There are 55 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Official Roster Cutdown Thread

Please, if the 49ers saw potential in him they would have found a way to keep him. Why risk it?
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
It could also be that Baalke knew we wouldn't be keeping Tyms on the 53, but he also knew that other teams would be interested, so there was no way he would make it to the practice squad and he released him now to give him a better chance with his new team.

There, I've added my speculations to make Baalke sound less crazy for cutting a future superstar.
This who I thought would get cut (the other thread was asking who thought would get cut and when I posted it many of you assumed I was posting it as fact so now I'm clarifying)

Originally posted by modninerfan:
Butrym, Mosley, Hastings, Celek, masifilo, Bell, Hannula, Hampton, Nelson, Purvis, Sawyer, Swain, Holland, Josh Johnson
This who I thought would get cut (the other thread was asking who thought would get cut and when I posted it many of you assumed I was posting it as fact so now I'm clarifying)

Butrym, Mosley, Hastings, Celek, masifilo, Bell, Hannula, Hampton, Nelson, Purvis, Sawyer, Swain, Holland, Josh Johnson

oh nooooo not joshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Originally posted by hofer36:

oh nooooo not joshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Oops.
[ Edited by niners94 on Aug 27, 2012 at 12:44 PM ]
Request to THEB or Mods

Can you post the actually cuts in the initial post?
Josh will be cut
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
"@MaioccoCSN: Draft pick OL Jason Slowey and WR Joe Hastings are among the 49ers who were waived today."
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by boast:
Josh will be cut

...like a Turducken when John Madden forgot the knife.

(Hint: He used his hand to cut it in half)
Originally posted by boast:
Josh will be cut

I think Harbaugh will cut him now to give him a better chance to be signed by another team
Originally posted by ImaMod:
"@MaioccoCSN: Draft pick OL Jason Slowey and WR Joe Hastings are among the 49ers who were waived today."

wow, Slowey.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran

"@MaioccoCSN: LB Darius Fleming moved to reserve/football injury list. He's ineligible for first six weeks. Same goes for RB Jewel Hampton."
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

Wow, I wasn't expecting Slowey to get cut so soon.
Maiocco's tweet LB Darius Fleming moved to reserve/football injury list. He's ineligible for first six weeks. Same goes for RB Jewel Hampton.
2 mores spots need clearing since now Fleming and Hampton are no longer on 90 man roster with those moves.