LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 240 users in the forums

Vernon Davis: TO's way won't work!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Vernon is a football player, he takes as much pride in his blocking (maybe more so) as his pass receiving. His game has evolved where winning and the team are the major focus. T.O.? His time has passed and nothing he can do will change that. The door to the NFL has closed and his only PR these days are lack of child support payments. If he had an outlook as Vernon's he may have had another shot.
Good, f**k TO. Dude is a giant dumbass who pissed away all the money and talent in the world. I'm glad Vernon knows what's up. TO f**ked this team over.
hopefully vernon and patrick will be niners for life! really makes me happy to know vernon isnt the diva type!
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Weak, cheap shot.

Owens has earned any cheap shots he gets.
Good riddance to the scumbag TO.

To all the clones who keep supporting this deadbeat-dad, scumbag. If he is such an asset WHY have all 32 team said, "Just say No to TO".

It's all about winning and not one team feels they can win w/TO. If they did - he'd be on their team.

GO VD - you're on the way to lots of success.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Good riddance to the scumbag TO.

To all the clones who keep supporting this deadbeat-dad, scumbag. If he is such an asset WHY have all 32 team said, "Just say No to TO".

It's all about winning and not one team feels they can win w/TO. If they did - he'd be on their team.

GO VD - you're on the way to lots of success.
he is like 38 or 39 and off ACL injury

there is no denying he was a great WR - just a lot of baggage
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Weak, cheap shot.

Owens has earned any cheap shots he gets.

he was in his prime when he dissed us ,he forced a trade that netted us a 4th round pick and a banged up DE ...not exactly equal compensation for one of the games best WR's ...he can only dream of being a part of this powerful and improving 49ers squad

I hope he watches the 49ers games this year and realizes how badly he F*cked up, if he could have kept his ego in check and was some sort of positive influence, he could have easily found some work as a #3 WR ...but everyone is tired of his s**t, he made his bed , let him sleep in it
if he matures he would be a great WR mentor

he fits the stereotypical WCO WR to a tee
Originally posted by susweel:
mad props to Davis to becoming the player we thought he would be when he was drafted.

Agreed. I had some doubts about him after his third season and I'm glad that I was wrong.
[ Edited by 9erfanAUS on Jul 28, 2012 at 11:38 AM ]
So we are allowed to say f**k you to our former players. But if I said f**k YOu to the cowards behind their keyboards, i would be in the wrong I'm guessing.

Originally posted by Afrikan:
So we are allowed to say f**k you to our former players. But if I said f**k YOu to the cowards behind their keyboards, i would be in the wrong I'm guessing.

Not into internet bashing of players im guessing. Or is there a line that some posters cross that ticks you off?
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
if he matures he would be a great WR mentor

he fits the stereotypical WCO WR to a tee
agree that he is supremely talented unfortunately he is an immature,spoiled petulant ass that at 38 years of age still doesn't get it and unfortunately imo won't get it at 38. wouldn't let him mentor my dogs,however might sign him on a cheap flyer to play football.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
I think he needs to build up some of his on field credentials before he comments on TO.

The fact that he's kicking TO when he's down is actually a little telling to me...
  • kray28
  • Veteran

Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
he was in his prime when he dissed us ,he forced a trade that netted us a 4th round pick and a banged up DE ...not exactly equal compensation for one of the games best WR's ...he can only dream of being a part of this powerful and improving 49ers squad

I hope he watches the 49ers games this year and realizes how badly he F*cked up, if he could have kept his ego in check and was some sort of positive influence, he could have easily found some work as a #3 WR ...but everyone is tired of his s**t, he made his bed , let him sleep in it

This would be a total revisionist re-telling (aka bald faced lie) of what actually happened. He did not "force a trade". The 49ers willfully chose to not resign or extend him...and he was set to become a free agent. Only his agent did not file the paperwork in time. The 49ers then tried to take advantage of this technicality and traded TO to the Ravens against his will. That was when TO got upset, and got the NFL to stop what happened.
Originally posted by kray28:
I think he needs to build up some of his on field credentials before he comments on TO.

The fact that he's kicking TO when he's down is actually a little telling to me...

Article doesn't state if Vernon went out of his way to criticize Owens or if the reporter questioned him about it. If he was asked then he's just giving his honest opinion.
Share 49ersWebzone