LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 266 users in the forums

How will the 49ers attack the Packers?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Time of possession, field position.
Power Football.
Run....
Run, short throw, run, run, PA medium throw, run, run, run, short throw, PA short throw TD

Mix and Repeat
Imagine the Jumbo package with CK at QB...it'll go like this...

Let it roll, let it roll! = the defense is playing the run, run play action pass and/or QB option

Kill, kill, kill! = the defense is playing pass, time to bulldoze the opposition!

We have to run the ball and throw it down the middle of the field.

These guys are going play run, blitz and cover up the short passes and sidelines. They will dare Smith to go over the middle. Pretty much the formula for beating the niners the past few years.
  • Oscar
  • Hall of Fame
One thing to watch is the wheel route by VD, Bruce Miller, or Walker. The 49ers will test the Packer LBs, and rightfully so. If Woodson is on Davis then that creates mismatches other places on the field.
Originally posted by Oscar:
One thing to watch is the wheel route by VD, Bruce Miller, or Walker. The 49ers will test the Packer LBs, and rightfully so. If Woodson is on Davis then that creates mismatches other places on the field.

Yep. Want to see wheel routes and more slants.
They more then likely will match up Woodson with Davis because they have NO ONE that can cover him, their linebackers would never stay with him in the open field. That would leave Moss or Crabtree 1 on 1 not too mention Manningham when he's on the field, and if they don't put Woodson on Davis that would be their biggest mistake and that's where I hope our offense would attack them, in my opinion anyways. I know the running game is very important, keeping Rodgers off the field and chewing up clock, because it's obvious we have an advantage in the running game and should be able to churn 135-185 yards on the ground by committee. I still think the game comes down to how we attack them through the air though but MOST IMPORTANTLY FOOTBALL IS BACK AND I JUST CANT WAIT FOR SUNDAY lol
LMJ pass plays in the flat
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Jan 5, 2013 at 8:28 PM ]

AJ Jenkins must catch
Anal
Cox did a pretty good job on Cobb in Week 1 so could we be seeing a lot of Willis on the sideline again in the Packers' 4 and 5 WR sets?
I don't think Woodson can run with Davis. I know there is no Packer LB who can run with LMJ.
Vernon needs to step up because it could be tough to get C'tree the ball with Capers likely to double and triple team him all game long.
Share 49ersWebzone