There are 121 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Is the 49ers offence to conservative?

Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Get rid of the jumbo package

This. I don't think it work at all.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Probably have a couple of Interceptions though.

not the way alex is throwing

at this point it looks like only way he will get an int is if the defensive line hits him while hes throwing it or if it comes from a tipped pass
Last year, I would've said they were too conservative, but I was impressed in this Lions game.

They had a two-score lead in the fourth quarter. Last year, I think we would've just run three straight downs. This year, we were aggressively trying to get points all throughout the fourth quarter. The coaching staff isn't stupid. We know that the Rodgers, Breeses, and Staffords of the NFL can score lightning-quick. It's not always enough to just get a touchdown lead with a minute left. When we have the chance to finish them, I feel we'll do it.

And this game, we did it. The 2nd touchdown pass to Vernon Davis was a finisher.
Originally posted by jreff22:
just stop the stupid play calling

Yep.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

ball control - clock grinding - defense - special teams

2-0

/thread

All of This ... IMO, they're using enough of the playbook - depending on the opponent - to get the win.
It's a LONG Season ... Coach has to save some O' for later in the season. After 2 games, scoring 28.5
PPG, while giving up 20.5 PPG to Playoff Teams, has the 49ers @ 2 and O
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
were definitally scoring enough

but i feel we could easily score more if the game plan was more centered around the pass (maybe call 5-10% more pass plays)

keep it even. the run sets up the pass and vice versa. it's not broke right now so why fix it
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Get rid of the jumbo package

I thought Jumbo package was brilliant in setting up the pitch and rollout passes.
Originally posted by pakalolo415:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
were definitally scoring enough

but i feel we could easily score more if the game plan was more centered around the pass (maybe call 5-10% more pass plays)

keep it even. the run sets up the pass and vice versa. it's not broke right now so why fix it

im not saying we should change it

im saying if we wanted to score more 5-10 % more pass plays sill still keep a good balance adn we should score more

i agree the ratio we have now is good but i could do without some of these plays
They're dropping too many passes
The run-pass ratio was fine. We simply need to catch the ball better. Get rid of cute play calling (flea flickers, options, and other slow developing plays), and get rid of that jumbo package at least until Brandon Jacobs is back.
This thread is stupid. The only problem is this offense is not Fantasy friendly. If we are scoring and chewing time off the clock its all good. I have faith that if the opposing defense puts 8 in the box that this team can exploit it at will. I'm happy with the way things are. Throwing long because others do it is just plain stupid. You do what works. And if conservative works then go with it.

I still think Madden and FF have ruined how people look at a game.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SealTeam6:
Stop dropping passes and it will look a lot sexier.

Yes sir
Uh no we just have some dumb PC once in awhile. Alex would have thrown for 300 if it wasnt for the 7 drops.
Originally posted by SealTeam6:
Stop dropping passes and it will look a lot sexier.

This!

1st down or 2nd and short is a lot easier than 3rd and long.
The offense is fine. We can pass the ball well enough to keep defense's honest. We can smash the ball and impose our will, and we can take chances down field. What else do you want? They scored 3 TDs today.