There are 347 users in the forums

LaMic or Hunter?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

LaMic or Hunter?

Originally posted by darkknight49:
Why not zoidberg?

Only if we're returning to a cut blocking scheme. For as we all know. Who does the cutting around here
[ Edited by Grinner on Aug 19, 2012 at 4:12 PM ]
Originally posted by kush:
Hunter is a top-10 RB, possibly top-5.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:

it is amusing but i think we have to see more than just two pre season games before we can crown the kid. hunter is very good in all aspects of the game, james did not do well in the return game last night and he hurt his ankle. i know there are lots of people wanting a new flavor of the month but it is a little early to start connecting these type of dots.
Originally posted by cciowa:

it is amusing but i think we have to see more than just two pre season games before we can crown the kid. hunter is very good in all aspects of the game, james did not do well in the return game last night and he hurt his ankle. i know there are lots of people wanting a new flavor of the month but it is a little early to start connecting these type of dots.

I've been on this kid since well before he was drafted. I've always felt he was a feature back in the NFL. Just because some people havent seen him before this preseason doesnt mean he hasnt been a beast of a running back for the past 6 years+
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
I wouldn't put McFadden up there until he shows he can do it for a whole season, and I like forte but don't see him as a top five. Ray rice definitely needs to be in there

I like ray rice in there but I think forte is def. worthy of top 5. Mcfadden is injury prone, and you could def. swap ray for him, but he is still at least top ten. I could see hunter maybe sliding in top ten, but idk about top five. Hope he proves me wrong!
Hunter............... It's not even close.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I remember some people wanted to trade Hunter after we drafted lmj.

I dont think this is a far fetched quote, hes got the skills and it looks as if he's improved his strength and his ability to run inside.
The way running backs come and go in the NFL nowadays, who's to say that given 20-25 carries a game he couldnt be a top 10 back?
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Hunter............... It's not even close.

This... Hunter is arguably pushing for equal time with Frank this year. LMJ has some growing and learning to do just yet. But boy am I excited at the prospect of these two as our platoon backfield once Frank winds it down.
frank is still the man but id like to see hunter or jacobs off the bench before james at this point. hunter can start right now and judging by the huge chunks jacobs bit off so far in the preseason he looks pretty damn good too

At this point, there's no contest.Hunter. In fact, he should be pushing Frank for some carries. It would not only extend Frank's longevity, but I truly believe it would improve our offense.

I've been on this kid since well before he was drafted. I've always felt he was a feature back in the NFL. Just because some people havent seen him before this preseason doesnt mean he hasnt been a beast of a running back for the past 6 years+

WTF Hunter hasn't even been in the league 2 years
I like Hunter but since he had two great years and two so-so years in college and two backup years in SF...I suspect a bit of hyperbole is being applied.
Hunter is emerging as the RB of the now and future...but I think Harbaugh's convinced it takes several multi-talented RB's to succeed in the NFL these days. The more looks and capabilities you show, the tougher you make it on the opposing D. It's been some years since we've had two backs like Hunter and James...either can take it to the house. Gore's ability to do that isn't the same now as when he was younger, but he's still a quality RB. Add in the thumper Jacobs, and you present a multi-faceted backfield capable of beating you in many ways.
Share 49ersWebzone