There are 238 users in the forums

QB depth chart after 4th preseason game.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by oldman9er:
+ 1

The RDE put a wicked inside spin move on Person and hit Tolzien as he threw the ball. There was really nothing Tolzien could do or did wrong there. The hit was in under 3 seconds and there was no hesitation or slow release to blame the QB on.

He was looking for Owusu. Could have been a TD. Tolzien had 2 good drives.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I think this guy can convert 3rd and 7 and 3rd and 10 from the pocket. And we don't have anybody else like that right now.

lets not get carried away this is the same crap we went through nate davis

he was great and clearly is the 2nd best qb but we have to keep in mind he played the 3rd team defense of an already weak secondary ( one of the worst secondaries in nfl as their best CB didnt play)

I knew u were gonna come up with this bs.
, dont forget Tolzien was protected by 3rd team OL and had PS wr's. and still delivered
Originally posted by fly15:
, dont forget Tolzien was protected by 3rd team OL and had PS wr's. and still delivered

What exactly did he deliver in this preseason game?
Although I want to see more of Johnson, it looks to me like Tolzien is more of a #2 than a PS guy. I'm still not sold on Kap.
How many points did tolzien put up yesterday against 3rd string practice squad players? He put up the big zero. While Alex led the offense to 7points against the 1st team D. And CK7 led them to 10points against 1st/2nd string D. I would be deeply surprised if tolzien makes the team. He has the best accuracy on the team. But the is absolutley it...
  • THEB
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersHeroine:
How many points did tolzien put up yesterday against 3rd string practice squad players? He put up the big zero. While Alex led the offense to 7points against the 1st team D. And CK7 led them to 10points against 1st/2nd string D. I would be deeply surprised if tolzien makes the team. He has the best accuracy on the team. But the is absolutley it...

Get real. Kaep got a lucky once in a million run that will probably never happen in a regular season game.
Originally posted by BleedRednGold:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
was it ever said why Scott got the call before Johnson?

all we heard from the media is that Johnson was ahead of Scott and was heading to pass up Kaep.

but when the real deal happened, there was Scott coming in during 3rd QTR.

it just seems like Harbaugh goes based off who was here, and if you do better you'll move up. Like, although Dixon did well last preseason, Hunter did better. Scott was here before Johnson and must've played well enough in practice to stay in the same order.

Or maybe johnson just sucks

How does he suck when he only threw he ball 4 times?? And didn't be have the longest completion of the night? Thought so.

Because he was listed as the #4 QB behind Alex Smith, Kaepernick and Scott Tolzien....Not all exactly household names. Plus Johnson has a lot of expereince in JH's offense and still, after OTAs and training camp, was listed as #4. He has a tough climb ahead of him.

What else would you call a #4 QB?
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Because he was listed as the #4 QB behind Alex Smith, Kaepernick and Scott Tolzien....Not all exactly household names. Plus Johnson has a lot of expereince in JH's offense and still, after OTAs and training camp, was listed as #4. He has a tough climb ahead of him.

What else would you call a #4 QB?

I think Josh Johnson said it wasn't really all that similar, actually and that he had a ways to go before getting Greg Roman's playbook down.
I think this guy can convert 3rd and 7 and 3rd and 10 from the pocket. And we don't have anybody else like that right now.

he was great and clearly is the 2nd best qb but we have to keep in mind he played the 3rd team defense of an already weak secondary ( one of the worst secondaries in nfl as their best CB didnt play)

Yeah all those TDs he scored against the 3rd string defense were amazing considering the scrubs he was working with.

Originally posted by Jakemall:

Yeah all those TDs he scored against the 3rd string defense were amazing considering the scrubs he was working with.

this is the post i said directly after that
like i said previouslly its easy to look real when you play 3rd team offesne against a bad secondary when teams dont gameplan for you

kolb had 2 300 yard games first time he played

troy smith had a 400 game 2 years ago

we said the same exact thing about shaun hill

when teams gameplan against you its a complete different game

all im saying is he is definitally capable of coming in once in a while when we need him but being a full time starter is completely different
  • dj43
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Thank you. The throw was headed to the space Owuso appeared to be breaking into between the safeties, or it might have been to Dobbs, although that would have been a great catch if he made it. Still, Tolzien made the correct read and was attempting to get the ball out on time. The over-and-under set up by the receivers shows good play design that puts a lot of pressure on the LBs to drop and the safeties to make the correct adjustment. In this case, Owuso has beaten the left safety to the inside and the right safety appears to have committed to help the LB underneath. It looks like an accurate throw nets a TD to Owuso. I like the way Roman/Harbaugh set this up. We will see it again. Good stuff!
got my answer, thankx qnnhan7

do you have the NFL Replay thing? with coach cam stuff...I couldn't find that good of a view anywhere else.
1. Alex

2. Kaepernick (only because we have such a high draft pick invested in him. He needs more time to develop)

3. Tolzien (2nd best qb on the roster right now)

4. Johnson (don't see him making the team)
[ Edited by monsterzero789 on Aug 11, 2012 at 5:02 PM ]
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
1. Alex

2. Kaepernick (only because we have such a high draft pick invested in him. He needs more time to develop)

3. Tolzien (2nd best qb on the roster right now)

4. Johnson (don't see him making the team)

I hope you see your flawed logic above. If tolzien is the 2nd best qb on the team, draft status should not matter. He should be #2. Remember when other low draft picks beat out high draft picks to start??

Brady > made Bledsoe a back uip
Kurt Warner> got starting job by injury never looked back
Gus Ferrotte- started over Heath Schuler although Heath was a high pick.

I just watched the tape again, you get a different feel from Tolzien. He is reading the defesnes better, he makes reads and throws the receiver open. When Jed York was telling us that Baalke wanted Tolzien and was pissed when they did not get him, you now know Baalke knows what he is doing.
Share 49ersWebzone