LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 432 users in the forums

QB depth chart after 4th preseason game.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
musgrave>>>grbac>>>bono>>>young>>>montana
Originally posted by teylo31:
didnt tolzien get picked at the vikes 10 yd line or something? i dnt have a preference about him or kap at #2 but if everyone is annointing him #2 after this performance i would say thats a huge red flag. all that work to get picked in the rz is not good.

He was getting hit as he threw. Could've happened to anyone. I'm not anointing him nor is anyone else, but he deserves a chance based on what we have seen. What I see from Kaepernick is less impressive from an instinct, accuracy,IQ standpoint.
Originally posted by BleedRednGold:
Tolzein sucks...GET OVER IT!
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
that ball he hit palmer with as he took a shot from the safety was nice. face palmer.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
You do understand that points are not necessarily the name of the game in preseason right? Situational football is.

In my book it is always about points. Pre season is more Evaluation? Situation football? Is? Sounds a tad esoteric.
[ Edited by OldJoe on Aug 10, 2012 at 10:24 PM ]
Originally posted by OldJoe:
I will bet my pink slip, Kap sees the field way more than Tolzien this year. Not because of who looks better in the pocket but because a very creative Greg Roman will find way to use Colin assets in way he can't use Tolzien.

Some of this is so argumentative. s**t, our team looks damn good. Hell, I haven't seen Brandon Jacobs run that hard in a while.

And our QBs seemed so weak going into last year (a mediocre at best Alex and two rooks), I now it feels we are so strong. All good.

We are running a west coast offense, not a run and shoot pistol crap. If we run that offense smoothly there will be no need for that trickery stuff like last year.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
that ball he hit palmer with as he took a shot from the safety was nice. face palmer.

Yeah, that's the ultimate sign of a true pocket QB... standing in there and delivering the ball when you know you are going to get rocked. But yeah him and Jenkins (probably just jitters) dropped what 3 balls total?
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
You do understand that points are not necessarily the name of the game in preseason right? Situational football is.

In my book it is always about points. Pre season is more Evaluation? Situation football? Is? Sounds a tad esoteric.

because points really matter in the preseason. cmon now.
Originally posted by boast:
didnt tolzien get picked at the vikes 10 yd line or something? i dnt have a preference about him or kap at #2 but if everyone is annointing him #2 after this performance i would say thats a huge red flag. all that work to get picked in the rz is not good.

fess up...you weren't paying attention to game when that happened, right?
i wasnt watching. i only got to follow on espn gamecast. doesnt that say something about his pocket presence. again im not for kap or tolz at #2 so im not trying to ague with anyone about either but it would really suck if we blew a pick on kap so high. i like a more natural pocket qb like tolz but i just want numerous superbowls in the end of it all so i can tell all my buddies to suck it.
We are running a west coast offense, not a run and shoot pistol crap. If we run that offense smoothly there will be no need for that trickery stuff like last year.

Yeah, but I think that QB option (keeper/hand off) stuff is really starting to catch on in the NFL. Not full time option like college because QBs would get beat up so bad but once in a while it works. Although, I like that Roman is playing to his players' strengths but I'd like to see Kap throw from the pocket more. He can't roll him out every play or do keepers every time if we think he could be a future starter.

i wasnt watching. i only got to follow on espn gamecast. doesnt that say something about his pocket presence. again im not for kap or tolz at #2 so im not trying to ague with anyone about either but it would really suck if we blew a pick on kap so high. i like a more natural pocket qb like tolz but i just want numerous superbowls in the end of it all so i can tell all my buddies to suck it.

An undrafted QB giving a 2nd round pick a run for his money. There's your red flag.

Is Roman running the Pistol? He called an option that went for 78 and TD ... I don't see the bad in that. And have you even seen the Pistol to recognize it?

WCO is a passing scheme we are a running team now. Under Alex tonight, we ran 3 times as much as we pass today. This is not Walsh/Montana WCO.

Being from Wisconsin frustratingly watched for years following game centers (before streams and game rewind came along) and it does a great job... I still check them for stats and stuff during and after games but let me tell you following on that never put me in a good position to form educated options on players. You get the jist of it but you miss so much. If you need a stream to watch it online it isn't the best but go here:
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/104660-guide-watching-niner-games-internet/page237/

This way you can watch at least. Check the 1st post on that page. I spent probably 7 years following on game centers because that's all we had minus the occasional game on tv and I just encourage anyone that uses that form only to find a way to watch the game. With today's internet no reason not to if you want to.

P.S. the game is being replayed on NFLN (link to stream that channel on that 1st link) if you want to watch it again. It starts at 1 CT so 11 PT (23 minutes).
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 10, 2012 at 10:37 PM ]

An undrafted QB giving a 2nd round pick a run for his money. There's your red flag.

that too.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

Is Roman running the Pistol? He called an option that went for 78 and TD ... I don't see the bad in that. And have you even seen the Pistol to recognize it?

WCO is a passing scheme we are a running team now. Under Alex tonight, we ran 3 times as much as we pass today. This is not Walsh/Montana WCO.

what part of "vanilla offense in a preseason game against a team we play in wk 3" don't you understand?
Share 49ersWebzone