LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 426 users in the forums

POLL: Is Colin Kaepernick getting a free pass to No. 2?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

POLL: Is Colin Kaepernick getting a free pass to No. 2?

Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
I'm with you 'cept i got extra butter, and a corn dog
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Sounds like you've really broken down the tape, I haven't. I've watched it twice, but my general sense is that he's forcing the ball. It just doesn't seem like the risk/reward is there. That one play that he threaded the needle to Williams (I think), was a poor decision. It was so close that it looked like the 2 defenders who draped Williams intercepted it. It was a miracle he came up with it. In my opinion, he has JTO written all over him. Spectacular plays followed up with bone headed decisions. We'll see though.

Lol, I've had way too much time on my hands lately. I thought those were really bad throws when i saw them live (and even the first few times I replayed the game) but now you can tell I am not so worried about them.

I thought the same thing about the Williams play at first, but I kinda like it. Colin saw he needed to put extra on it to get it by the defenders and he got it done. Oh god, I see what you mean about JTO but I think Colin is a lot more restrained than that. I guess we'll find out in due time!

Good chatting bro
^

I just have this scenario popped into my head after reading all these pro-Tolzine/ anti-Kaep posts, and there were a lot of them.

...and here it goes: So it seems this whole Tolzine love-fest can get serious and create a QB controversy, outside the locker-room, even outside the stadium, of course, but a controversy none the less. In order to nip this distraction in the bud, JH releases ST and put a stop to the whole thing.

Those ST supporters, they probably make up about 60% of all 49er fans from the sound of it, burn their red and gold jerseys and become Raider fans instead.

Wow!
Originally posted by ayetee:
I just have this scenario popped into my head after reading all these pro-Tolzine/ anti-Kaep posts, and there were a lot of them.

...and here it goes: So it seems this whole Tolzine love-fest can get serious and create a QB controversy, outside the locker-room, even outside the stadium, of course, but a controversy none the less. In order to nip this distraction in the bud, JH releases ST and put a stop to the whole thing.

Those ST supporters, they probably make up about 60% of all 49er fans from the sound of it, burn their red and gold jerseys and become Raider fans instead.

Wow!

we've done that for Alex on a number of occasions (Rattay/Shaun Hill)....what did it do for us as a team? Nothing. Harbaugh is not that type of coach.

Wow!

Do you remember a guy named Nate Davis? He, too, was a 49ers favorite. Everyone loved him and wanted him to get the chance to play. However, where is he now? I think he's out of the league to be honest, but he might be sitting 3rd string somewhere. Thing is, at first the webzone exploded. After a week, his name was gone like the December rain.

IF for some reason Tolzien gets cut, I doubt everyone will abandon ship. He's fighting for a 3rd string spot for a reason. We, as fans, are always just looking for the next best thing. Nothing new. No need to get all overdramatic now.
Originally posted by Afrikan:

Wow!

we've done that for Alex on a number of occasions (Rattay/Shaun Hill)....what did it do for us as a team? Nothing. Harbaugh is not that type of coach.

Kap, watch him replace Smith if he doesn't get it doe, err done..love this coaching staff! In the mean time, get rid of the ball a little quicker plez smith...
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
As much as I think Tolzien is a better quarterback right now...I dont think Tolzien has done enough to unseat Kaepernick as the no.2 QB. And I don't think Kaepernick has been bad enough to get unseated () as the no.2 Qb. If that makes sense.

So I dont think so.
This really is a nonsensical thread in my opinion. I don't think Harbaugh would put Colin at the #2 if he wasn't the best player for the spot. I am not a big fan of Colin's playing style, I prefer a conventional pocket passer especially in the WCO, but Harbaugh has proven to me that he knows qbs. In my opinion Smith will play well enough that Colin will get all the time he needs to develop and grow into a legit NFL qb. Honestly though, he is nowhere near as NFL ready as Smith was coming out of college, and we all know what a piece of work he has been. All I have to say is I hope you younger guys from the generation of instant gratification show more patience than you allowed Smith.
Originally posted by ImaMod:
As much as I think Tolzien is a better quarterback right now...I dont think Tolzien has done enough to unseat Kaepernick as the no.2 QB. And I don't think Kaepernick has been bad enough to get unseated () as the no.2 Qb. If that makes sense.

So I dont think so.

This. No one really separated themselves among the backups through two games.

... and you better be worried about those two near-pick 6 INTs, kush. Particularly the 1st one, which was much closer to being a killer. We have all watched enough football to know that an outstretched hand can tip the ball in such a way to place it right in the stomach or in both hands as the DB heads the other way. Just an example of Ck7 needing to actually look at where he is throwing instead of going first-read only regardless of coverage. But again, before I get called a Ck7 hater for this one criticism... read the first underlined sentence again.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
This really is a nonsensical thread in my opinion. I don't think Harbaugh would put Colin at the #2 if he wasn't the best player for the spot. I am not a big fan of Colin's playing style, I prefer a conventional pocket passer especially in the WCO, but Harbaugh has proven to me that he knows qbs. In my opinion Smith will play well enough that Colin will get all the time he needs to develop and grow into a legit NFL qb. Honestly though, he is nowhere near as NFL ready as Smith was coming out of college, and we all know what a piece of work he has been. All I have to say is I hope you younger guys from the generation of instant gratification show more patience than you allowed Smith.
this is a darn good post. He was named number two by the coach so what more do you want?( I am speaking to just a few who can not give up thier love for scotty). When a coach names a number two and now you got some people who are saying it does not mean anything cuz you can not believe what the coach says to the media, i really think this thing has run its course. Ck is number two, deal with it
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by oldman9er:

... and you better be worried about those two near-pick 6 INTs, kush. Particularly the 1st one, which was much closer to being a killer. We have all watched enough football to know that an outstretched hand can tip the ball in such a way to place it right in the stomach or in both hands as the DB heads the other way. Just an example of Ck7 needing to actually look at where he is throwing instead of going first-read only regardless of coverage. But again, before I get called a Ck7 hater for this one criticism... read the first underlined sentence again.
apparantly the coach has determined that all things that CK is doing wrong can be corrected and his mistakes he has made are not tragic.If he thought different he never would have come out and declared him to have that spot.
Originally posted by cciowa:

apparantly the coach has determined that all things that CK is doing wrong can be corrected and his mistakes he has made are not tragic.If he thought different he never would have come out and declared him to have that spot.

That's fine with me. If Ck7 starts as # 2 and no one separates themselves? Then he should remain the # 2.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
That's fine with me. If Ck7 starts as # 2 and no one separates themselves? Then he should remain the # 2.
yes. i was just trying to get into the head of the coach and figure out his thinking,, kind of a dangerous place to be i guess.. i assume the next two games will be when the other two guys seperate themselves from each other( that sounded a bit odd )?
Why are you all calling this a QB controversy? Its for the backup job! This aint like Joe v Steve!!!!

Share 49ersWebzone