There are 233 users in the forums

Official Roster Cutdown Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
So thats 12 cuts and two on PUP? thats it right?
Originally posted by JoseCortez:

yep, all 14 moves made.
  • Oscar
  • Hall of Fame

I believe so.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Maiocco's tweet LB Darius Fleming moved to reserve/football injury list. He's ineligible for first six weeks. Same goes for RB Jewel Hampton.

I figured we would move those 2 guys to PUP or eventually IR but why not Cam Johnson as well so we can keep him?

If I recall correctly, you can't go to PUP if you've practiced during TC. I think Cam practiced for the 1st few days; Fleming and Hampton never practiced.

Correct, Jose.
So the fact that theyve kept Josh Johnson means that there is still a competition there. It wouldnt be fair to either him or Tolzien to keep them around and prevent either of them from finding a new team unless there was still competition Im assuming.
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
shocked about Slowey, I guess Kilgore is the best backup C we have

Not really to shocked. Dude was a potential pick. He played against a low level of competition, I think we drafted him to see if he had anything we could mold or not. Guess they saw he probably didn't.

Good call. Dude was a long shot from the beginning. Leaves Beeler as the PS backup to Goodwin and Kilgore. Niners are still two deep across the board on the offensive line.
So the fact that theyve kept Josh Johnson means that there is still a competition there. It wouldnt be fair to either him or Tolzien to keep them around and prevent either of them from finding a new team unless there was still competition Im assuming.

We picked up Tolzien after the final cut down. I think people may be reading too much into timing.
  • Oscar
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by olapac:
Maiocco's tweet LB Darius Fleming moved to reserve/football injury list. He's ineligible for first six weeks. Same goes for RB Jewel Hampton.

I figured we would move those 2 guys to PUP or eventually IR but why not Cam Johnson as well so we can keep him?

If I recall correctly, you can't go to PUP if you've practiced during TC. I think Cam practiced for the 1st few days; Fleming and Hampton never practiced.

That's 100% correct.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oscar:
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
my guess on the last 2 final cuts for today are: Wiggins and Nelson

I originally thought that as well, but since Wiggins is the second string RT and there's no one behind him on the depth chart, I wouldn't be surprised if he made it till the final round of cuts so we could have a full second string O-line for practice purposes.

I don't see what use Cameron Bell has on this roster. I think he gets dumped.

Bell is officially out.

A bit surprised to see Kourtnei Brown, Jason Slowey and Brian Tymes cut today. Not that I thought they would have any chance to make the 53 man roster, but I'm surprised to see them get cut in this wave instead of the final cuts. They seemed like players the 49ers might keep on the practice squad to try to develop.

They still could make it on the PS, but don't teams generally cut the guys they want on the PS after the 4th game?
Originally posted by Oscar:
Originally posted by olapac:

That's 100% correct.

Thanks guys... yeah he did have a few days practice. So can we put him on IR even though he probably won't be out much longer? Or would he have to be on the 53 man roster 1st?

edit: scratch that... Fleming did practice here because he tore his ACL in one of the 1st practices.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 27, 2012 at 1:18 PM ]
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
I don't think tyms makes it on a 53 man roster. Dude will be on someones practice squad
No surprises this week. Maybe Tyms slightly. Next weeks cuts are what counts...They have to cut about 22 players and that's quite a few. Expect surprises.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
A bit surprised to see Kourtnei Brown, Jason Slowey and Brian Tymes cut today. Not that I thought they would have any chance to make the 53 man roster, but I'm surprised to see them get cut in this wave instead of the final cuts. They seemed like players the 49ers might keep on the practice squad to try to develop.

They still could make it on the PS, but don't teams generally cut the guys they want on the PS after the 4th game?

i think we can all agree that JH and company dont follow the general trends. they are on their own program.
Share 49ersWebzone