LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 217 users in the forums

Official Roster Cutdown Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Oscar
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Request to THEB or Mods

Can you post the actually cuts in the initial post?

Doneski.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Makes me think they really like Jewel Hampton.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
2 mores spots need clearing since now Fleming and Hampton are no longer on 90 man roster with those moves.

Bump
2 mores spots need clearing since now Fleming and Hampton are no longer on 90 man roster with those moves.
Chance that Cam Johnson gets put on PUP?
shocked about Slowey, I guess Kilgore is the best backup C we have
Maiocco's tweet LB Darius Fleming moved to reserve/football injury list. He's ineligible for first six weeks. Same goes for RB Jewel Hampton.

I figured we would move those 2 guys to PUP or eventually IR but why not Cam Johnson as well so we can keep him?
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by ImaMod:
"@MaioccoCSN: Draft pick OL Jason Slowey and WR Joe Hastings are among the 49ers who were waived today."

Wow, I wasn't expecting Slowey to get cut so soon.
I almost put him on my projected cut list but thought they would keep him until the next round of cuts since he was a draft pick. Wouldn't be surprised to see him still end up on the practice squad.
[ Edited by AllTimeGreat on Aug 27, 2012 at 12:57 PM ]
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
shocked about Slowey, I guess Kilgore is the best backup C we have

Not really to shocked. Dude was a potential pick. He played against a low level of competition, I think we drafted him to see if he had anything we could mold or not. Guess they saw he probably didn't.
[ Edited by Travisty13 on Aug 27, 2012 at 12:57 PM ]
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Makes me think they really like Jewel Hampton.

Hampton has a ton of potential and this is a free pass to hold onto him. Jacobs is probably one and done here. Gore is at the tail end of his career, although reports of his demise might be greatly exaggerated.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
I almost put him on my projected cut list but thought they would keep him until the next round of cuts since he was a draft pick. Wouldn't be surprised to see him end up on the practice squad.

Yeah, doubt there are any teams that will claim him so he should make it to the PS. Not a big surprise but then again I thought he would make it to 2nd cuts so maybe they don't want him on the PS?
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 27, 2012 at 12:59 PM ]

my guess on the last 2 final cuts for today are: Wiggins and Nelson
  • buck
  • Veteran
08/27/2012
The San Francisco 49ers announced they have moved RB Jewel Hampton to the Reserve/Non-Football Injury List and LB Darius Fleming to the Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform

List.08/27/2012

The 49ers have waived Cameron Bell, Kourtnei Brown, Patrick Butrym, Ben Hannula,Joe Hastings, Matthew Masifilo, Cory Nelms, Deante' Purvis, Joe Sawyer,Jason Slowey, Giorgio Tavecchio and Brian Tyms.

http://www.49ers.com/team/transactions.html

My guess is Josh Johnson (to allow him to find another team) and Brock, just to send a message that you need to play well every week.

I originally thought that as well, but since Wiggins is the second string RT and there's no one behind him on the depth chart, I wouldn't be surprised if he made it till the final round of cuts so we could have a full second string O-line for practice purposes.

I don't see what use Cameron Bell has on this roster. I think he gets dumped.
  • Oscar
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:

I originally thought that as well, but since Wiggins is the second string RT and there's no one behind him on the depth chart, I wouldn't be surprised if he made it till the final round of cuts so we could have a full second string O-line for practice purposes.

I don't see what use Cameron Bell has on this roster. I think he gets dumped.

Bell is officially out.
Share 49ersWebzone