LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS MINNESOTA VIKINGS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 3)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by jimrat:
Romanowski- 49ers have no weaknesses

No weakness at RG.
No weakness at RT.
No weakness at QB.
No weakness at CB.

No more weaknesses.

They have a weakness for kicking asses. They just can't resist.
I think they were supposed to discussed a few of the Niners' strengths and weaknesses -- that was the plan, but Romo blew it up and just went straight out and said there's no weakness on the team The host gave up and walked off. No show is safe with Romo on it.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
It's more Harbaugh than Smith IMO.

Harbaugh could probably make Kap into Randall Cunningham On anabolic steroids

The same can be said about Andy Reid. He's made several QB's look good while in Philly and then when they leave, they look terrible with a different team.
Originally posted by TheChozen:
The same can be said about Andy Reid. He's made several QB's look good while in Philly and then when they leave, they look terrible with a different team.

So far I only have seen McNabb and Kolb but yeah they played like s**t when they left philly.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
This should be a very comfortable win, still early in the week but I'm thinking it should be a 31-14 type win. The Vikings barely beat the Jags and got killed by the Colts for 3 quarters and they still lost that game. Even if random things go wrong (special teams TD or bad fumbles) we should still win.
i hope smith beams singletary in the nuts if he has to throw the ball away. seeing smith put up huge numbers on singletary's new team would be pretty awesome. how are their db's?
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
i hope smith beams singletary in the nuts if he has to throw the ball away. seeing smith put up huge numbers on singletary's new team would be pretty awesome. how are their db's?

Mediocre at best. Winfeild was good years ago, but he has to rely more on his experience than physical ability now.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

This is what I have read from a few good Vikes fans so far...

- AD + Harvin are what pumps that offense.
- Front 4 pass rush has been slow to show the nasty they are capable of.
- Ponder has stretches where he shows up and plays well, but overall, has poor decision-making, ball security, and pocket presence.
- Frazier is unable to make adjustments in-game...
- their D has been better vs the run than the pass so far this year
- revamped and better secondary, but LBs struggle in coverage (keep in mind, their opponents have been Indy and Jax)
- lacking pass rush from their interior DL
- stadium noise could mean problems for our OL
- offense plays like us.. conservative with few deep shots downfield

edited in bold ^
[ Edited by oldman9er on Sep 19, 2012 at 6:14 AM ]
Bump! Midway into the week and this thread should be above last week's one.

GO NINERS!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by TheChozen:

So far I only have seen McNabb and Kolb but yeah they played like s**t when they left philly.

AJ Feeley was another. He played good for Reid while in Philly and sucked when he left, both times!

The Vikings have four players that they will rely on to help Christian Ponder move the ball , AP, Gerhart, Harvin and Kyle Rudolph ...Solid offensive talent , plus other decent weapons in Michael Jenkins , Devin Aromashodu and John Carlson ...but their offensive coordinator , Bill Musgrave could not get the team into any kind of rhythm the first two weeks , and against our defense, I'm tempted to say we could win by three or more TD's, as long as we contain Peterson

but I dont want to get too over confident , and chalk this one up as a W , but I have a feeling we can shut them out, and run the ball with authority all day long
Vikings Peterson could get more carries against 49ers defenseRead more here: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2012/09/vikings-peterson-could-get-more-carries-against-49ers-defense.html#storylink=cpy
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
On paper all we need to do is to stop peterson.Stafford is way over rated but really if we were able to take the run away from two decent to good teams, we should be able to do this tenfold to the vikings. I think we have to have a good start cuz thier crowd in that pathetic dome will be loud to start. Take care of the ball, do not let them think they can compete with us. limit mistakes and driver killers such as penalties,. pray the bad officiating that we know we see will be bad for both sides so it is not that much of a factor. do not miss tackles
Any word on Ginn and Jacobs? I kind of hope we hold them out this game. I'd like to see Kyle at KR and PR though. Also, hopefully we get a big enough lead so we can see the backups in and rest guys like Justin.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 19, 2012 at 9:25 AM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Any word on Ginn and Jacobs? I kind of hope we hold them out this game. I'd like to see Kyle at KR and PR though. Also, hopefully we get a big enough lead so we can see the backups in and rest guys like Justin.

I think Maiocco said there is a pretty good chance we see Ginn. Jacobs is still gonna be out
Share 49ersWebzone