There are 206 users in the forums

Crabtree looking sharp in camp

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by niner4life21:
LMAO. Wtf are you talking about?

You don't throw the ball away 10-15 yards down the field at a receiver's feet. You throw the ball away way past the defense, or ideally, out of bounds. That has got to be the most idiotic thing I've heard in Niner Talk in a while, and trust me, the offseason gets pretty stupid.

Seems you are being deliberately obtuse? Say Crabtree runs a curl route, but is very well covered from behind. QB throws the ball intentionally low... very low... and the ball essentially falls to the feet or a yard in front of Crabtree. This pass was basically a throw-away that only Crabs could possibly yet unrealistically catch. If Alex throws it more directly to Crabtree's chest? Then it has a much greater chance of being tipped and intercepted by a close-shadowing CB.

Is it ultra-conservative? Oh yes... and whether that's okay is debatable. Did this happen on every short/low pass thrown? Meh.. probably not.. but some.

Are you guys talking about the NFCCG here for this, specifically? Don't remember... but if so? Tell me, as I'll go back and look for the specific throws to form a final assessment. But in generalities? Yes... a QB throws a pass in the dirt in front of a receiver when he is well covered... it is basically the same as throwing a ball clearly out of bounds once a QB rolls out of the pocket yet no one down the field is open.

Am I the only one here that refuses to read oldman9er posts?
Look at Kaepernicks's mechanics at 55 seconds in.... oh my... .... guess whatever it takes.. as long as the ball gets there, but dayum son...

pure hatred folks!
Originally posted by MertonHanksneck:
Look at Kaepernicks's mechanics at 55 seconds in.... oh my... .... guess whatever it takes.. as long as the ball gets there, but dayum son...

pure hatred folks!

Am I the only one who sees the remarkable contradiction?

At any rate, I understand. You can only read the short, one-liners before your focus is shattered and mind confused. It's okay... I have a nephew that has this issue.

... and no, I actually like a lot about Kaepernick. But c'mon... that shot of his mechanics was... but like I said in plain English... as long as the ball gets there? who really cares.

pure hatred folks!

Am I the only one who sees the remarkable contradiction?

At any rate, I understand. You can only read the short, one-liners before your focus is shattered and mind confused. It's okay... I have a nephew that has this issue.

... and no, I actually like a lot about Kaepernick. But c'mon... that shot of his mechanics was... but like I said in plain English... as long as the ball gets there? who really cares.

diddnt read
[ Edited by MertonHanksneck on Jul 7, 2012 at 5:08 PM ]
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Anyone else see how much faster and quicker Crabtree looks from this video of the offseason workouts?

His hands also seem to be in top form.

http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/videos/NFL-Top-100-No-28-Frank-Gore/0ebc1908-7ee1-488a-9a6c-11efb5aa4b04#?id=39cc083a-ebcc-492c-a423-8753ba3f510a

that video is of frank gire?

Your right, he did not lead you to the watering hole but it's not much further.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
He looks a bit thinner no?
In shape.
Can't wait.

Could be a sleepa in fantasy this year.
  • fly15
  • Veteran

You don't throw the ball away 10-15 yards down the field at a receiver's feet. You throw the ball away way past the defense, or ideally, out of bounds. That has got to be the most idiotic thing I've heard in Niner Talk in a while, and trust me, the offseason gets pretty stupid.

Seems you are being deliberately obtuse? Say Crabtree runs a curl route, but is very well covered from behind. QB throws the ball intentionally low... very low... and the ball essentially falls to the feet or a yard in front of Crabtree. This pass was basically a throw-away that only Crabs could possibly yet unrealistically catch. If Alex throws it more directly to Crabtree's chest? Then it has a much greater chance of being tipped and intercepted by a close-shadowing CB.

Is it ultra-conservative? Oh yes... and whether that's okay is debatable. Did this happen on every short/low pass thrown? Meh.. probably not.. but some.

Are you guys talking about the NFCCG here for this, specifically? Don't remember... but if so? Tell me, as I'll go back and look for the specific throws to form a final assessment. But in generalities? Yes... a QB throws a pass in the dirt in front of a receiver when he is well covered... it is basically the same as throwing a ball clearly out of bounds once a QB rolls out of the pocket yet no one down the field is open.

nope

lol i doubt it.
Let's hope he plays in a preseason game this year!
Why the hate on oldman9er posts. He's one of the few whose posts don't consist solely of:

1. Didnt read lol
2. THIS!!!!
3. or any of the other smilies
4. A bad joke that people will quote over and over with (refer to #3)
5. Gire
6. Doe

Keep up the quality oldman9er
[ Edited by Youngb on Jul 8, 2012 at 1:48 PM ]

Originally posted by Youngb:
Why the hate on oldman9er posts. He's one of the few whose posts don't consist solely of:

1. Didnt read lol
2. THIS!!!!
5. Gire
6. Doe

Didn't read THIS!!! even if Gire doe..
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:

Originally posted by Young2Rice:
QB also threw some passes at his feet. Both stunk it up imo.

Those passes at the feet were actually throwing the ball away because no1 was open

All qb's do this from time to time, throw it where the defense has no chance at it. Before you lapse into name calling maybe you should learn a little more about football yourself.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:

Originally posted by Young2Rice:
QB also threw some passes at his feet. Both stunk it up imo.

Those passes at the feet were actually throwing the ball away because no1 was open

All qb's do this from time to time, throw it where the defense has no chance at it. Before you lapse into name calling maybe you should learn a little more about football yourself.

What do they do on a screen when the RB is covered...you don't throw it out of bound. That's a penalty for intentionally avoiding a sack. So you throw it to the nearest eligible receivers -- the RB. But you throw it at his feet just to show the ref you were 'trying'. It doesn't have to be exclusively on screens. On some quick outs, when you see the defender is closing in on the pass and you know for sure that your throw may not make it there before the potential interception. Because you are already facing that side and in the throwing motion, gun it to the receiver's feet when in serious doubt so it won't be a potential pick 6. I could be wrong but I think the general rule is if it's close to the sideline, it's high to the outside, and waist high or lower as you move inside towards the hash marks.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jul 8, 2012 at 2:52 PM ]

1. Didnt read lol
2. THIS!!!!
5. Gire
6. Doe

Originally posted by tohara3:

1. Didnt read lol
2. THIS!!!!
5. Gire
6. Doe

All good, guys.

I look at comments like theirs as I'm sure Alex would look at Jamie Dukes'. Expect and smile at the insults... if and when they compliment you? that's when you worry. Getting poor grades from the Dukes clan just lets me know I am on the right track.
Share 49ersWebzone