There are 196 users in the forums

Crabtree looking sharp in camp

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
never said he had to be any of those guys. i was commenting to dirtyp who seems to believe every wr to ever play and succeed needs a guy opposite of him thats a star. Its simply not true, and an excuse as to why Crabtrees #'s have been nothing more than average for a starting WR in this league. Will he benefit? of course he will if still starting. That does not magically make him a beter WR however. He is what he is.

He is, just like every other player on this offense. He missed like half of his first season because of a stupid holdout, which was his fault but that's ancient history so let's move on. In 2010 Raye's offense was so bad defenses were calling the plays before the snap, of course he was fired but there were still more than enough offensive problems to go around. So once again we have a very small sample (2011) in a competent offense to look at here. He's not as bad as you made him seem. Is he the best WR on this team? No way to tell at this point, but if there's anyone that can squeeze the potential out of him it's Coach Harbaugh. He turned Alex Smith around, have some faith he can do the same for Crabs!
Originally posted by DirtyP:
Larry Fitzgerald, Art Monk, Tim Brown, Issac Bruce, Steve Largent...Shall i continue? Since you know football so much better than the rest of us and i know nothing i shouldnt have to name any.

LOL ARE YOU f**kING KIDDING ME?????? Art Monk had 2 hall of famers on his team, Isaac Bruce had Torry Holt, who is a 1st ballot HOF, and Larry Fitz had Boldin for 7 years.

LOL k.

Holt was beter because of Bruce. He is not a first ballot. but ignore him and fitz then.

What hall of famers are you talking about with monk? certainly not WR's oposite of him

Largent, just gonna ignore him??

you asked for 1 i gave you several.

Figured you would come back with BS response.
Originally posted by ninermedic:
He is, just like every other player on this offense. He missed like half of his first season because of a stupid holdout, which was his fault but that's ancient history so let's move on. In 2010 Raye's offense was so bad defenses were calling the plays before the snap, of course he was fired but there were still more than enough offensive problems to go around. So once again we have a very small sample (2011) in a competent offense to look at here. He's not as bad as you made him seem. Is he the best WR on this team? No way to tell at this point, but if there's anyone that can squeeze the potential out of him it's Coach Harbaugh. He turned Alex Smith around, have some faith he can do the same for Crabs!

He is a hater on hateroids
LOL k.

Holt was beter because of Bruce. He is not a first ballot. but ignore him and fitz then.

What hall of famers are you talking about with monk? certainly not WR's oposite of him

You didn't give me several you had to go back to a 1970's seattle seahawk to give me a decent example. To be honest you could be wrong on that one too I just dont have any knowledge of who the seahawks receivers were in the 1970s. Torry Holt is arguably a first ballot HOF and was a much more dominant player than Bruce in his prime.Im not going to argue HOF credentials with someone who thought Isaac Bruce dominated on his own at any point in his career. Fitz and Boldin were the best receiving tandem in the NFL for almost 8 years

Art Monk has to be the worst example you could have chosen. Ever heard of Gary Clark and Ricky Sanders? I guess not.
[ Edited by DirtyP on Jul 28, 2012 at 10:06 PM ]
LOL k.

Lol ok so you have to go back to a 1970's seattle seahawk to give me a decent example, to be honest you could be wrong on that one too I just dont have any knowledge of who the seahawks receivers were in the 1970s. Torry Holt is arguably a first ballot HOF and was a much more dominant player than Bruce in his prime.Im not going to argue HOF credentials with someone who thought Isaac Bruce dominated on his own at any point in his career.

Art Monk has to be the worst example you could have chosen. Ever heard of Gary Clark and Ricky Sanders? I guess not

Monk had over 4000 receiving yards before either were on the roster, and another 1277 clarks first year, and another 1000 sanders first.
Monk had over 4000 receiving yards before either were on the roster, and another 1277 clarks first year, and another 1000 sanders first.

Lol omg you are so ridiculous. Crabtree has 2,300 yards in his first 3 seasons, one of which was only 11 games due to a holdout. Monk had 2100 in his first 3 seasons. You have no argument. You didn't even know who Clark and Sanders were before I told you so I dont even know why I am arguing with you about them.
[ Edited by DirtyP on Jul 28, 2012 at 10:27 PM ]
And @ IdahoNiner take a look at the great Steve Largents first three years and tell me how many yards he had
[ Edited by DirtyP on Jul 28, 2012 at 10:31 PM ]
In past years I probably unfairly judged him in comparison to Vernon Davis. It just stood out that your TE put up much better numbers than your supposed #1 WR and also was far less injury prone.

These are sentiments that are from our losing seasons though not so much last year. I never looked at Crabtree as a bad player I just expected too much after he was drafted I guess. Seeing him in college I thought we had a league leading receiver. Anyway I think it is good to have him around whatever the case. Like Alex I think he was thrown into a bad situation with high (sometimes unrealistic) expectations and was the victim of that. Even VD has some of that. His insane physical talents were enough to overcome that after a few seasons though. Gore had the advantage of not really needing a specific system to thrive. The way he plays he can be a factor in any offense, though I think he finally found the perfect one with Harbaugh.

I forget what my point is... lol

Lol omg you are so ridiculous. Crabtree has 2,300 yards in his first 3 seasons, one of which was only 11 games due to a holdout. Monk had 2100 in his first 3 seasons. You have no argument. You didn't even know who Clark and Sanders were before I told you so I dont even know why I am arguing with you about them.

Cool. You know everything. I know nothing. Crabtree is gonna light the world on fire...your right.....oh yea, and im a douche.

Hope his ankle heals, or all your god given football knowledge is out the window.
Cool. You know everything. I know nothing. Crabtree is gonna light the world on fire...your right.....oh yea, and im a douche.

Hope his ankle heals, or all your god given football knowledge is out the window.

Don't be mad because you spoke of something you knew nothing about and got called out on it. And yeah so long as you call Aldon Smith an immature idiot for what happened to him I will continue to think you are the biggest douche on this forum.

As for Crabtree "lighting the world on fire", yes that is what I hope for and what every 49ers fan should hope for in 2012. Have fun rooting against him though.
[ Edited by DirtyP on Jul 28, 2012 at 10:58 PM ]

lol....

Lol don't be mad because you spoke of something you knew nothing about and got called out on it. And yeah so long as you call Aldon Smith an immature idiot for what happened to him I will continue to think you are the biggest douche on this forum.

As for Crabtree "lighting the world on fire", yes that is what I hope for and what every 49ers fan should hope for in 2012.

Yea he was such a victim....
Just as sure as the swallows return to Capistrano...

Absolutely unbelievable. This would be hilarious if his malingering didn't hurt the team so much.

Idaho,

Shake it off, man. You let your guard down and got sucker punched by a sophist, you're not the first. No big deal.

That doesn't mean you're wrong, though. Without resorting to sophistry, it's hard to claim Crabtree is anything other than a goldbricker. We've seen this before and we're seeing it again. He's going to ride this excuse for however long it will take him and his fans will ride the bomb, too.

The key point is this: Crabtree has skills, but no killer instinct. He's great for your Madden team or your Sabremetrics, but absolute crap for your NFL team when it really matters. The fact that Crabtree is, at best, in the periphery of the discussion when we discuss our dagger-in-the-heart weapons says all we need to say about Crabtree.

Until he proves otherwise--which seems increasingly unlikely--he's a four-years-into-the-league question mark. At the wide-out position, that's pitiful. Only RBs have an easier job of making a personal impact upon a team, if we wish to talk Sabermetrics. Meanwhile, you have guys like Iupati, Davis, Bowman and A. Smith that are changing the face of this team. In Crabtree's corner, you have a pile of excuses and stats...and a growing pile of dust. He's fast becoming yesterday's news, although his supporters don't seem to see it that way.
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:

Idaho,

Shake it off, man. You let your guard down and got sucker punched by a sophist, you're not the first. No big deal.

That doesn't mean you're wrong, though. Without resorting to sophistry, it's hard to claim Crabtree is anything other than a goldbricker. We've seen this before and we're seeing it again. He's going to ride this excuse for however long it will take him and his fans will ride the bomb, too.

The key point is this: Crabtree has skills, but no killer instinct. He's great for your Madden team or your Sabremetrics, but absolute crap for your NFL team when it really matters. The fact that Crabtree is, at best, in the periphery of the discussion when we discuss our dagger-in-the-heart weapons says all we need to say about Crabtree.

Until he proves otherwise--which seems increasingly unlikely--he's a four-years-into-the-league question mark. At the wide-out position, that's pitiful. Only RBs have an easier job of making a personal impact upon a team, if we wish to talk Sabermetrics. Meanwhile, you have guys like Iupati, Davis, Bowman and A. Smith that are changing the face of this team. In Crabtree's corner, you have a pile of excuses and stats...and a growing pile of dust. He's fast becoming yesterday's news, although his supporters don't seem to see it that way.
Agree. Its been a long night, and i let it get to me, i admit it. Good thing is we seem to hopefully have alot more depth at the position and they all seem to be hungry. Really Hungry. Its an exciting time to be a niner fan. If Crabtree can earn his position on the depth chart than i am happy for him, and will cheer every time he makes a catch just like i always have. Im a niners fan first and foremost and a critic second. It just sometimes gets to me when people act like you cant be a fan and still be critical, and i shouldn't let it bother me. This season cant get here soon enough.
Share 49ersWebzone