There are 260 users in the forums

Dixon lobbies for a new position

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • rserda
  • Veteran
Dude is as good as cut
Originally posted by Nes49:
Do we have a backup Fullback?

Not at this point. But we kept Norris on, using up a roster spot on a worthless player, all of last year (even though he was injured most of the year).

Dixon is much more valuable to this team, even if he never takes a snap at FB, than Norris has been since 2006. Plus I think he would take snaps at FB (and do well).
Hope he gets a chance and opportunity elsewhere....his favorite team as a kid was San Fran, he was always a homer....

Good thing our backfield is so highly regarded he will find work elsewhere...and quickly too.

I wonder if we can at least get a pick for him , maybe a 6th rounder?
[ Edited by ninerlifer on Aug 5, 2012 at 5:09 PM ]
He will be a Seahawk soon
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
He will be a Seahawk soon

this
so much hate for Dixon here...haha.

he gets slammed just because he asks to be more versatile? "who does he think he is, we already have a full back!!!! >:( " haha...s**t is sad.

look he is just trying to make himself more valuable to the team anyway he can...if that means showing that he can help out at fullback, then that is perfect...because you never know how the season goes.

if he can fill in for Miller...fill in for certain plays designed for Walker (they are about the same size)....and come in at RB when needed.... and of course continue his SP play....then he will earn himself a spot on this team....or at least for sure earn himself a spot on another team.

sure, he needs to show that he can hit the hole and get a couple of yards on 3rd and short situations....if that is what the team asks from him.

if Dixon and Brandon both play to their best...Dixon would get the spot, based on versatility...if Dixon and Brandon look the same or average...then again Dixon would get the spot of Jacobs. If Brandon out plays Dixon...then Dixon looks bad in other areas...then he doesn't deserve to be on the team.
Dixon cost us the NFCC game by not hitting the hole on 3rd and short. He makes that, no Kyle Williams to f**k up.
Originally posted by Chief:
Originally posted by fly15:
he's gonna get cut

yup, he knows and so do we.

At least he is doing something about it.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Dixon cost us the NFCC game by not hitting the hole on 3rd and short. He makes that, no Kyle Williams to f**k up.

Williams had already f**ked up twice before that but I understand. Not picking up that 3rd down is completely inexcusable for somebody of his size

Originally posted by fly15:
he's gonna get cut

My thoughts exactly.
Originally posted by Fricker:
Try at fullback?? Team isnt going to keep 2 fullbacks this year with all the WRs and RBs we have.. and the fullback position is locked down by this guy

Pretty Sharp Jersey
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
yes. another one of those little things in that game.. plus having justin smith in there to block was a disaster area
Originally posted by cciowa:
yes. another one of those little things in that game.. plus having justin smith in there to block was a disaster area

yeah, I don't like when teams try to get too cute during very important situations in a game. It is not needed...go out there with your normal s**t and make it happen.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Aug 6, 2012 at 10:04 AM ]
First, everyone saying Dixon will get cut makes me believe he probably won't....hehe. ;)

Second, was that 3rd down play simply a missed conversion or was there possibly a long TD there?
Share 49ersWebzone