LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 313 users in the forums

Official Roster Cutdown Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by susweel:
Okay I got warned 25% so you crying little b***hes can feel better now.

personal attack on everyone in the zone
So I guess we aren't resting Akers against SD... With these guys gone we need 6 more. Only one I don't like is Tyms but we might sneak him onto the PS. Nelms maybe as well...

K - Tavecchio, WR - Hannula, DL - Masifilo, DB - Nelms, DB - Purvis, DL - Butrym, TE - Sawyer, WR - Tyms

So I would say Garrett Celek, Kyle Nelson the LS if he is still around, Anthony Mosley, Cameron Bell, Joe Hastings, Kourtnei Brown (ps?), Al Netter and maybe Alama-Francis if they dont want 1 more look at him would be candidates for the other 6 cuts.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 27, 2012 at 12:13 PM ]
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Originally posted by susweel:
Okay I got warned 25% so you crying little b***hes can feel better now.

personal attack on everyone in the zone

It's been dealt with.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
So I guess we aren't resting Akers against SD... With these guys gone we need 6 more. Only one I don't like is Tyms but we might sneak him onto the PS. Nelms maybe as well...

K - Tavecchio, WR - Hannula, DL - Masifilo, DB - Nelms, DB - Purvis, DL - Butrym, TE - Sawyer, WR - Tyms

So I would say Garrett Celek, Kyle Nelson the LS if he is still around, Anthony Mosley, Cameron Bell, Joe Hastings, Kourtnei Brown (ps?), Al Netter and maybe Alama-Francis if they dont want 1 more look at him would be candidates for the other 6 cuts.

Netter > Wiggins

and they will def not cut Celek or Mosley just yet
Liked Tyms and Nelms as PS guys. Maybe cutting them on the 1st phase of cutdowns makes them fall off the radar for teams who are looking at week 4 standouts? I dunno, but it makes sense in my head
  • THEB
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
yeah Im suprised either one of the Matts dont have anything yet

Maiocco said he would be on a plane ride home from Denver during the cuts. Im not sure about Barrows.
  • Oscar
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Liked Tyms and Nelms as PS guys. Maybe cutting them on the 1st phase of cutdowns makes them fall off the radar for teams who are looking at week 4 standouts? I dunno, but it makes sense in my head

Usually pS guys are saved until final cuts to give other teams less time to snatch the cut players up. I don't think you can add players to the PS until after the final game.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran

Well..it didnt work

Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch
#49ers WR Brian Tyms has been released. His agent said "several" other teams have expressed interest.
I think Kyle Nelson, Kenny Wiggins (dude has been pretty terrible at RT), Cameron Bell, Joe Hastings, Anthony Mosley, and Joe Holland get eliminated.
Originally posted by ImaMod:

Well..it didnt work

#49ers WR Brian Tyms has been released. His agent said "several" other teams have expressed interest.

if he goes to OAK or SEA, $#it will go down

Originally posted by Oscar:

Usually pS guys are saved until final cuts to give other teams less time to snatch the cut players up. I don't think you can add players to the PS until after the final game.

You are correct. I was just stating that most teams watch preseason game 4 to go shopping for castoffs, as backups generally get more time in game 4 than in game 3. It is possible that rough-edged players with talent could go unnoticed if they were cut after the 3rd game. Just thinking out loud, holding out some hope that a kid like Tyms could make it.

Well..it didnt work

also why keep Joe Hastings over Tyms? Hastings blows
Netter > Wiggins

and they will def not cut Celek or Mosley just yet

Don't know about the 2nd statement. Mosley hasn't gotten much time but you could be right with Brock on the decline I'm surprised they didn't keep Nelms around and get him some more time to try and beat Brock out. That being said the 5th CB would probably be inactive a lot of games. Celek I don't see the point in keeping him around. It's Reuland or Dobbs at 3rd TE unless they don't want those guys playing the whole game. Don't even think Celek played well enough to be a PS guy.

Yeah, I should add Wiggins. I think Hall has as legit of a shot at tackle as Person does. Otherwise, he goes to PS and has a chance at 3rd T next year.

Edit: Yeah, I could see having Hastings last year when we had no depth but he isn't as good as Tyms, Palmer or Owusu. I really hope we can sneak 2 of those 3 on the PS but if teams are smart they take a look at them guys.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 27, 2012 at 12:31 PM ]
You are correct. I was just stating that most teams watch preseason game 4 to go shopping for castoffs, as backups generally get more time in game 4 than in game 3. It is possible that rough-edged players with talent could go unnoticed if they were cut after the 3rd game. Just thinking out loud, holding out some hope that a kid like Tyms could make it.
If Tymes can make it to a team's 53 man roster as opposed to our practice squad I'm happy for him. I'd love to keep him in the Red and Gold but he probably has a better chance somewhere else.

Well..it didnt work

also why keep Joe Hastings over Tyms? Hastings blows

Tyms may have looked the part but he was really raw. Not really a surprise when you look at the kid's background. Tough break for him.
Share 49ersWebzone