LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 234 users in the forums

POLL: Is Colin Kaepernick getting a free pass to No. 2?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

POLL: Is Colin Kaepernick getting a free pass to No. 2?

Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by kush:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
The answer has to be yes because you can't tell me with a straight face that he's outplayed Tolzien and that includes last year too.

*puts on straight face*

Colin Kaepernick has outplayed Scott Tolzien this preseason. He gives you a much larger variety of plays to call and he has been successful running them. His arm and athleticism are far beyond what ST possesses and frankly he's a few live game-repitions away from being the best QB on our roster.

Lmfao

I don't need to read any more of your comments after that nugget of bs.
Good story Bro, way to be

Lmao, this coming from the guy who declared Tolzien the #2 based on one quarter of a preseason game
[ Edited by kush on Aug 20, 2012 at 7:12 PM ]
i think kaep is the #2 but its more of he hasnt lost it and no one is pulling away with it than he won it
Of course. That's what happens to high draft picks. Same deal with Gabbert or Tannehill. It's not just about who's better right now. Youngsters are given credit for their potential.
I think he should be throwing the pass rather than getting it
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
I think he should be throwing the pass rather than getting it

thats what hes doing now
This not just a Harbaugh decision. Baalke has just as much to say or more about the roster. And when it comes to Polls the silent majority always rules. A small percentage of the member's on here actually comment on a regular basis.
Originally posted by OnYouLikeGlue:
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by OnYouLikeGlue:
I agree. For some reason a lot of people want to overlook that Kaep has produced 13 points during the preseason so far while JJ and Tolzien have produced a combined 3 points. The QB position is about producing points, and Kaep has done that best of all the backups.

Fantastic post.

Dumb reasoning. He got seven of his points off one broken tim tebow like play that wouldn't work against a first string defense.

Well, using your dumb reasoning, how impressive does Tolzien seem considering he's produced 0 points against 3rd and 4th stringers?

Your sentence makes no sense.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerfan81:
This not just a Harbaugh decision. Baalke has just as much to say or more about the roster. And when it comes to Polls the silent majority always rules. A small percentage of the member's on here actually comment on a regular basis.

If you are claiming that Baalke has as much direct say about setting the depth chart as Harbaugh does, I think that you are mistaken.

But, if you have a source, I am open minded.
Dumb reasoning. He got seven of his points off one broken tim tebow like play that wouldn't work against a first string defense.

Dude, name some other QBs who would've been able to get through that whole without it closing? It's Mike Vick, Cam Newton and Colin Kaepernick(possibly Jake Locker too). Without their speed it's a 20-30 yard gain. Tebow, Alex Smith, Andy Dalton all get tackled by Chris Cook or even the safety.

LMAO, it's so funny how a 78 yard TD is being held AGAINST Kaep.

[ Edited by kush on Aug 20, 2012 at 7:24 PM ]
Dude, name some other QBs who would've been able to get through that whole without it closing? It's Mike Vick, Cam Newton and Colin Kaepernick(possibly Jake Locker too). Without their speed it's a 20-30 yard gain. Tebow, Alex Smith, Andy Dalton all get tackled by Chris Cook or even the safety.

Pm me when cam newton and michael vick win a superbowl. Actually, tell me the last quarterback who has won a superbowl who can do that.

Eli Manning...no
Aaron rodgers...no
Drew Brees...no
Ben Rothelsberger...no
Peyton Manning...no

I could go on...

Dude, name some other QBs who would've been able to get through that whole without it closing? It's Mike Vick, Cam Newton and Colin Kaepernick. Without their speed it's a 20-30 yard gain.

It's within the context of Kaep developing as a passer. Don't think anyone question his speed or discrediting his awesome run. But that play no matter how good it was doesn't prove or contribute to how good he is as a passer. As an offensive weapon yes... passer --no. I'm pretty sure most everyone is talking about Kaep's development as a passer.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Aug 20, 2012 at 7:30 PM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

the guy had a 78 yard run in pre season.that is no reason to compare him to cam newton or to say he is now worthy of the number one spot. cam could have run or passed for a touchdown, CK has lot of work to do throwing from the pocket. oh by the way, lawrence phillips once scored on a 80 yard touchdown run in pre season for us, he was given a big sloppy kiss by mooch, so what. Before you get shrill i am not comparing him to phillips. I am just saying to please temper your enthusiasm for Ck untill he improves his throwing. alex has had more runs and more important runs than CK has. this run is a nice highlight in a pre season game but is not a game changer
Pm me when cam newton and michael vick win a superbowl. Actually, tell me the last quarterback who has won a superbowl who can do that.

Eli Manning...no
Aaron rodgers...no
Drew Brees...no
Ben Rothelsberger...no
Peyton Manning...no

I could go on...

Didn't one play for us, did he not?
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,500 for Sunshine.

Eli Manning...no
Aaron rodgers...no
Drew Brees...no
Ben Rothelsberger...no
Peyton Manning...no

I could go on...
Ummm...Steve Young, you ever heard of him?
I think Scott Tolzien has played better than Kaepernick, this year and last year. I think Tolzien should be the #2. But I trust JH & Co. I don't think JH would keep a guy based on draft status. Maybe the first year but I can't see that happening this season. I trust JH to keep the best 53. But if Tolzien continue to play like he's playing and Kaepernick plays like he's playing and Kaepernick still wins the #2 job I'd call that a free pass. Personally, I think JH & Co. know what they have in Tolzien but are trying to really see what they have in Kaepernick.
Share 49ersWebzone