Shop Find 49ers gear online

LaMic or Hunter?

• sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Originally posted by Ether:
Fuk can you guys stop calling him LaMic? WTF does that even mean? How do you even pronounced that? Oregon students call him LaMJ. As in, La-M-J. Easy. Logical. Fuuuuark.

No we don't...

I trust ODN with this one. LaMJ sounds even worse then LaMic or LaMike......

I like James...sounds dignified and is actually his name. No other James on the team so unless you confuse him with a basketball player of some note...

Also agree with this, I usually say James, however no one in my family remembers his name so everyone else calls him "that little speedy guy" lol.

Also to address someone else's post about not being justified in comparing James to Sproles is misguided. I've known about Sproles since he was in high school, I had several friends go to football camps with him during high school and I watched him in college as well and hes been in the NFL for years. Sproles is a between the tackles runner because he is so compact but he is clearly more of an option, screen pass back, just as James is a great between the tackles runner because of his size but just like Sproles he is at his best when you get him in space either by way of pitches or screen passes. James has 3 years with of college tape, yes that is different from the NFL but if you can find some basic comparison in the NFL then you just simply didnt watch James in college.
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Fuk can you guys stop calling him LaMic? WTF does that even mean? How do you even pronounced that? Oregon students call him LaMJ. As in, La-M-J. Easy. Logical. Fuuuuark.

No we don't...

Every Duck I talk to (OSU brah here) calls him LaMJ.
both, we are in an awesome situation. Even if we lose gore our offense wont slow one bit
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
How can we know this? We haven't seen LaMichael play much.

Where have you been? You don't need to see a player play in meaningful games to evaluate him. A lot of people have Andrew Luck in the hall of fame already.
Give LMJ time, once the game slows down for him, I think he can be something special. That said, Hunter is looking great so far.
  • Chico
  • Veteran

No we don't...

You should start a new poll...is it LaMic (for us California boys) or is it LaMJ (for the Oregon boys)? He needs a nickname...

No we don't...

Lol I've honestly never heard anyone call him LaMJ.

LMJ, yeah people say that sometimes. LaMike is his go-to nickname tho.
Hunter by a mile right now.
Hunter could find himself in a position to have a 1000 yd season
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Sadly lmj reminds me of dexter carter.

Originally posted by susweel:

Carter on steroids?
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

Carter on steroids?

Gonna give the dude sometime before i go there.
Originally posted by NinerGold39:
Give LMJ time, once the game slows down for him, I think he can be something special. That said, Hunter is looking great so far.

Agreed.

I don't think they get in each other's way at all. Hunter is an excellent backup for Gore and will spell him in the base running sets.
LMJ is a different player, he is a scat back who operates better in space and seems to do real well with that option play we've been running.

Dexter Carter ran fast in a straight line, with poor lateral quickness. LMJ has supreme lateral quickness. The only thing they have in common is that they both go down easily with contact, but that does not make them the same player.
Share 49ersWebzone