There are 260 users in the forums

Vernon Davis: TO's way won't work!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
TO was an amazing player however when you hear his name what really comes to mind? You think selfishness, cockiness, the crazy drama he created, and the bridges he burned. Vernon may have had his moments but what comes to mind when I hear his name is a humble guy with loads of talent and a good heart. I know nothing about either other than what I have seen on TV, or read somewhere, but that is my impression of both.

I like Vernon a lot and think he has more loyalty to this team than TO ever did. Just has a better aura about him and I don't blame him if he doesn't want to end up like TO. (who would?)
[ Edited by BayArea on Jul 28, 2012 at 10:48 PM ]
Originally posted by kray28:
I think he needs to build up some of his on field credentials before he comments on TO.

The fact that he's kicking TO when he's down is actually a little telling to me...

His on field credentials are just fine if you ask me. I don't understand what that has to do with making those comments anyway. TO was a doucher and everyone knows it.
Originally posted by zomg_its_ryan:
Originally posted by kray28:
I think he needs to build up some of his on field credentials before he comments on TO.

The fact that he's kicking TO when he's down is actually a little telling to me...

His on field credentials are just fine if you ask me. I don't understand what that has to do with making those comments anyway. TO was a doucher and everyone knows it.
Vernon was quoted only 2 times in this article...the rest are comments and opinions of the writer. It seemed to have worked on you and other readers.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
I see a couple of quotes coming from Vernon Davis there....the rest seems like the writer is putting words in Vernon's mouth, and the writer is using those few quotes to give credit to his opinion about everything that has happened. I don't really like journalism like this, but hey most will just read it and believe Vernon said all of those things NOT in quotation marks.

Its easy to slam a person when they are down, all T.O. can do is continue to work hard and see what happens.

This x 1000

It's not like VD went on a rant about T.O. He was asked a question about T.O., and he answered it in two short sentences. Chadiha then proceeds to write an entire article about it, when the actual interview really had nothing to do with T.O. at all. Similar situation with the Alex Smith - Cam Newton fiasco. When Alex said what he did, the local media didn't blink, but the national press jumped all over it to start a controversy that wasn't there.

I really despise this type of journalism. The writer is trying to take a cheap shot at T.O., and is using VD to do it.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Jul 29, 2012 at 7:47 PM ]
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Weak, cheap shot.

Owens has earned any cheap shots he gets.

Yup. TO is the king of cheap shots. He's called out every QB who has thrown him the ball.

The Catch II went to his head.
TO could have made a much better image of himself by learning a little humility instead he chose the route he did and will be remembered as the tool of a jackass he is instead of the great player he was...no one to blame there but himself. I for one, have absolutely no sympathy for him, he turned from the Forty-Niner way.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
TO could have made a much better image of himself by learning a little humility instead he chose the route he did and will be remembered as the tool of a jackass he is instead of the great player he was...no one to blame there but himself. I for one, have absolutely no sympathy for him, he turned from the Forty-Niner way.

well, that's a jack ass thing to say. I disagree with you personally insulting one of our former players as tool of a jackass. lol..I'm sure he doesn't care for your sympathy...or lack of.
TO is a hallf of famer

yet he cannot retire with a team considering he left on bad terms pretty much everywhere
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
TO is a hallf of famer

yet he cannot retire with a team considering he left on bad terms pretty much everywhere

I don't think he really left on bad terms over here....he just exercised his rights a free agent, after the team tried to trade him. Most of the stuff he was saying, while with the team, was echoed on 9er forums for a while. Our non-killer instinct offense. Most of the trouble his mouth caused really happened after he left here. The one thing he deserves criticism for was falling for the bait on that Garcia question. But again, he and Jeff weren't 9ers when it happened.

He didn't leave on bad terms with the Cowboys...heck Jerry Jones still wanted him back..as well as told him he would be brought back....but Jerry had to choose between his son and T.O. His son wanted to put full support and confidence with Tony Romo, who had his problems with T.O. at the end. Jerry Jones still vouches for T.O. I mean sure you can say, well its telling about his true feelings because he hasn't brought him back...but the fact that Jerry still openly vouches for T.O. especially during Terrell's lowest point in his career, is still something. If Romo is not there (and he might not be there next year) I can see Jerry bringing T.O. back, even at 39 years of age.

And he left on good terms with the Bills, there were no public problems, and from reading comments on youtube, Bills fans still think highly of him. And he left the Bengals (who are starting fresh on offense with a young QB and receiver) on fine terms. Owens played well for both the Bills and Bengals, even at his age.

the only team where he left on bad terms were, was probably the Eagles. His fault or not, he got himself suspended from the team for the year...which hurt the team. He then quickly joined, of all teams, the Cowboys and burnt the Eagles of the course of time...as well as taunted the fans and organization.

important observation, I'm sure some never noticed, but Terrell has never celebrated (in T.O. fashion) a TD verses the 9ers. And he has burnt us alot on the field. No taunting, no true original T.O. celebrations...which he was still doing when playing for the Eagles and Cowboys. This was all happening when he had new found success, while we were not at our best. I don't think anyone can honestly say it was a coincidence.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Jul 30, 2012 at 6:02 AM ]

c/s

well, that's a jack ass thing to say. I disagree with you personally insulting one of our former players as tool of a jackass. lol..I'm sure he doesn't care for your sympathy...or lack of.

Who is more of a jackass? The jackass or the jackass that idolizes him?

I stand with what I said, it is the truth whether you agree with it or not. TO's problem is one he created, he has no one but himself to blame for how he is perceived. I can't believe you'd defend him just because he is an ex Niner even after all the s**t he has done to prove to the world what a shallow self centered piece of human waste he is. Please explain to me how a multi millionaire can be facing jailtime for unpaid child support? Do you condone such behavior? Does the fact that he once wore a Niner jersey give him absolution from being a cancerous growth on the backside of society? Please enlighten me as to why you jump to the defense of such a person. Please don't say it is just because of his years as a Niner. If that is the case, you have your priorities really screwed up my friend...
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
TO is a hallf of famer

Never thought about TO enough to think of this, but yeah, pretty sad situation. He wanted to win a SB with his talent and tried to go to a team that best gave him a chance. He was never a question mark on the field. But he was a different animal altogether off it and it affected his teammates negatively by it.
I see a couple of quotes coming from Vernon Davis there....the rest seems like the writer is putting words in Vernon's mouth, and the writer is using those few quotes to give credit to his opinion about everything that has happened.

I would tend to agree. As much as I dislike T.O., I know that Vernon would never go out of his way to slam the man. That's cheap. It's low. That isn't what Vernon intended to do. It was the mindset of the writer. He used Vernon's quotes to twist his own story.

Vernon is a class act. Class acts like Vernon don't openly slam former players, as much as they may deserve it.

He probably cringed when he read this.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Yup. TO is the king of cheap shots. He's called out every QB who has thrown him the ball.

The Catch II went to his head.
add to the fact that moch was impotent on how to handle him, rice and young quit and he became T.O f**k him. i have erased all memories of owens in a niner uniforum. i know that is against the law to do that in some quarters but it is rather easy for me to do it
Share 49ersWebzone