There are 173 users in the forums

49ers signed Darcel McBath

Shop Find 49ers gear online
maybe we brought him in to bolster up the tony montana squad while being an emergency backup
McChampionship
Originally posted by Hitman49:

At least he is facing the right way....
Can't be worse in coverage than DG considering he used to be a CB. If he can learn the other aspects, it could be a good move.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Can't be worse in coverage than DG considering he used to be a CB. If he can learn the other aspects, it could be a good move.

Yeah Dashon is absolutely atrocious in coverage
Willie Middlebrooks signing in the books soon. Bank on it!
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
didn't our DB coach coached him up over there?

Yep, he coached him 09 and 10. Should get a chance because we don't have much depth behind Whitner and Goldson. Spillman is the favorite to backup both spots I think. After that Robinson, Colin Jones, McBath, Michael Thomas, etc all should get a chance to compete. I think I am missing somebody...

...trent robinson

uhh...
Originally posted by WRATHman44:

Yep, he coached him 09 and 10. Should get a chance because we don't have much depth behind Whitner and Goldson. Spillman is the favorite to backup both spots I think. After that Robinson, Colin Jones, McBath, Michael Thomas, etc all should get a chance to compete. I think I am missing somebody...

...trent robinson

uhh...

duhhhhh
Originally posted by Ancient9r:

Not feeling so confident seeing these shots..........

Haha well damn...
Originally posted by 4everfaithful24:
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by Ancient9r:

Not feeling so confident seeing these shots..........

its ok, those WRs are running in the wrong direction out of fear

That and they both look like kick or punt returns. At least he's running to the ball.

I was going to say the same, these definitely look like Kick returns or Punt returns. Pretty sure that #5 in that pic against Tennessee is a kicker or punter and the game against the cowboys is from 09 and the angle makes it look like he's getting burned when he's really like 20 yards away from the play. The way I see it, McBath likes to play til the whistle and is a hustler.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by stefano89:
i really dont understand this hype cuz thats all it is is hype. this rumor has been goin around the boards an fans since before the draft. there wsnt even one point this offseason where we were "thin" at safety unless for some reason you think a position requiring 2 starters needs 8 backups which is the logic behind many people here obviously. pre-draft we had i think 3 maybe 4 backups. we now have more than 6 backups....people the safety position is 2 starters...how are WE THIN?? i dont get it, we are stocked with people fighting for the safety position yet people still wanna talk like were thin there. common sense people common sense
we have four safeties, one is not in camp, cj is a good special team person but is unknown at safety,, the other is a rookie, do the math. good signing
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
A couple of you guys have gone full retard in your 'critic' over 2 snap shots of his ST coverage.

agree.. we could cherry pick pictures of gore fumbling the ball all the time, does that mean he sucks/

...trent robinson

Robinson was the first name he said
Mark LeGree is missing.
Regardless, hearing that we have another 6'1 DB sounds good to me. Wish I knew more about him
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
A couple of you guys have gone full retard in your 'critic' over 2 snap shots of his ST coverage.

My god man, lighten up.......
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
You realize that Marc Mariani and Dwayne Harris are super fast returners, and who knows how far away he was from the play, maybe he came from the other end to try and catch them.

Just basing it on the pics, never really paid attention if I did see him play. Thanks for the info though.
Share 49ersWebzone