LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 272 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS MINNESOTA VIKINGS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 3)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
I think Maiocco said there is a pretty good chance we see Ginn. Jacobs is still gonna be out

Ok, thanks. I would assume he is at 100% if we play him. No need to rush any injuries. We will need these guys later on more so than now.

Side note: I posted it in the Haggans thread but he got suspended 3 games so we wont have him for the Vikings, Jets and Bills game. Not sure but we could bring up Cam Johnson and send down Celek. Either way Aldon and Brooks will get all the snaps baring a blowout.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 19, 2012 at 9:35 AM ]
Originally posted by cciowa:
On paper all we need to do is to stop peterson.Stafford is way over rated but really if we were able to take the run away from two decent to good teams, we should be able to do this tenfold to the vikings. I think we have to have a good start cuz thier crowd in that pathetic dome will be loud to start. Take care of the ball, do not let them think they can compete with us. limit mistakes and driver killers such as penalties,. pray the bad officiating that we know we see will be bad for both sides so it is not that much of a factor. do not miss tackles

We just need to do to them what teams used to do to us:

Run Blitz like crazy so when they pass, the QB will still be pressured.
the next 2 games with minn and buffalo it is defnitally not a necessity that we need ginn and jocobs we should let them rest till they are 100%
My boss who is a Vikings fan thinks it wont even be close. He thinks we win by 21+
so

when was the last time we beat the vikings at their house

Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
the next 2 games with minn and buffalo it is defnitally not a necessity that we need ginn and jocobs we should let them rest till they are 100%

next two games are Vikings and Jets
Originally posted by ads_2006:
so

when was the last time we beat the pack in GB?
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

It goes at Vikings at Jets Home vs Buffalo, Giants and Seattle...

I actually think Jets will be a good test. Not saying we aren't the better team but 2nd week on the road.
Originally posted by Gore_21:

I actually think Jets will be a good test. Not saying we aren't the better team but 2nd week on the road.

Is it much of a road game when the distance traveled is less than an away AZ/Seattle game?
Originally posted by 99problems:
so

when was the last time we beat the pack in GB?

2 weeks ago

Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
i hope smith beams singletary in the nuts if he has to throw the ball away. seeing smith put up huge numbers on singletary's new team would be pretty awesome. how are their db's?

Mediocre at best. Winfeild was good years ago, but he has to rely more on his experience than physical ability now.

Chris Cook is a 6'2 corner with decent coverage skills, I will bet he will be on Crabtree the majority of the time

Antoine Winfield has really lost a step or two , he will cover the slot receiver in nickel packages, his strengths are open field tackling

the other two CB's are rookie Josh Robinson and A.J Jefferson who we all know from the Cards last year .....The Packers have the best secondary we faced so far this season , we wont face an elite defensive back until we play the Jets
  • JD81
  • Veteran
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN
Vikings RB Adrian Peterson on 49ers defense: "I don't think they've played a team that's committed to running the ball like we will be."

LAWL
Originally posted by Gore_21:

ah my bad

jets are a decent team

tey have a great offense but i dont think there offense is good at all they got lucky in week 1 for whaever reason then got owned by steelers minus there 2 best players we will see for sure this week though if they dont score or do anything like last game

either way i dot think jets present much of a problem they are one of the teams we just have to score 14 points to win maybe and no matter how good jets defense is i could easily see us doing that
so

Yeah, while that really bears nothing on this game (and much less than the GB stat) it is surprising indeed. Although it should be noted that by mid to late '90s Vikings got better, and early '00s I remember a frustrating loss there in one of the first TO/Moss battles.

Another interesting stat is that the Vikings in general have been 7-1 against the spread against us since 1985!
Originally posted by Joecool:
We just need to do to them what teams used to do to us:

Run Blitz like crazy so when they pass, the QB will still be pressured.

Yeah but run blitzing can also give up big plays if you blitz from say outside and they draw up the middle or if our guys get to deep and they run right past the RB. I think Fangio is comfortable in his bend don't break system. He feels we can handle the run without blitzing and also doesn't like blitzing when they pass. He keeps everything underneath. We use twists and stunts to get our pressure. LBs stay put or cover TEs/Rbs... CBs and S hold down the back end... DL gets as much pressure as they can/hold the run game. I'm not a big blitzing fan... it usually ends up in a big play if you don't get there. I like the strategy of making them kill clock and earn it and keep everything under neath. To me it's all for not when you blitz and give up a long touchdown... goes against what we do.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 19, 2012 at 9:46 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone