There are 199 users in the forums

Would Peyton have been a better fit than Alex?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BayArea:
Originally posted by mella8:
Originally posted by Wodwo:
I was in the gameday thread, but then got suspended for apparently making all you guys mad by saying that GB might come back bc of their offense. Didnt know ppl were so sensitive around here

I was in the gameday thread, but then got suspended for apparently making all you guys mad by saying that GB might come back bc of their offense. Didnt know ppl were so sensitive around here

+1 ^

Lol...pathetic. What happened to the good ole days when you could honestly critique/praise a team and get some great analysis from other members ? You youngsters are all about "rah rah 49ers" "rah rah Alex Smith" --- any exception is considered blasphemous and you ask for instant bans.

Like I said --- Alex Smith is the best ever. Lets just leave it at that.

At least be honest. You tried to pose as a 49er fan. So being fake and a liar while trolling and talking down our team while trying to make us think you are a fan? Come out and admit it you are the Packers fan and you are on our board to get a rise out of us. Then we can point out your teams faults. No point though the 49ers already took them to the cleaners so we are passed it. You apparently haven't moved on. lol

I love the way you talked s**t all week. Your team gets worked and you hide in a cave for a week then come back undercover. LMAO

Sure, whatever helps you sleep at night
Originally posted by Mankster:
Nah...not the 'best' ever. There are a couple I would put ahead of him. 16...8...

+1 ^

Lol...pathetic. What happened to the good ole days when you could honestly critique/praise a team and get some great analysis from other members ? You youngsters are all about "rah rah 49ers" "rah rah Alex Smith" --- any exception is considered blasphemous and you ask for instant bans.

Like I said --- Alex Smith is the best ever. Lets just leave it at that.

At least be honest. You tried to pose as a 49er fan. So being fake and a liar while trolling and talking down our team while trying to make us think you are a fan? Come out and admit it you are the Packers fan and you are on our board to get a rise out of us. Then we can point out your teams faults. No point though the 49ers already took them to the cleaners so we are passed it. You apparently haven't moved on. lol

I love the way you talked s**t all week. Your team gets worked and you hide in a cave for a week then come back undercover. LMAO

Sure, whatever helps you sleep at night

You won a game so it gave you the balls to troll again?
Didn't want Peyton in March, and wouldn't want him now.

Look at it this way... We sign Peyton and we wouldn't have been able to re-sign Alex, Brooks, Rogers + Manningham
We sign Peyton in March we are one broke ass team with no chance, and more then likely a coaching staff having trouble getting it through Peytons head that its there gameplan not his. As soon as he arrived in Denver he was getting ahold of former team mates to try to get them too sign.
Thank GOD we ended up with Alex Smith.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by boomer49er:
2012 Alex Smith > 2012 Peyton Manning

Manning just doesn't have the incredible arm strength thathe used to have. It's really showing.

I didn't see the game tonight, but there were a couple throws last week that made me cringe how soft and flat they looked. It looked like a changeup coming out of his hand. I noted it in case it becomes a recurring theme.

I can only laugh at Elway for abandoning cheap Tebow for Manning. Not saying Tebow is better but honestly I would have gave Tebow one more season starting just to see what happens before laying the whole team on the line with Peyton.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

Manning just doesn't have the incredible arm strength thathe used to have. It's really showing.

I didn't see the game tonight, but there were a couple throws last week that made me cringe how soft and flat they looked. It looked like a changeup coming out of his hand. I noted it in case it becomes a recurring theme.

I've got nothing against Peyton. How much of those interceptions are due to 'bad decisions' versus 'not realizing he can't make the throw any more?'
I can only laugh at Elway for abandoning cheap Tebow for Manning. Not saying Tebow is better but honestly I would have gave Tebow one more season starting just to see what happens before laying the whole team on the line with Peyton.

Elway wanted to get rid of Tebow, but the Broncos fan base loved him. The only way he could do it without getting roasted alive in the media would be to get a QB with better marquee.

Based off of today.

No, but this game is hardly a typical Peyton Manning performance. Either way it's a mute point because nobody advocated to pay Peyton the money he got from Denver.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Sep 17, 2012 at 9:06 PM ]
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
also, Payton runs his own offense. Harbaugh wouldn't allow that.
In answer to the OP's question, not after tonite, 3 INTs in first qtr, and he looked bad doing it. First two were long passes, and...they just weren't long enough. Honestly, I will feel bad for Peyton, whom i admire, and the Bronco fans if he has peaked, and it is downhill from here. And no, i don't wish we had made that acquisition. Besides other things, we couldn't have afforded him plus Mario, Moss, Jacobs, Rogers, et al. Coach and Baalke did the right thing for the right reasons...we couldn't afford peyton plus a bunch of other key players, plus, after tonite, a lot of folks, and peyton himself, are gonna wonder, " is that all there is that is left?" And don't think there aren't a lot of folks discussing that after dinner tonite. Sure, he may have good games, bad games and in between games. But what I saw tonite is a guy who couldn't come close on the long ball, and was mysitified by the coverages. Coach did good to consider peyton, and choose alex.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
also, Payton runs his own offense. Harbaugh wouldn't allow that.

The turnover offense?

didnt have a tight spiral....looked like a Shaun Hill pass a few times

after watching the 2nd one I called my lil bro (an Atl fan) and said someting is wrong with Manning
Share 49ersWebzone