to Crabtree, Moss, Manningham, or Williams. So it's a waiting game.

AJ might play sooner than you think, even without injury to KW (as WR) or Moss.
Meh, did not like the picks, don't really care if they ever suit up, as long as we are winning, big deal win some lose some in the draft. I was all about Fleener, and Turbin, they might be playing filled a need better that slightly smaller Hunter, and slightly small Moss. Next years draft will be awesome. Maybe I'm totally wrong, but these guys don't seem to have the talent to crack this very talented roster. So Go Niners, just keep winning, and don't look back!
I think when Ginn gets back, AJ should suit up for KW. KW really has been a non-factor at receiver at this point anyways.
Originally posted by asu49ers:
I think when Ginn gets back, AJ should suit up for KW. KW really has been a non-factor at receiver at this point anyways.

I agree , might as well see if our 1st round pick can contribute
i really hope harbaugh plays aj jenkins this game try him out as a deep threat
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

Dont get your hopes up
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

I hope we win, no matter what happens.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by cciowa:
i do understand the posters concern about them getting a little seasoning this year. i agree with you guys, they were drafted for next year. not sure if moss and ginn will be on the team and i am pretty sure they will be very important next year

Ginn - IMO he is definately gone just because of his struggle at staying healthy. I like him a lot as a returnman and won't forget what he did for us against Seattle in Harbaugh's first game, getting that W was HUGE.

But if my math is correct he has now missed 5 of the last 6 games 49ers have played (last 2 regular season games, Giants game, and 2 this year).

Moss looks good now, but he is playing about 1/3 of the snaps and its just the start of the year. Hard to see him holding up for a full season next year.

I'm still a bit puzzled by Jacobs on this years roster, Gore has looked real good to me in short yardage situations.
Probably just trying to reduce the wear on Gore Let Jacobs take those poundings try to keep Gore fresh for the playoffs
agree. i know gore does not like to come off the field but it would be very nice to have the gore we see now come playoff time.we will have to chain him to the bench or take his helmet but when jacobs comes back, as wookie said,,, he has to be done to keep him ok for the playoffs

How can you be puzzled by Jacobs on the roster this year??? He was and is one of the best FA acquisitions.

1. The niners need TD's Jacobs can pound it in.
2. The niners need first downs, 3rd and 1, jacobs is the man.
3. History has shown Frank slows down in games 9-16 and the play offs as he runs so hard. If Jacobs can take some of that wear off of him, the niners will have a Frank Gore that is ready for the play offs. Need I say more.
4. Harbaugh wants to build a bully. With Leonard Davis, Kilgore, Tukuafua and Jacobs in for the heavy run package, they will be the bully.
  • 8to80
Jacobs is a beast just because of his size. I do think he'll be a great asset for the niners, but I don't think he runs hard. If he had the intensity of Gore, he could be one of the all time greats (jerome bettis). But maybe, it''s just cuz he's too tall.

Back on topic, i didn't like these 2 picks very much either. I still think we should have drafted a guard in the early rounds. People liked the James pick, but I thought that he was too similar to kendall hunter to warrant a need for hiim. I'm may be getting caught up with athleticism, but Jenkins is not a very impressive WR imo. He is like another Ted Ginn Jr.

I would like to see how good they really are, but that can wait til next year. The players we have right now give us the best chances to win.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 8to80:
Jacobs is a beast just because of his size. I do think he'll be a great asset for the niners, but I don't think he runs hard. If he had the intensity of Gore, he could be one of the all time greats (jerome bettis). But maybe, it''s just cuz he's too tall.

Back on topic, i didn't like these 2 picks very much either. I still think we should have drafted a guard in the early rounds. People liked the James pick, but I thought that he was too similar to kendall hunter to warrant a need for hiim. I'm may be getting caught up with athleticism, but Jenkins is not a very impressive WR imo. He is like another Ted Ginn Jr.

I would like to see how good they really are, but that can wait til next year. The players we have right now give us the best chances to win.
jenkins i think will be good for next year but yes the second rounder should have went to a backup outside linebacker/De in my opinion. i think jenkins will or should take ginns place next year as return man and if moss retires,, then he will have to be a good reciever for us which i think he will be
Share 49ersWebzone