There are 206 users in the forums

Stock Up or Down? Updated through all 4 games

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by cciowa:
i hear our people returning punts and kicks were terrible,, now that is something that bears watching in my opinion in the next two days. we know what we have in ginn but please,, we have to develop some good dependable people behind him, now kyle did have a good first game but sounds like they looked at some other people saturday who were horrid

I would put the depth chart as:

PR: Ginn, Williams, James
KR: Ginn, Williams, Hunter, James

James had one where he ran backwards and lost yards, the other he dropped in the open but it bounced off his foot or something and went out of bounce but we lost like 10 yards because of it. He's not ready.

Ginn really don't think he has even got a chance this pre season. Williams didn't get many opportunities last night. It was Hunter and James. Cox was out but he hasn't got a shot yet either. I really only trust on PR: Ginn and somewhat Williams. On KRs Ginn, Williams or Hunter
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 19, 2012 at 11:56 AM ]
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
If I am correct, Maiocco has Slowey at C along with Kilgore on the 49ers depth chart that was released earlier this week. I never go by NFL.com's roster listings, usually wrong on young new players. I feel Kilgore and Looney make it for sure, comes down to Slowey and Person, Slowey was a OT in college, and Person was a OG If I am correct, but can play OT.

Yes, it is frustrating that they are so off. But I don't pay to use their site, so...

I agree with your assessments. I was never a big fan of Person but really like Kilgore's feisty-ness so hope he makes it. Slowey seems to be one of those small college guys who may be able to make it. Looney was better than his draft position due to injury and I would expect him to make the team, if not be an eventual starter. No experience at center but steller OG. Person played T in college but was listed as an OG when drafted.

Thanks for clarification. I wasn't sure on Person. I think we will be fine in long run, it's now that worries me.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
i hear our people returning punts and kicks were terrible,, now that is something that bears watching in my opinion in the next two days. we know what we have in ginn but please,, we have to develop some good dependable people behind him, now kyle did have a good first game but sounds like they looked at some other people saturday who were horrid

James had one where he ran backwards and lost yards, the other he dropped in the open but it bounced off his foot or something and went out of bounce but we lost like 10 yards because of it. He's not ready.

Ginn really don't think he has even got a chance this pre season. Williams didn't get many opportunities last night. It was Hunter and James. Cox was out but he hasn't got a shot yet either. I really only trust on PR: Ginn and somewhat Williams. On KRs Ginn, Williams or Hunter

I didn't realize Khunt had any special teams reps.
Originally posted by 21SandersMoss84:

Hunter doesnt return punts but he does return kickoffs. I believe it was him and James this game. He returned them last year as well.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 19, 2012 at 12:24 PM ]
Originally posted by 21SandersMoss84:

Originally posted by dtg_9er:
If I am correct, Maiocco has Slowey at C along with Kilgore on the 49ers depth chart that was released earlier this week. I never go by NFL.com's roster listings, usually wrong on young new players. I feel Kilgore and Looney make it for sure, comes down to Slowey and Person, Slowey was a OT in college, and Person was a OG If I am correct, but can play OT.

Yes, it is frustrating that they are so off. But I don't pay to use their site, so...

I agree with your assessments. I was never a big fan of Person but really like Kilgore's feisty-ness so hope he makes it. Slowey seems to be one of those small college guys who may be able to make it. Looney was better than his draft position due to injury and I would expect him to make the team, if not be an eventual starter. No experience at center but steller OG. Person played T in college but was listed as an OG when drafted.

Thanks for clarification. I wasn't sure on Person. I think we will be fine in long run, it's now that worries me.

Yeah Person was a tackle and I'm pretty sure named Mr. All Montana or something for being the best athlete in the state. Seems like Baalkes late round philosophy is to find athletic studs who need developing. Slowey kind of fits that mold as well. Maybe it's a philosophy for versatile backup linemen?

Looks good. If Williams is active of course he would be option. But I think Hunter will be back with Ginn on KRs.
Bump with a few thoughts after the 1st half. But overall I wasn't happy with the burned timeouts, the delay of game (maybe it was the refs), and just overall play of 1st string offense. It's clear we were vanilla and Harbaugh is not a coach who treats the 3rd game like a dress rehearsal. Last year we lost 30-7 and the season turned out fine. We are hiding our weapons and our playbook.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Bump with a few thoughts after the 1st half. But overall I wasn't happy with the burned timeouts, the delay of game (maybe it was the refs), and just overall play of 1st string offense. It's clear we were vanilla and Harbaugh is not a coach who treats the 3rd game like a dress rehearsal. Last year we lost 30-7 and the season turned out fine. We are hiding our weapons and our playbook.
i am ok with your thoughts but there should be some concern for the line play right?
i am ok with your thoughts but there should be some concern for the line play right?
I am a bit but who knows with how we have treated these pre season games. 2nd string OL looking much better this game than last.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 26, 2012 at 3:08 PM ]
stock down: muthaf**kin Brock

Stock Up: Kyle Williams - Looks good at WR, but still nervous at PR.

Stock Down: Tramaine Brock - Been saying it, he sucks, cut him.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Stock Up: Kyle Williams - Looks good at WR, but still nervous at PR.

Stock Down: Tramaine Brock - Been saying it, he sucks, cut him.

doesnt look nervous to me. he made good moves on the returns ive seen. KW just needs to be okay with only getting 5-10 yards and not trying to break one off.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sfout:
doesnt look nervous to me. he made good moves on the returns ive seen. KW just needs to be okay with only getting 5-10 yards and not trying to break one off.
maybe they will rest ginn and give kyle all the duty next weekend. Maybe that will be the make or break week for kyle
Updated... not sure who to put as stock flat... For the most part our team is set. Nobody's stock is really raising up and down that much like it was early on.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 26, 2012 at 5:23 PM ]
Kyle Williams and AJ Jenkins both are going up.
Share 49ersWebzone