There are 152 users in the forums

Vernon Davis: TO's way won't work!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
every teams PR department coaches the players on how to speak to the media, and TO breaks every rule.

Ya it maybe it's overblown, but that's exactly why you don't do what he does...

Ya TO has a right to speak his mind, and maybe he's correct in what he says, but don't forget that the fans and media also has the right to react.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
I see a couple of quotes coming from Vernon Davis there....the rest seems like the writer is putting words in Vernon's mouth, and the writer is using those few quotes to give credit to his opinion about everything that has happened.

I would tend to agree. As much as I dislike T.O., I know that Vernon would never go out of his way to slam the man. That's cheap. It's low. That isn't what Vernon intended to do. It was the mindset of the writer. He used Vernon's quotes to twist his own story.

Vernon is a class act. Class acts like Vernon don't openly slam former players, as much as they may deserve it.

He probably cringed when he read this.

You are right, the term for what transpired is Yellow Journalism, unfortunately a tool of many of the tools we get our news from.
maturity
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
TO could have made a much better image of himself by learning a little humility instead he chose the route he did and will be remembered as the tool of a jackass he is instead of the great player he was...no one to blame there but himself. I for one, have absolutely no sympathy for him, he turned from the Forty-Niner way.

well, that's a jack ass thing to say. I disagree with you personally insulting one of our former players as tool of a jackass. lol..I'm sure he doesn't care for your sympathy...or lack of.

Who is more of a jackass? The jackass or the jackass that idolizes him?

I stand with what I said, it is the truth whether you agree with it or not. TO's problem is one he created, he has no one but himself to blame for how he is perceived. I can't believe you'd defend him just because he is an ex Niner even after all the s**t he has done to prove to the world what a shallow self centered piece of human waste he is. Please explain to me how a multi millionaire can be facing jailtime for unpaid child support? Do you condone such behavior? Does the fact that he once wore a Niner jersey give him absolution from being a cancerous growth on the backside of society? Please enlighten me as to why you jump to the defense of such a person. Please don't say it is just because of his years as a Niner. If that is the case, you have your priorities really screwed up my friend...

who says I idolize him? but what ever I should've known how this conversion would go with certain posters..its either or. Either you show full/blind support someone on the team, or you are a hater...Either you agree he is a jackass or you apparently idolize him.

T.O. has never been arrested. Yet fans and media for a long time have treated him as such a bad guy compared and used words like "Cancer" to describe him, when there were many other players around the league and/or former 9ers who were s**tty individuals, or made s**tty decisions.

but as soon as he comes close to getting in any hint of trouble, the media and fans who hate the guy finally feel they a have legit reasons to do so and go even further.

If T.O. was close to going to jail for any other reason, that made him a threat to society, then I can see where you are coming from. But I feel the rules in this country about child support and how some baby "mothers" can use the system...are imo, so inconsistent that it goes by a case by case scenaro...before labling someone a deadbeat baby daddy. The good thing about this, at least for me, this s**t has cautioned me so much in my life, that I've been very careful not getting myself in some b******t. Sure the father of the child very much so takes blame in all situations....but there are other real life bs things that the *mothers* can do to make sure they get pregnant for their own selfish reasons. But again this can just come off as a TObabydaddyexcuse. But I've seen some bull s**t in real life that doesn't allow me to judge someone right away regarding these issues.

Can I ask you a question, who is more of a (in your words) "cancerous growth on the backside of society" and has proven "to the world what a shallow self centered piece of human waste he is".

Terrell Owens or Jeff Garcia?
[ Edited by Afrikan on Jul 30, 2012 at 10:53 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
who says I idolize him? but what ever I should've known how this conversion would go with certain posters..its either or. Either you show full/blind support someone on the team, or you are a hater...Either you agree he is a jackass or you apparently idolize him.

T.O. has never been arrested. Yet fans and media for a long time have treated him as such a bad guy compared and used words like "Cancer" to describe him, when there were many other players around the league and/or former 9ers who were s**tty individuals, or made s**tty decisions.

but as soon as he comes close to getting in any hint of trouble, the media and fans who hate the guy finally feel they a have legit reasons to do so and go even further.

If T.O. was close to going to jail for any other reason, that made him a threat to society, then I can see where you are coming from. But I feel the rules in this country about child support and how some baby "mothers" can use the system...are imo, so inconsistent that it goes by a case by case scenaro...before labling someone a deadbeat baby daddy. The good thing about this, at least for me, this s**t has cautioned me so much in my life, that I've been very careful not getting myself in some b******t. Sure the father of the child very much so takes blame in all situations....but there are other real life bs things that the *mothers* can do to make sure they get pregnant for their own selfish reasons. But again this can just come off as a TObabydaddyexcuse. But I've seen some bull s**t in real life that doesn't allow me to judge someone right away regarding these issues.

Can I ask you a question, who is more of a (in your words) "cancerous growth on the backside of society" and has proven "to the world what a shallow self centered piece of human waste he is".

owens of course. that would make a good question for alex on jepordy.I must have missed something, when did garcia ever throw any of his team mates under the bus? the only thing you can accuse garcia of is probably not having the mental toughness to deal with the montana, young shadow. I am not asking that in a mean way either afrikan. I feel there is way to much of posters calling posters out here on the zone in the last year since i rejoined. when i joined in 2005 it was like a big family, now its kind of like animal house at times., I regress
Originally posted by cciowa:
owens of course. that would make a good question for alex on jepordy.I must have missed something, when did garcia ever throw any of his team mates under the bus? the only thing you can accuse garcia of is probably not having the mental toughness to deal with the montana, young shadow. I am not asking that in a mean way either afrikan. I feel there is way to much of posters calling posters out here on the zone in the last year since i rejoined. when i joined in 2005 it was like a big family, now its kind of like animal house at times., I regress
well, I'll let memphis respond first before giving my opinion...but I'd just ask you to re-read the descriptions he used and what he is using it for. But like i said, let him respond first.
TO could have made a much better image of himself by learning a little humility instead he chose the route he did and will be remembered as the tool of a jackass he is instead of the great player he was...no one to blame there but himself. I for one, have absolutely no sympathy for him, he turned from the Forty-Niner way.

well, that's a jack ass thing to say. I disagree with you personally insulting one of our former players as tool of a jackass. lol..I'm sure he doesn't care for your sympathy...or lack of.

I stand with what I said, it is the truth whether you agree with it or not. TO's problem is one he created, he has no one but himself to blame for how he is perceived. I can't believe you'd defend him just because he is an ex Niner even after all the s**t he has done to prove to the world what a shallow self centered piece of human waste he is. Please explain to me how a multi millionaire can be facing jailtime for unpaid child support? Do you condone such behavior? Does the fact that he once wore a Niner jersey give him absolution from being a cancerous growth on the backside of society? Please enlighten me as to why you jump to the defense of such a person. Please don't say it is just because of his years as a Niner. If that is the case, you have your priorities really screwed up my friend...

Definitely Owens, I don't recall Garcia getting into trouble or not being a team player. The thing is there are worse criminals in the NFL for sure, Ray Lewis was involved in a murder, Adam Jones was as well. But TO is in a mess that he made himself. No one forced him to have unprotected sex with all those women. If he had an ounce of sense, he would have saved himself all this child support headache by buying a box of condoms. I guess he is just a poor dumb b*****d perpetuating a stereotypical cycle of baby daddies because he doesn't know any better. I feel more sympathy for the poor children who one way or another have a f**ked up parent or two. Correct me if I am mistaken, but doesn't he have eight kids with six different women? If you wanna dance, you have to pay the piper.
Originally posted by zomg_its_ryan:
Originally posted by kray28:
I think he needs to build up some of his on field credentials before he comments on TO.

The fact that he's kicking TO when he's down is actually a little telling to me...

His on field credentials are just fine if you ask me. I don't understand what that has to do with making those comments anyway. TO was a doucher and everyone knows it.
Vernon was quoted only 2 times in this article...the rest are comments and opinions of the writer. It seemed to have worked on you and other readers.

Yeah that's exactly what I saw. That article really has nothing to do with Vernon Davis.

Definitely Owens, I don't recall Garcia getting into trouble or not being a team player.
Definitely Owens?......and of course you don't recall Garcia getting into trouble..

this is a typical viewpoint regarding Owens....he is considered a cancerous growth on the backside of society...and has proven to the world what a shallow self centered piece of human waste he is..

if T.O. is all of those things...what is Jeff Garcia?...who could have killed someone that night in San Jose? A SUV of all vehicles?

http://www.gilroydispatch.com/news/crime_fire_courts/jeff-garcia-booked-for-dui/article_6044dde6-6eb0-503b-a409-609bbfce75c5.html?mode=story

"Reports say Garcia was arrested at 1:50 a.m. after police noticed his white SUV driving erratically. Police pulled over Garcia who drove into the Jack in the Box parking lot at Fourth and San Carlos streets. Garcia reportedly admitted to police he had been drinking.

Two females and a male were in the SUV with Garcia."

don't be a hypocrite now...answer the question...if Terrell Owens is all those things you called him...then please describe Jeff Garcia as a person. Don't hesitate to be as detailed as you were with Terrell Owens.
Not saying either are, but pointing fingers at one POS doesn't make another POS look much better.

What Garcia chose to do was moronic that night. No way around that, but it is a common error in judgement that doesn't necessarily make someone an awful human being. Just makes them a human being that isn't beyond reproach. Owens was brought up by his grandmother to be respectful and humble. Well, he sure did crap all over her efforts, now didn't he. It's too bad. There is a good person in Owens, but his ego and selfishness won out overall. I thank him for his important accomplishments as a 49er, but also at pretty much everything else Owens did since.

Definitely Owens?......and of course you don't recall Garcia getting into trouble..

this is a typical viewpoint regarding Owens....he is considered a cancerous growth on the backside of society...and has proven to the world what a shallow self centered piece of human waste he is..

if T.O. is all of those things...what is Jeff Garcia?...who could have killed someone that night in San Jose? A SUV of all vehicles?

http://www.gilroydispatch.com/news/crime_fire_courts/jeff-garcia-booked-for-dui/article_6044dde6-6eb0-503b-a409-609bbfce75c5.html?mode=story

"Reports say Garcia was arrested at 1:50 a.m. after police noticed his white SUV driving erratically. Police pulled over Garcia who drove into the Jack in the Box parking lot at Fourth and San Carlos streets. Garcia reportedly admitted to police he had been drinking.

Two females and a male were in the SUV with Garcia."

don't be a hypocrite now...answer the question...if Terrell Owens is all those things you called him...then please describe Jeff Garcia as a person. Don't hesitate to be as detailed as you were with Terrell Owens.

They both are screwed up, the difference is that Garcia's incident never made the news, whereas TO has to be in the spotlight. Also as a person Garcia didn't constantly make an ass of himself. I still say TO is a bigger piece of trash. DUI is pretty bad but gathering so many children and not taking care of them is much worse. So what was the point of your post anyway? You trying to say that an isolated incident is worse than being an irresponsible progenitor? I am sorry for you if you think that the Garcia thing is anywhere near as bad as TO being a millionaire and not bring responsible for his own children. There is something pathological about TO, that guy just isn't right between the ears. Regardless it was a weak effort on your behalf to try and excuse a piece of s**t human being by bringing up a single stupid decision by another person. All you proved is that you are willing to condone deadbeat daddies as long as they once wore Niner uniforms. Tell me, how do you feel about Lawrance Phillips and OJ?
[ Edited by Memphis9er on Aug 2, 2012 at 3:49 AM ]
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Not saying either are, but pointing fingers at one POS doesn't make another POS look much better.

What Garcia chose to do was moronic that night. No way around that, but it is a common error in judgement that doesn't necessarily make someone an awful human being. Just makes them a human being that isn't beyond reproach. Owens was brought up by his grandmother to be respectful and humble. Well, he sure did crap all over her efforts, now didn't he. It's too bad. There is a good person in Owens, but his ego and selfishness won out overall. I thank him for his important accomplishments as a 49er, but also at pretty much everything else Owens did since.

They both are screwed up, the difference is that Garcia's incident never made the news, whereas TO has to be in the spotlight. Also as a person Garcia didn't constantly make an ass of himself. I still say TO is a bigger piece of trash. DUI is pretty bad but gathering so many children and not taking care of them is much worse.

Just as I expected from you two.....at least yall are consistent.

"DUI is pretty bad, but gathering so many children is much worse." *nods head up and down*

tell that to anyone who lost a relative to a drunk driver.

yeah, yall are pretty transparent... it is so easy to expose people around here.
Originally posted by oldman9er:

They both are screwed up, the difference is that Garcia's incident never made the news, whereas TO has to be in the spotlight. Also as a person Garcia didn't constantly make an ass of himself. I still say TO is a bigger piece of trash. DUI is pretty bad but gathering so many children and not taking care of them is much worse.

Just as I expected from you two.....at least yall are consistent.

"DUI is pretty bad, but gathering so many children is much worse." *nods head up and down*

tell that to anyone who lost a relative to a drunk driver.

yeah, yall are pretty transparent... it is so easy to expose people around here.

I have lost a fiance to a drunk driver, thanks for dredging up that memory. I have also seen firsthand what a man abandoning his family can do to that family. So before you try and get all high and mighty you might want to consider that neither one of these guys are above reproach, but TO has a history of being a terrible person that cares only about himself. One last thing, the only thing transparent in these posts is your willingness to excuse bad behavior because they once were Niners, that speaks volumes about you. I thought you were better than this.
Let's not go all personal on each other here. We all know what we think of one another, and that should go without saying.

I still stand by my recent post here, and if someone wants to tell me where individual parts of that post are flawed? Then go ahead. Otherwise, just save all of the personal animosity for someone who cares.
Geeeeeeezzzz u guys are taking this way to far. T.O. was a prick but the guy was bad ass. I hated his attitude. But ther were times when I was screaming at my t.v saying throw T.O the f..king ball.
Share 49ersWebzone