There are 119 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How will the Packers attack the 49ers?

Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by natrone06:
The only thing overrated is this argument. They also played football in 2010 and guess what? They were fantastic on offense.... in fact won the Super Bowl. They have only got better since then. And if you think They are overrated because of these stats you have to also say the 49ers defense is overrated playing the NFC west offenses 6 times last year. Neither are true.

in 2010 they were lead by one of the best pass defenses theyre offense was good but not fantastic as you say they averaged abour 24.25 points a game for comparision only 1 poinit more than we scored season (2010 packers scored 8 more points than 2011 49ers) so no they were not fantastic as you claim

and they are overrated as i said they are still a top 3 offensive team but they are not the unstopppable force everyone claims they are you cant dis-guard the fact that when they played a good defense they lost and didnt score much

Must have missed the playoffs that year huh? You can twist the stats anyway you want when in reality they played multiple games last year against teams with similar practical defenses as the chiefs. They went 15-1.

Again if you say the packers are overrated on offense then you must also admit the 49ers are overrated on defense. And unlike the 49ers defense there excellence has been more then a 1 year thing.
GB fans visiting the WZ?
5 WR's and Aaron Rodgers. On defense they will blitz blitz blitz so Alex does not get comfortable with his new weapons. Alex to Hunter in the flat might keep the Packers honest.
Originally posted by 49erswillbeback:
5 WR's and Aaron Rodgers. On defense they will blitz blitz blitz so Alex does not get comfortable with his new weapons. Alex to Hunter in the flat might keep the Packers honest.

The screen passes and sweeps will keep them honest in the blitz.
Originally posted by THEB:

The screen passes and sweeps will keep them honest in the blitz.

Snyder hater.
dont be mad cause youre gonna lose to me in FF

and yes we can finally run a proper screen now that snyder is gone. we got some actual blockers
[ Edited by THEB on Sep 6, 2012 at 3:54 AM ]

Fine by me. Alex has a 97.6 QBR with 13 TDs and 2 INTs when opponents blitz him (and he can get the ball out, lolz). That's better than when not blitzed.. but we know teams tend to beat our old OL with 4 coming anyway.

PFF stats
GOD Tolzien could have only learned the craft from one man...LORD Rodgers!!

In all seriousness, throw to anyone Tramaine Brock is guarding
The Packers wont run too many plays out of a base offense, they will utilize 3 & 4 WR sets , because they cant run on our defense, they might get a few yards here and there, but our front 7 will eat up their running backs.

it's going to be up to our secondary to keep them in check , but I hope Fangio blitzes Willis or Bowman from the Nickel defense every so often , but we should get good pressure from a front four of Cowboy, Aldon, Brooks and Ray Mac
They will attack their eyesight with one of the ugliest uniforms ever donned by a human being in any sport.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Sit Rogers, run the triple option out of the wing-t, and hope Alex Smith throws 8 INT's.

Ha! Wing-t! Reminds me of high school
All I gotta say is if the Packers are going into this game with a one dimensional passing attack, they already lost.
Originally posted by 559_er:
In all seriousness, throw to anyone Tramaine Brock is guarding

That's what Dallas did last night (vs. the Giants #4 CB) and they scored 2 TDs, one by Ogletree and one by Austin.
If they had a better OL, they'd attack our safeties. Use play action and/or have the slot/TE run 7-10 yard patterns to draw them down, than try to hit someone over the top. Try to create situations where the S can't give the outside CB's support over the top. Rodgers is great on the run, so they may try it even with that OL. Or add a designed roll out to buy some time.

I would anticipate some crack back blocks on the Smith bros (similar to what we did to teams like Detroit last year), and some screens to Aldon's side (really test his comfort playing OLB).
[ Edited by Overkill on Sep 6, 2012 at 10:49 AM ]
Pass....