[ Edited by Xantho on Aug 27, 2012 at 9:31 AM ]
There are 740 users in the forums
Webzoners Final 53 Man Rosters
Shop Find 49ers gear online
Aug 27, 2012 at 9:30 AM
- Xantho
- Veteran
- Posts: 56
Before yesterday's game i would have agreed with Dixon being gone, but he looked very motivated yesterday. That may push him above the Rock and into being the 4th RB with him as emergency FB.
Aug 27, 2012 at 9:31 AM
- LasVegasWally
- Veteran
- Posts: 24,886
Looks good to me, and it probably will shake out this way. Have zero confidence in Brock. Bakhtiari is a question mark and bye-bye Dixon.
It will be interesting who will be available from other teams when they trim down to the final 53.
It will be interesting who will be available from other teams when they trim down to the final 53.
Aug 27, 2012 at 9:33 AM
- ninerfan4life
- Veteran
- Posts: 26,878
Dixon will make it over Cartwright.
Aug 27, 2012 at 9:34 AM
- lamontb
- Veteran
- Posts: 33,284
Might have to add an extra CB over a safety or a 6th running back. If one guy gets hurt and teams go to 4/5 wide sets. Who are they gonna put out there?
Aug 27, 2012 at 9:36 AM
- btthepunk
- Veteran
- Posts: 23,344
Originally posted by lamontb:
Might have to add an extra CB over a safety or a 6th running back. If one guy gets hurt and teams go to 4/5 wide sets. Who are they gonna put out there?
A safety, just like they would last year. Very rarely does a defense put 4/5 CB's on 4/5 WR's.
Aug 27, 2012 at 9:49 AM
- paulk205
- Veteran
- Posts: 977
Good projection, but I don't think we'll carry only 9 DBs. Unlike the majority here, I think Brock makes it. We could even go with 11 DBs again to the expense of one DL (Williams, probably) and/or the third TE.
I also think JJ makes it over Tolzien. I just can't see us going with two inexperienced backups when Alex usually takes such a pounding in games. I can't see us carry 4 QBs either, since this team is big on STs and a QB is useless there.
I agree Dixon is a goner.
I also think JJ makes it over Tolzien. I just can't see us going with two inexperienced backups when Alex usually takes such a pounding in games. I can't see us carry 4 QBs either, since this team is big on STs and a QB is useless there.
I agree Dixon is a goner.
Aug 27, 2012 at 9:54 AM
- lamontb
- Veteran
- Posts: 33,284
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Might have to add an extra CB over a safety or a 6th running back. If one guy gets hurt and teams go to 4/5 wide sets. Who are they gonna put out there?
A safety, just like they would last year. Very rarely does a defense put 4/5 CB's on 4/5 WR's.
True that.
Aug 27, 2012 at 9:58 AM
- ads_2006
- Veteran
- Posts: 64,531
who would play special teams?
Aug 27, 2012 at 9:58 AM
- GolittaCamper
- Veteran
- Posts: 7,277
I think Ruland goes to the PS, here why He is a skill TE, we have two good ones already and need a blocking TE, that's Dobbs, if Davis or Walker goes down, we limp through the game, and call up Conrad for the next week. Saves a roster spot.
Aug 27, 2012 at 10:01 AM
- Paul_Hofer
- Veteran
- Posts: 4,080
I'm leaning toward either cutting or training Ted Ginn. Too many injuries too often. This would allow the team to protect Owusu or Palmer on the 53.
Aug 27, 2012 at 10:02 AM
- 9erred
- Veteran
- Posts: 4,195
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
I think Ruland goes to the PS, here why He is a skill TE, we have two good ones already and need a blocking TE, that's Dobbs, if Davis or Walker goes down, we limp through the game, and call up Conrad for the next week. Saves a roster spot.
Agree, there is so many TE's in the league similar to Rheuland that I doubt he would get picked uip. The last 7 (inactives for the game) are basically PS players with bigger pay checks. In the above scenario you would need to carry 2 OL on the PS to be able to call up in case of injuries.
Aug 27, 2012 at 10:02 AM
- NeeJ49er
- Veteran
- Posts: 9,580
Reuland to the PS
Dixon is gone
Brock stays
Dixon is gone
Brock stays
Aug 27, 2012 at 10:06 AM
- English
- Moderator
- Posts: 41,413
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:I'm leaning toward either cutting or training Ted Ginn. Too many injuries too often. This would allow the team to protect Owusu or Palmer on the 53.
Yes, we did so well without him.
No.
Aug 27, 2012 at 10:07 AM
- NeeJ49er
- Veteran
- Posts: 9,580
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
I'm leaning toward either cutting or training Ted Ginn. Too many injuries too often. This would allow the team to protect Owusu or Palmer on the 53.
Yes, we did so well without him.
No.
Not gonna happen , Teddy aint going nowhere !!!!