There are 239 users in the forums

QB depth chart after 4th preseason game.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by boast:
?

based on what, exactly?

Is solid as Tolzien looked in the pocket, we didn't score when he was in. When CK was in we scored twice.

And I'm not sure if it matters who is best now, I would think the question is can either be better than AS in the future. Cause its Alex's team now.
[ Edited by OldJoe on Aug 10, 2012 at 10:11 PM ]
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
from the sounds of it, CK and ST are in a battle for the #2 spot. I hope we get to see ST before CK next game. JJ's gonna get cut.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Long way to go but as of now if I was the coach I would have Tolzien 3, Johnson cut. Not because he doesn't have potential but with the way our team is set up we can't afford 4 qbs. Then again I wonder why we signed him to a 2 year deal and not a 1 year deal. Hopefully that doesn't play into the decision. No doubt whoever gets cut (assuming we keep 3) should get picked up and make another team's 53. P.S. And being from Wisconsin and a Badger fan having watched him at Wisc even I am not going to get carried away and say he should be the #2 like some. Although, I would say one of these games Tolzien should get to play against 1st or 2nd stringers. Kaepernick should get much more time against 1s and 2s as well.

As of now it should be Tolzein #2, Kaep #3. Physical ability does not supersede instinct, accuracy and football IQ imo.
Originally posted by OldJoe:
Originally posted by boast:
?

based on what, exactly?

Is solid as Tolzien looked in the pocket, we didn't score when he was in. When CK was in we scored twice.

And I'm not sure if it matters who is best now, I would thing the question is can either be better than AS in the future. Cause its Alex's team now.

You do understand that points are not necessarily the name of the game in preseason right? Situational football is.
Tolzien sucks don't know what all the hype is about. He will be cut or put on the practice squad mark my word. Nate Davis JTO all over again with you jackasses.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by FRANKBLANCO415:
Tolzien sucks don't know what all the hype is about. He will be cut or put on the practice squad mark my word. Nate Davis JTO all over again with you jackasses.

didnt tolzien get picked at the vikes 10 yd line or something? i dnt have a preference about him or kap at #2 but if everyone is annointing him #2 after this performance i would say thats a huge red flag. all that work to get picked in the rz is not good.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by teylo31:
didnt tolzien get picked at the vikes 10 yd line or something? i dnt have a preference about him or kap at #2 but if everyone is annointing him #2 after this performance i would say thats a huge red flag. all that work to get picked in the rz is not good.

his arm was hit as he released the ball.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
As of now it should be Tolzein #2, Kaep #3. Physical ability does not supersede instinct, accuracy and football IQ imo.

Maybe after pre season is over but right now I don't think there is enough to go off of to have Tolzien jump him. But like I said I am definitely giving Kap and Tolzien time against 1st and 2s. I'd let Josh do mop up duty. Alex maybe a few series next week, a half the 3rd game and then maybe 1 series the last game.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
his arm was hit as he released the ball.

Yeah, seen it coming a mile away the OL totally got beat. Was it Person? 78 is Person... I know I seen 7

And to Frank you're not going to get far on here by calling people jackasses. And if I were to compare the 3 QBs JTO was a turnover machine. Been watching Tolzien since college and he was always smart with the ball. Nate Davis had a cannon but didn't have it mentally. Scott has a much better football IQ than both and is much smarter with the ball. So I would agree people would be going overboard if they were anointing him already but he has much more potential than both those guys.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 10, 2012 at 10:21 PM ]

• boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by teylo31:

fess up...you weren't paying attention to game when that happened, right?
Originally posted by FRANKBLANCO415:
ur jimmies are rustled, son

• Eeks
  • Veteran
I wish they would call they same plays with CK in there so that we could get a better evaluation. Same with Lamichael James i was looking forward to see how he would look running out of the i formation, but they ran what he ran in college. I think Tolzien is solid but unspectacular, would not look that good against the 1s. CK is better than both backups and prob will end up being better than Alex
Tolzein sucks...GET OVER IT!
I will bet my pink slip, Kap sees the field way more than Tolzien this year. Not because of who looks better in the pocket but because a very creative Greg Roman will find way to use Colin assets in way he can't use Tolzien.

Some of this is so argumentative. s**t, our team looks damn good. Hell, I haven't seen Brandon Jacobs run that hard in a while.

And our QBs seemed so weak going into last year (a mediocre at best Alex and two rooks), I now it feels we are so strong. All good.
Share 49ersWebzone