There are 160 users in the forums

POLL: Is Colin Kaepernick getting a free pass to No. 2?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

POLL: Is Colin Kaepernick getting a free pass to No. 2?

Originally posted by cciowa:
can not explain no love for josh! I guess maybe i was not impressed when we played him but of course maybe that was not fair to him as our team was pretty damn good that day!!i know he does some good things, he throws a nice ball, he can run, he knows the system of JH. I guess i just have never been impressed. now i do not see all the games so maybe I am short changing him? i am confusing and scary to figure out. guess that is why my parents always had a two way lock on my door i know there are lots of different opinions out there but as you said, Ck has done well against some of the first team guys, am thinking josh and ST have just faced second and third teams? help me on that one please

Hahaha, you're not confusing and scary, it's just hard to get a read on this QB competition. I thought JJ threw some good balls versus houston, though. Aside from the deep sideline pass to Jenkins he threw two really nice balls over the middle that hit the receivers in stride and allowed them to run after the catch. Plus, while he's familiar with harbaugh as a coach, this offense is actually different from the one he ran at San Diego and so he's the least familiar of the QBs with the offense. I think he's got some nice upside and is a solid backup QB, mainly because of how much trust I harbaugh to take care of his QBs.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kush:
Hahaha, you're not confusing and scary, it's just hard to get a read on this QB competition. I thought JJ threw some good balls versus houston, though. Aside from the deep sideline pass to Jenkins he threw two really nice balls over the middle that hit the receivers in stride and allowed them to run after the catch. Plus, while he's familiar with harbaugh as a coach, this offense is actually different from the one he ran at San Diego and so he's the least familiar of the QBs with the offense. I think he's got some nice upside and is a solid backup QB, mainly because of how much trust I harbaugh to take care of his QBs.
thank you, good points about josh. i always appreciate it when good posters give me something new to think about... kush if josh makes the roster ahead of scott we may see a mushroom cloud erupt in some parts of the web zone i am glad i am in the middle which as you said may be the safest place to be. i just do not want to be nervous if alex gets hurt like i was last year.
Originally posted by cciowa:
thank you, good points about josh. i always appreciate it when good posters give me something new to think about... kush if josh makes the roster ahead of scott we may see a mushroom cloud erupt in some parts of the web zone i am glad i am in the middle which as you said may be the safest place to be. i just do not want to be nervous if alex gets hurt like i was last year.
I 'preciate the kind words iowa

If they keep JJ over ST, you are right, there will be an eruption from round these parts. I wouldn't worry too much about Alex getting injured. If it happens, it happens and as coach says every obstacle can and must be overcome.

Some around these parts were worried about bringing Alex back for harbs' first season. The fact alone that one season with Harbaugh has made Alex an unquestioned starter after being a question mark in others' eyes should give you some confidence in our backup QB situation.
And here's a big round of for Colin Kaepernick winning that #2 QB job

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
that idiot Harbaugh is giving a CK a free pass.
Originally posted by susweel:

Hahahaha this!

I know you probably feel me on this one, but I think this is the last offseason that Kaep is in the bench. This time next year he will be our guy.

Hahahaha this!

I know you probably feel me on this one, but I think this is the last offseason that Kaep is in the bench. This time next year he will be our guy.

In order for me to agree with you, I would have to see SIGNIFICANT improvement from Kaep. Alex may not be a Pro Bowler, but at this point, he commands the offense much better vs. #1s than Kaep does against #2s. I do recognize the raw talents though. I remain hopeful for the future with Kaep, but I haven't seen it consistently enough.

Hahahaha this!

Originally posted by NinerBuff:
In order for me to agree with you, I would have to see SIGNIFICANT improvement from Kaep. Alex may not be a Pro Bowler, but at this point, he commands the offense much better vs. #1s than Kaep does against #2s. I do recognize the raw talents though. I remain hopeful for the future with Kaep, but I haven't seen it consistently enough.

Comsistantly?
Have we even seen flashes yet apart from thY one 78 yard run ?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
good for Ck. He earned the number two spot fair and square. Lets just hold on a bit for those who already have him as our starter for next year ok? Now its onto josh vs scott as to who makes it into the third spot because we pretty much assume they will never keep four.i have no vested interest in either one, i just want the best one to make the team and not feel nervous about someone having to come in for alex like I did last year.

• fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

Hahahaha this!

AS commands the offense much better vs anybody when is not the regular season, I agree, thats typical of him.
hopefully he can play at least 2 full qtrs or more vs coach manning, and see if he's any different from previous yrs.....

and maybe Kap can start the last preseason game, just hoping Tolzien makes the team
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Happy to be spreading some smiles

I'm not here to be popular or win any "I-told-you-so" contests. I'm just here to talk football and call 'em like I see 'em. CK is a rare talent and he has a rare coach leading him. That coach has an unreal record as a talent evaluator of the QB position. Said coach traded up for CK7.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Happy to be spreading some smiles

I'm not here to be popular or win any "I-told-you-so" contests. I'm just here to talk football and call 'em like I see 'em. CK is a rare talent and he has a rare coach leading him. That coach has an unreal record as a talent evaluator of the QB position. Said coach traded up for CK7.
I am glad it is been put to bed. despite what some try to make you believe,, he obviously did the best of the three backups on the roster in practice and in the two games so far. he must have made big time strides for JH to name him second string with still two games left to play so good for him! if he would have failed and been cut we would have had to question the wisdom of the coach and front office and i am glad it never got to that. wonder if he will just ride the bench or maybe the coach will put him in on some trick plays this year to take advantage of what he can do running the ball??
Alex Smith sucks. JT Osullivan for quarterback !!!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i do not really care but am wondering if this thread should be retitled or something since JH has told the world he has the number two job? I think whether or not some think he has a free pass to the number two job is moot, since obviously he has it
Share 49ersWebzone