LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 273 users in the forums

How will the 49ers attack the Packers?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Oscar
  • Hall of Fame
The NFL season is BACK and we celebrate the beginning of this football season with a preview of the 49ers week one matchup against Green Bay. No one is giving San Francisco a chance in this game, and everyone is chalking this game up as a loss.

I don't think it's as clear cut as Vegas and football prognosticators think.

We also have Matt Barrows back for our weekly rundown as well as predictions for the NFL season. SHOCKER: Richard DOESN'T have Dallas in the playoffs and I do.

So - how do you think the 49ers need to play the game in order to win?

Listen via iTunes

Listen online
Soften em up with the run, then sting them with the pass, then make them quit.
The Packers are thin at MLB. Bishop's injury will allow our underneath passing game (Vernon, Walker, Crabtree) to flourish as well as extend our running plays a few more yards. This will turn 3rd and 7 in to 3rd and 2, allowing us to continue drives and keep Rodgers on the bench.
[ Edited by NinerBuff on Sep 5, 2012 at 9:49 AM ]
First play - quick slant

Second play - play action pass, deep to Moss

Third - screen

Fourth - Gore up the middle.

that's how I see the game starting out.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
throw to deep bombs to Mawss, Veedee and Minningham
  • Oscar
  • Hall of Fame
What's interesting, and we dig into this on the Podcast, is to look at the game against KC last year. KC ran a varied selection of plays with their stable of RBs. They also ran screen to slow down the Caper's blitz packages.

Green Bay had something like three possessions before the end of the half. And the defense just rushed for and played coverage, but were able to get pressure with their front 4.

I think this is how the 49ers attack. We can learn a thing or two from Kansas City's win.
  • Oscar
  • Hall of Fame
And I don't think it's with deep throws, lol. But those designed shot plays...
  • Oscar
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
The Packers are thin at MLB. Bishop's injury will allow our underneath passing game (Vernon, Walker, Crabtree) to flourish as well as extend our running plays a few more yards. This will turn 3rd and 7 in to 3rd and 2, allowing us to continue drives and keep Rodgers on the bench.

Good call. THe Chiefs did have success across the middle on passes.
run 60% pass 40%
  • Oscar
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 20halfbackcurlXup:
run 60% pass 40%

The Chiefs ran 55% of the time, about on Par with Harbaugh's historical average between Stanford and SF.

Smash them with the run .....Raji and Pickett arent 100% , so I can see Harbaugh gashing them inside and wearing them out

We WILL take some shots down field , and I cant wait to see us pound on them with our Jumbo packages
1st down surprise attack with water balloons, 5 yard unsportsmanlike penalty.
2nd down crossing route Walker from strong side behind wake of Moss running a slant for 8 while their confused.
3rd down Gore for 3, 1st down.

Then we get serious.

1st down misdirection underneath.
2nd down Gore.

1st down Screen.
2nd down Moss deep.

Two straight first downs on second.

With Moss we gonna see a lot of misdirection.
Machine gun is the only was smith out shoots rodgers in this game. I think run, run and then run some more. We need to shorten the game and score stds instead of fgs
  • Oscar
  • Hall of Fame
Do we see The Kapper in this game?
Originally posted by Whomeam:
First play - quick slant

Second play - play action pass, deep to Moss

Third - screen

Fourth - Gore up the middle.

that's how I see the game starting out.

#1 Yup!
#2 Yup!
#3 Yup!
#4 And Yup!

That's how i see it too. And after we get the lead, we gonna gash em with the run just like another poster said.
Share 49ersWebzone