LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

Stock Up or Down? Updated through all 4 games

Shop Find 49ers gear online
STOCK UP/
Konrad Reuland
Kyle Williams
Anthony Dixon (although I think he gets cut due to depth at RB position)
Perrish Cox
Colin Kaepernick (Cannon...the future at QB)
Alex Smith (Just looks very comfortable with the offense)

STOCK DOWN/
Aldon Smith (Bad offseason and an injury) I am hoping there is no sophomore slump. If I had to bet though I think Smith will be fine
Tramaine Brock (awful in coverage) I would rather have a Safety play Corner than him.
Ted Ginn (I live in Columbus, OH and have watched him since his freshman year.....He gets hurt everytime you need him in a big game.
updated through 1st half
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 30, 2012 at 8:31 PM ]
Four athletic QBs who are all progressing! I don't know that any team has had a group of QBs like this...anyone recall?

PS...nice thread Gore21! Have enjoyed following this preseason.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Aug 30, 2012 at 9:30 PM ]
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Four athletic QBs who are all progressing! I don't know that any team has had a group of QBs like this...anyone recall?

the packers did with flynn and rodgers
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

the packers did with flynn and rodgers

That's two...who were the other two?
Most teams don't even have a backup they would want to put in a game We will have 3 legit guys. And thanks dtg... been a fun thread but a lot of work
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 30, 2012 at 9:47 PM ]
Bump... all updated through the 4 games....

General summary of pre-season

Ian Williams got leaner but stronger, Will Tukuafu showing versatility, Colin Kapernick was much more careful with the ball and showed he can be a legit backup and future starter....

Josh johnson, Scott Tolzien both improved and showed they are worthy of keeping although that probably won't be the case. Scott showed great command and leadership, improved arm strength... pretty good accuracy... had some high throws and drops... Josh showed he has everything it takes to succeed but just needs to work on long ball accuracy and accuracy in general

AJ Jenkins showed why he was a 1st round pick... great speed

Great play by UDFAs - Jerod-Eddie, Owusu showed flashes, Palmer at times, Tyms (although cut).... Joe Holland could make PS but Wilhoite a former UDFA I believe played really well so they will fight for that ILB PS position

I feel more comfortable with Spillman and Robinson at backup S then I did before the pre-season but not sure either is future starter

Boone played well at RG... Leonard Davis showed he will be a good backup for us this year and will get lined up in short yardage as extra tackle or even TE

Bakhtiari coming out of nowhere but unfortunate Cam and Darius couldn't compete against him.... he should be able to hold as 4th OLB and we will count on him during the season (needs to be upgraded next year though)

Alex Smith looking comfortable... not afraid to take hits... 1st string Ol looking dominant in run blocking at times, need work in pass pro at times

Moss will contribute more than any of us thought he would... Jacobs also looks somewhat like his old self.

Hunter showed he will be our future (along with James hopefully)

Reuland should be a valuable target at 3rd TE and good blocker

Dobbs showing versatility... Dixon did as well and did probably enough just to hang on by the skin of his teeth.

LMJ looks a bit nervous and shaky... remember he lost like 2-3 weeks due to late graduation along with the stanford guys... he should get more explosive as he gets more comfortable and doesnt have to think as much. He looked decent running, looked best catching balls, definitely showed he should not be an option at PR during the season... he needs time and he will get to sit and learn this year... could be inactive a number of games
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 30, 2012 at 10:44 PM ]
Stock UP:
Ian Williams at NT, it seems like all the DL make strides especially with JS being the leader of the DL. I think he played his way onto the roster last night.
Colin Kaepernick- #2 no questions asked,.
Lemichael James- Big play ability
AJ Jenkins- exciting to watch his speed and he catches the ball with sure hands
Masifilo- after being cut, he came back and played every snap like his career (which it did) depends on it. I think he will be a PS player for sure
Nathan Palmer- I think separated himself from Owusu as the top WR for the PS
Biaktarri- OLB- he will be the number 4 OLB, Cam Johnson will be cut and hopefully clears waivers
Josh Johnson- Darn he looked good, I think his salary will make him cut
Dixon- cemented his roster spot

Stock down
Moses CB- will be cut
Rock Cartwright- Will be cut, as Ian Williams has more long term upside than cartwright. Lemichael James looked good in punt coverage
Konrad Rheuland- while I love the "garbage man" he has sure hands, but he looks like a lot of #3 TE's and lacks YAC, he will make PS for one more season
Owusu- speedy but seemed to be outplayed by Palmer
Brett Swain- our starting WR for the NFC championship game now is 9th on the depth chart, thank goodness

So basically keeping 7 DL, 6 if you count Dobbs as the third TE
6 WR's
RBs cutting cartwright keeping Dixon
Tolzien gets the nod over JJ, only because of salary
Team will keep 9 OL, back ups will be Kilgore, Leonard Davis, Looney, Persons (who will be inactive most games)

Rock Cartw
Share 49ersWebzone