There are 137 users in the forums

How will the 49ers attack the Packers?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Frank, Kendall, and Brandon.
Just one early TD to Moss & the rest of the field opens up for VD.

Then pound the ball down their throats.
Offensively, we're going to do what we do, play ball control offense. Establish the power run game, mix in stretch zone runs, amd take the occasional shot downfield.

Defensively, this game comes down to one thing: can we put pressure on Rodgers with 3 and 4 man pressure? If we can, we increase our chances of winning tremendously.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Sep 5, 2012 at 12:32 PM ]
Listening now.. thanks for doing these.. they iz teh funz.
kendall hunter
On Offense our diverse rushing attack will keep us in the game, we can and will control field position, and the clock, Alex can pass when needed.

On Defense that's another story, and we will know how it is going t go right away. The way to beat any good QB is to get pressure with your front 4 and not to have to blitz them. If we can sit back in coverage and force Rodgers to go through is reads quickly he will either dump it of, throw it away or try to beat us with his legs. I look for us to get pressure with 4 and play coverage, and I think we make Rodger a runner, and punish as much as we can.
Originally posted by ForeverYoung8:
Frank, Kendall, and Brandon.

In a 2 TE set, with L. Davis, Dobbs, as the TE's with Tukuafu at fullback! Add in the rest of the right side of the line and that is nearly one ton of muscle!
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Offensively, we're going to do what we do, play ball control offense. Establish the power run game, mix in stretch zone runs, amd take the occasional shot downfield.

Defensively, this game comes down to one thing: can we put pressure on Rodgers with 3 and 4 man pressure? If we can, we increase our chances of winning tremendously.

Yes, yes we can! 4 will be enough!
Good for you, Oscar (in picking us to win).

to Richard and Matty B?
I see everyone talking about our offense..but our defense needs to attack them as well...look at how the Giants beat them.

If you can take the offense out of the game, then you can afford to run on them, which takes the INTs their defense depend on out of the game. Their D makes a living on daring people to pass to catch up with the offense. A defensive effort with Short and medium passes and a good chunk of running from the offense will win this game.

Send Woodson deep with WR deep routes to open middle of field where our TEs can make short work of their ILBs in the passing game. In the running game, attack that middle as Raji is battling with an injury. I think the RDE is also dealing with one, too. No matter what, IMO, Capers is going to dare Roman to pass. I think this game can turn out to be like the NYG game during the middle of last season where we threw so much more because NYG was stacking the box.

We are going to dare them to stop our running attack and fake them out depending on the defensive look. It's all about decieving. Who's going to win? Roman or Capers. Given his short history, I see Roman having the upper hand especially with improvements and better talent on our offense especially at WR and OG.

:)
Originally posted by ninertico:
Send Woodson deep with WR deep routes to open middle of field where our TEs can make short work of their ILBs in the passing game. In the running game, attack that middle as Raji is battling with an injury. I think the RDE is also dealing with one, too. No matter what, IMO, Capers is going to dare Roman to pass. I think this game can turn out to be like the NYG game during the middle of last season where we threw so much more because NYG was stacking the box.

We are going to dare them to stop our running attack and fake them out depending on the defensive look. It's all about decieving. Who's going to win? Roman or Capers. Given his short history, I see Roman having the upper hand especially with improvements and better talent on our offense especially at WR and OG.

:)

charles woodson will be guarding VD
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

good luck!
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

good luck!

hes still one of the best off press coverage and has some speed

that being said VD does have an advantage but it isnt exactly one sided he can handle him 1 on 1
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
We hit them in the mouth!
Share 49ersWebzone