LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 256 users in the forums

POLL: Is Colin Kaepernick getting a free pass to No. 2?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

POLL: Is Colin Kaepernick getting a free pass to No. 2?

Why would anyone put any stock in ANYTHING Harbaugh says to the media? IMO, that is not evidence for anyones argument.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Why would anyone put any stock in ANYTHING Harbaugh says to the media? IMO, that is not evidence for anyones argument.

Give it up. Kap is #2, so any more bloviating about it is useless.

Paying attention to his compliments is one thing, but do you mean we should question whether CK7 is actually the number 2? I think harbaugh has been pretty clear in naming him the 2, I doubt it's some mind game. In that case how do we know Alex is the #1?? We can't take harbaugh at his word, of course.
Originally posted by dcsham:

Thanks, O'Reilly.

Anway, I'm not sure what you want me to give up? I'm just saying he throws out enough curve balls that its hard to know whats true and what's false. He openly mocks the media and knows they would love to write about the failures of last years number 2 draft pick. Harbaugh is one coach that you have to watch what he does, not what he says......Not sure why you would try to dispute that.

Edit: To be clear, I'm not saying he's lying. I'm just saying you can't really know.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Aug 23, 2012 at 8:29 PM ]

Thanks, O'Reilly.

Anway, I'm not sure what you want me to give up? I'm just saying he throws out enough curve balls that its hard to know whats true and what's false. He openly mocks the media and knows they would love to write about the failures of last years number 2 draft pick. Harbaugh is one coach that you have to watch what he does, not what he says......Not sure why you would try to dispute that.

What he's doing and what he's saying is matching in this situation no?
Originally posted by natrone06:

Thanks, O'Reilly.

What he's doing and what he's saying is matching in this situation no?

Thats a fair point, but I'm skeptical about the reasons he's given ( "Kaep has emerged"). Of course, I'm not there in practice, but he just doesn't look good in games to me. Dude should have 3 picks, its just that the DBs drop the fireballs he throws.
Thats a fair point, but I'm skeptical about the reasons he's given ( "Kaep has emerged"). Of course, I'm not there in practice, but he just doesn't look good in games to me. Dude should have 3 picks, its just that the DBs drop the fireballs he throws.

Lol he's the #2. you should email the 49ers and Harbaugh with your concerns about the quotes ("Kaep has emerged") that you find skeptical. I'm sure they will take them into account.

He should have one pick, same as Alex. I challenge you to rewatch Kaep in the texans game. The first "pick that the safety dropped" was not as close as it looked. The guy could only get one han on it because it was moving so hot. The second one from that game was a completion to Kyle Williams that the safety couldn't touch because of the zip it had.

The only interception that "should" have been caught was versus the Vikings and even that one wasn't a piece of cake. The corner falls on his attempt to catch it because he has to make a dive/lunge to get in front of it.

Lol he's the #2. you should email the 49ers and Harbaugh with your concerns about the quotes ("Kaep has emerged") that you find skeptical. I'm sure they will take them into account.
You dont even deserve a legit response.....
Originally posted by kush:

He should have one pick, same as Alex. I challenge you to rewatch Kaep in the texans game. The first "pick that the safety dropped" was not as close as it looked. The guy could only get one han on it because it was moving so hot. The second one from that game was a completion to Kyle Williams that the safety couldn't touch because of the zip it had.

The only interception that "should" have been caught was versus the Vikings and even that one wasn't a piece of cake. The corner falls on his attempt to catch it because he has to make a dive/lunge to get in front of it.

Maybe, maybe not. The point is, he makes a lot of throws he shouldn't.

Wouldn't expect a legitimate response from you on this subject...
  • Jiks

Im afraid I disagree. All of those plays could have been successful (hell one of them went for 9 yards) with a bit more savvy use of his eyes. I think 2/3 of those throws went to the correct place anyways. The throw to Jenkins was a tick late and still almost was a completion. The play that Quintin Demps got his hand on the ball should have gone to Moss on the other side of the field (he was wide open on a 7 yard little hitch), but even so Kaep saw the safety trying to make a play on the ball and put extra on it thinking he could get it by him. It's not as if he jsut didnt see the safety. The kid has some balls.

Wouldn't expect a legitimate response from you on this subject...

Shouldn't you be in another thread defending Alex Smith....
Originally posted by kush:

Im afraid I disagree. All of those plays could have been successful (hell one of them went for 9 yards) with a bit more savvy use of his eyes. I think 2/3 of those throws went to the correct place anyways. The throw to Jenkins was a tick late and still almost was a completion. The play that Quintin Demps got his hand on the ball should have gone to Moss on the other side of the field (he was wide open on a 7 yard little hitch), but even so Kaep saw the safety trying to make a play on the ball and put extra on it thinking he could get it by him. It's not as if he jsut didnt see the safety. The kid has some balls.
Sounds like you've really broken down the tape, I haven't. I've watched it twice, but my general sense is that he's forcing the ball. It just doesn't seem like the risk/reward is there. That one play that he threaded the needle to Williams (I think), was a poor decision. It was so close that it looked like the 2 defenders who draped Williams intercepted it. It was a miracle he came up with it. In my opinion, he has JTO written all over him. Spectacular plays followed up with bone headed decisions. We'll see though.
Share 49ersWebzone