There are 194 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS MINNESOTA VIKINGS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 3)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by JD81:
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN
Vikings RB Adrian Peterson on 49ers defense: "I don't think they've played a team that's committed to running the ball like we will be."

LAWL

Does he think we intend to use nickel & dime sets with 7 man boxes to stop him?

LOL.

And haven't we typically done well against him in the past??
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
ah my bad

jets are a decent team

tey have a great offense but i dont think there offense is good at all they got lucky in week 1 for whaever reason then got owned by steelers minus there 2 best players we will see for sure this week though if they dont score or do anything like last game

either way i dot think jets present much of a problem they are one of the teams we just have to score 14 points to win maybe and no matter how good jets defense is i could easily see us doing that

If it was at home I wouldn't be worried. I know we are a better road team than we have been in a long time but 2nd week on the road across the country isn't easy. If we can shut down their run and take care of Holmes we should win no problem.
Vikings RB Adrian Peterson on 49ers defense: "I don't think they've played a team that's committed to running the ball like we will be."

LAWL

Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:

Come at us bro
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
ah my bad

jets are a decent team

tey have a great offense but i dont think there offense is good at all they got lucky in week 1 for whaever reason then got owned by steelers minus there 2 best players we will see for sure this week though if they dont score or do anything like last game

either way i dot think jets present much of a problem they are one of the teams we just have to score 14 points to win maybe and no matter how good jets defense is i could easily see us doing that

The thing to keep in mind WITH ALL OF THESE teams, is that they always know how to show up against us (at least the GOOD us, hehe).

Would not surprise me one bit that Dolphins beat them, and they play a better (but still not enough) game against us.

I look forward to Jets game to see how our offense does against that defense. It should be one of the top 4 defenses we face this season.

Also look forward to Willis and Bowman rocking Tebow. I was dismayed that we have to wait until 2014 to face Denver, but loved the fact that we don't have to wait that long for our boy TT!
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Does he think we intend to use nickel & dime sets with 7 man boxes to stop him?

LOL.

And haven't we typically done well against him in the past??
19 for 85 with Favre at QB in Minnesota and the other game at SF 14 attempts for 3 yards. I think Taylor got us on a 84 yard td... other than that he was mostly sht down. Still much different teams... no williams wall either
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 19, 2012 at 9:54 AM ]
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
"@mattbarrows: Adrian Peterson on fellow 2007 draft pick Patrick Willis: "I don't know why me and him weren't No. 1 and No. 2 coming out.""

LAWL

Wasn't it his rookie year, or perhaps second year, that AP could only muster up like 6 yards on us on 14 carries? Lol. I'm sure he'll get more than 6 yards this Sunday, but I highly doubt he has a game like he does against bottom feeders.

We can stop him in the box with 7. But considering he's their main weapon, we might even see some 8 in the box... wait... do the 49ers even do that? Even better, do the 49ers need to even do that? Doubt it.

It'll be fun to see what AP can do though!

LAWL

well , they were committed to running the ball on the Colts ...and look where that got them

they will still run the ball just to be running it ...but our defense can smother their run attack and force Ponder to throw on us and make them a one dimendional team
Originally posted by ImaMod:
"@mattbarrows: Adrian Peterson on fellow 2007 draft pick Patrick Willis: "I don't know why me and him weren't No. 1 and No. 2 coming out.""

Calvin Johnson
AP doesn't scare me, it's Harvin. His speed and illusiveness will be trouble. I don't think their Oline will be able to handle our 4man pass rush, though. I still think it will be a big win!

Go Niners!

Originally posted by ImaMod:

the Raiders had the #1 pick that year. nuff sed.
Adrian Peterson said there should be an asterisk next to the big hit Patrick Willis had on him in 2007...

Peterson said today the hit came on an inside zone run to the left and admitted that Willis "got me on that one." In Peterson's mind, however, there's a big asterisk next to the hit. He said Willis had the advantage because he hit Peterson while Peterson was cutting. "You can't cut and lower your shoulder and think you're going to run him over," Peterson said. "Some guys you can get away with it. But he's a different person, a different player. That's not happening." That is, Willis didn't get the best of Peterson "mano-mano," Peterson said. If this video is of the play in question, it certainly looks like a "mano-mano" clash.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!

LAWL

yeah well.... when christian ponder is your QB..................................
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

LAWL

yeah well.... when christian ponder is your QB..................................

I wouldn't be talking that much if I was him. He still has to show he can play with that reconstructed knee.
Share 49ersWebzone