Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
The Internet also has these photos.

Darcel McBath
Career NFL statistics as of Week 14, 2011
Tackles 45 Interceptions 2
thank you paul. you are the gold standard of pictures around here. now lets have three pages of threads praising him based upon these pictures just like we had three pages bashing him based upon the other pictures. i am glad we signed a vet. right now we got one solid person, one no show, one good special teams guy in cj and a rookie in the sefety spots, thank you paul

Looks to be good with the ball in his hands and excellent vision in pics 1 and 3. Pic 2 shows a ferocity "unknown to mankind" and will be an integral part in creating more turnovers like last year. Overall, based on these pictures I would say we just picked up an athletic and ferocious tackler with good ball skills and a potential all pro under the right circumstances.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hitman49:

lulz
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerSquire:
Originally posted by cciowa:

Darcel McBath
Career NFL statistics as of Week 14, 2011
Tackles 45 Interceptions 2
thank you paul. you are the gold standard of pictures around here. now lets have three pages of threads praising him based upon these pictures just like we had three pages bashing him based upon the other pictures. i am glad we signed a vet. right now we got one solid person, one no show, one good special teams guy in cj and a rookie in the sefety spots, thank you paul

Looks to be good with the ball in his hands and excellent vision in pics 1 and 3. Pic 2 shows a ferocity "unknown to mankind" and will be an integral part in creating more turnovers like last year. Overall, based on these pictures I would say we just picked up an athletic and ferocious tackler with good ball skills and a potential all pro under the right circumstances.

If you look in picture 1 it's against the Colts so he picked off Peyton Manning. Damn he is great! Championship!
wont play, doesnt matter
good camp body. could possibly challenge for #4 safety spot.

CGI enhanced
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by smithgdwg:

CGI enhanced

definitely. can't no white man outrun a brotha. it's science.
Don't throw out the baby with the McBathwater.
Harbaugh and Baalke said that every position will have competition going into training camp.

QB- Competition
WR- extreme competition
RB - extreme competition
safety- no competition, they needed this signing just to be at an average level. Great job harbaugh and baalke

Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Can't be worse in coverage than DG considering he used to be a CB. If he can learn the other aspects, it could be a good move.

Yeah Dashon is absolutely atrocious in coverage

Goldson is an okay cover guy at best. It is not his strength. He is a great hitter and does a lot for the run/ short pass game.

I do not think of ints as a stat of a cover guy on safeties. It is more about being heads up and a bit of risk taking. PDs would be a better indication. Or from an observers position, how many times does a safety bite and get beaten deep?
goldson is smart

hes good at reading plays and against the run

what hhe lacks is proper technique while tackling (has more miss tackles than i would like to see) and he is only decent at best in coverage

i think if you play back his int most of it will be when hes roming around platung zone rather than man
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

Isn't this a kicker? ^^^^^^^^

Yes, looks like 11 guys missed that one. Lol at the angle the kicker is taking. "f**k it, I'm sideline bound."
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
goldson is smart

hes good at reading plays and against the run

what hhe lacks is proper technique while tackling (has more miss tackles than i would like to see) and he is only decent at best in coverage

i think if you play back his int most of it will be when hes roming around platung zone rather than man

I think the mistackles is partly technique and partly that he tries to take people's heads off every time. He needs to take some lessons from Willis as to when you can do that and when to take the safe tackle.
  • cools
  • Veteran
Seems were loaded with strong safety types, not a true center field ball hawk with speed and coverage skills

Robinson could be that guy, McBath seems like that type too, we shall see

If they keep 5 Safetys, he has a shot, but he would probably have to beat out Jones in the ST department
Share 49ersWebzone