LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 267 users in the forums

Is the 49ers offence to conservative?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I feel the 49ers offence is too conservative at times.The 49ers should open up the passing game more often to keep the defences honest.The 49ers run the ball too much on 1st and 2nd down.sooner or later teams will put 8 men in the box and the 49ers will not be able to run the ball effectively.The 49ers should use more play-action on 1st and 2nd down.
just stop the stupid play calling
2-0 thread
I agree with the play-action. I think we are getting there though. I think our offense was better this week, we just had unforced errors, and a little too cute with the play calling that slowed things down a bit.
Alex Smith is getting better and better and better...
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Last time I checked 30 points and 27 points aren't necessarily "low scoring" offenses. If we're putting up points, why does it matter how we're doing it?

ball control - clock grinding - defense - special teams

2-0

/thread
were definitally scoring enough

but i feel we could easily score more if the game plan was more centered around the pass (maybe call 5-10% more pass plays)
Stop dropping passes and it will look a lot sexier.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
were definitally scoring enough

but i feel we could easily score more if the game plan was more centered around the pass (maybe call 5-10% more pass plays)

Probably have a couple of Interceptions though.

I think we should just throw a bomb on every down
Balance. Ball control. Winning football. We're not a fantasy team. A SB team
Get rid of the jumbo package
I hate the offense being conservative. It will bite us later. We can't do this everyweek. I'm happy with tge win but I wob't mind being a bit more aggresive.
Become a Saints or Lions fan if you want an air attack offense. All I care about is the wins.
Share 49ersWebzone