There are 202 users in the forums

Ted Ginn injured

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Missed a month last season to an ankle sprain and in preseason of the following season, he sustains an ankle sprain to the same ankle.

I'd say that's chronic and if you're going to get real technical about the definition of it, then let's just say it's problematic.
he sprained an ankle, so what. yes it was the same one, so what. gore has had lots of injuries but i do not recall anyone placing labels on him.i read nothing further into his injury than that. he has no history, it is not chronic for gods sake
The rest of your post makes a valid point but the bolded is entirely untrue. Tons of people talk about Gore being injury plagued and losing a step. They've talked about it ad nauseam on this board since 2008 or so.

I'm just saying, I hope Ginn's recent nicks don't keep occurring because he's one of the most important players on this team with what he brings in the field position department.
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
It amazes me the stupidity of some fans on this board to still rip Kyle. I think he has done a fine job this whole preseason. He has done a lot for this team as well as hurt it (for one game only). Its just like the Soprano's. ITS OVER!!! You got to find a new show and move on. < Got that from Forgetting Sarah Marshall lulz

Kyle Williams reminds me of a poor mans Steve Smith. I have barley seen him drop a pass thrown to him and he plays with something I like out of a football player which is aggressive tenacity. f**k it flame me if you like I mean this only Niner Talk. Kyle will rebound and rather any of you guys ever forgive him or not I clearly don't give a damn. Good Luck Kyle and remember Haters Gonna Hate!

i agree 100%.

But still, get well soon ASAP ginn
Originally posted by modninerfan:
It amazes me the stupidity of some fans on this board to still rip Kyle. I think he has done a fine job this whole preseason. He has done a lot for this team as well as hurt it (for one game only). Its just like the Soprano's. ITS OVER!!! You got to find a new show and move on. < Got that from Forgetting Sarah Marshall lulz

Kyle Williams reminds me of a poor mans Steve Smith. I have barley seen him drop a pass thrown to him and he plays with something I like out of a football player which is aggressive tenacity. f**k it flame me if you like I mean this only Niner Talk. Kyle will rebound and rather any of you guys ever forgive him or not I clearly don't give a damn. Good Luck Kyle and remember Haters Gonna Hate!

I'm with you... I'm cheering for Kyle
Second that- I've moved on and ready for him to tear it up this year. Bottom line, he is still a good punt returner and turning out to be a very reliable receiver.
I've sort of moved on but I'll always cringe when I see Williams back there in a meaningful game, I want ginn out there without a doubt and hope he's out there in GB
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFVNiner:
Second that- I've moved on and ready for him to tear it up this year. Bottom line, he is still a good punt returner and turning out to be a very reliable receiver.
but who will return kicks? i guess hunter would be the choice since we do not have terry kirby anymore. I am hoping the two kids we drafted will do the job next year but in my opinion that does us no good if ginn can not go for the first game
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by modninerfan:

I'm with you... I'm cheering for Kyle

It would be apropos if Kyle Williams returns a punt for a TD against the GB and it turns out to be the deciding score of the game.

yeah that would be good for him and his reputation
Can Dix return punts
but who will return kicks? i guess hunter would be the choice since we do not have terry kirby anymore. I am hoping the two kids we drafted will do the job next year but in my opinion that does us no good if ginn can not go for the first game

My guess would be Hunter as well... which is not a bad option; he already has experience and we know he's quick. Funny you mention Terry Kirby ... he used to make me nervous whenever he touched the ball... ran upright all the time.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Can Dix return punts

LOL not sure if serious

................ you look like you need a hug.

Still a good punt returner? I wouldnt say he is a GOOD punt returner.
Any news on the injury?
Should we give Chuck Levy a call?
Doesn't that Perish Cox guy return punts? I though Rock Cartright did as well. Maybe one of these guys we haven't seen much of can be the backup.

There is always Hunter I seem to remember him returning a couple last year and did alright.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Kyle Williams returning punts.

Share 49ersWebzone