There are 222 users in the forums

Dixon lobbies for a new position

Shop Find 49ers gear online
and of course the haters (who really have no reason to hate..lol} ignore is all around good game tonight....he had a nice run, pass blocked great on a number of occaisions, and converted a 4th down run when he was met by 2 defenders behind the line of scrimmage....and converted a 3rd down, by make a nice catch out of the back field. but go ahead and hate for what ever reason...even if jacobs got injured, dixon still out played cartwright who didn't do much tonight.
First i'ld say that is a defeatist attitude but maybe reality has sunk in and playing for a winner at any role is better than being average on a St. Louis type team.

Michael Robinson comes to mind
no, I think he is just very confident in himself...if you saw a recent interview he did, he said that if it doesn't work out over here, he confident he'll make it work out somewhere else.

you don't see what he did today too often. He really stepped his all around game up. So I doubt he'd have any ill will to our team or FO, because their decisions made him a better overall player. If it doesn't work out over here, I think he'll make another team...like say Green Bay(WCO) and back up John Kuhn. He can be back there to help protect Rodgers, and go out for a pass if need be....and his agility (or as some still refer to him as dancing) can come in hand if they spread teams out and call draws to him.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Aug 18, 2012 at 11:27 PM ]
depending on how serious jacobs injury is he may still have a spot on this team. he hasnt looked too bad this preseason
You know Big Dix got happy after Jacobs messed up.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
depending on how serious jacobs injury is he may still have a spot on this team. he hasnt looked too bad this preseason

He still can't pick up those third and shorts when we need him to. 3rd and 1 last night and he's still side stepping getting hit for no gain. Hunter comes in on 4th and 1 and lowers the shoulder and drives the feet. That's how you do it, Boobie.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:

He still can't pick up those third and shorts when we need him to. 3rd and 1 last night and he's still side stepping getting hit for no gain. Hunter comes in on 4th and 1 and lowers the shoulder and drives the feet. That's how you do it, Boobie.
you don't know what you are talking about...watch the game again with your hater shades off. Stop looking at one negative play, which the other team got penetration, and look at all the other 1st down conversions.
Originally posted by Afrikan:

you don't know what you are talking about...watch the game again with your hater shades off. Stop looking at one negative play, which the other team got penetration, and look at all the other 1st down conversions.

I'm watching the game. He got hit as he was trying to sidestep, like usual. He's horrible in short yardage situations

I'm watching the game. He got hit as he was trying to sidestep, like usual. He's horrible in short yardage situations
why did he have sidestep???

also, its very telling that you also ignore his other short yard conversion as soon as Jacobs had to leave the game.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Aug 19, 2012 at 11:27 AM ]

also, its very telling that you also ignore his other short yard conversion as soon as Jacobs had to leave the game.

I don't know why he decided to sidestep, it's something his critics ask all the time. But he did, and I believe it was Cushing who hit him in the middle of it. You don't have forward momentum when you are sidestepping. Not going to fall forward. I specifically used that play as an example because: A) it was against mostly if not all starters. B) Showed off his horrible happy feet and unwillingness to hit the hole hard on most occasions C) Hunter comes in on the very next play and shows how to get it done. Hit the hole hard, drive your shoulders and legs. I really don't know how else to put it. But please explain better to me how his 5 carries for 12 yards last night shows he can pick up yards when we need him to

you seem really mad about a marginal player. We should all want him gone because he isn't as good as other options. If Jacobs is out for the year I would prefer to sign another FA who can run with more power in those short yardage situations. If not then Dix is going to be the best option. He is not a great player.
[ Edited by dtcomposer on Aug 19, 2012 at 11:42 AM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Yeah, we really need a true powerback. Dixon isn't really a powerback. He has a powerback body but his attitude and instincts are that of a scatback. I just found out that Jacobs holds the record for New York Giant's TD's - if that site was correct. It makes sense how good a short yardage back he is with that TD record.

Giedi
some overstate the value of power backs...power backs still need momentum to hit a hole...most of our troubles are because defenders get into the backfield. A power back still needs to be agile to get past defenders that penetrate the LOS, and Dixon showed on that first short yard conversion that he can do that. Jacobs has also been stuffed behind the LOS.

if our issues were not allowing defenders to get in the backfield on short down situations, we wouldn't need power back in the first place because Gore, Hunter etc could pick up those types of yards.

The reason i'd rather keep Dixon is because he has showed that he doesn't dance like some cliam....he hasn't danced on a consistent basis since his first season. He is big, he is agile, and he is very versatile. While some haven't been paying attention to the games while watching them, he has had a fine preseason showing all of this. If he doesn't make this team, because of a #s game, he'll make another one and contribute.

what's also funny is that the same people who bash Dixon's supposed sucky play, don't have a clue of Cartwright's performance yesterday.

you people need to rewatch the game, notice whenever Dixon is on the field and count how often he makes a play (running, block, pass blocking, catching, converting 1s downs), compared to how often you feel he doesn't. It is drastically tilted in Dixon's favor this preseason.
Anthony Dixon is averaging 3.4 YPC
Bruce Lee never carried a gun

And Bill Ring never danced

Share 49ersWebzone