There are 88 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Alex Smith Documentary

Incredible job. The Catch lll makes me shed a tear every time. Such an awesome, awesome moment. I can't wait for September.
The whole 3rd and 3 thing was really cool.
Ain't gonna lie...watch this all the time and still get touched up each time; how can you not after 9 years of Niner hell and all this team has been through (esp. Alex).
Final project grade: A+
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by Garcia:
According to some dudes on facebook....

One of the people from the 49ers group there tweeted a link to the video to Alex Smith's Wife.
and apparently now Alex has seen it.

You don't think that's interesting?

I guess you are just too school for school then.

Honestly, I just don't think it's all that great. That's my 2¢. The vid isn't even really about Alex.

But it's a student thing, so I'll do my best to dock my cynicism.
Honestly, I just don't think it's all that great. That's my 2¢. The vid isn't even really about Alex.

Was it you that made the 2006 highlight vid. I remember somebody pulled it from the archives a while back and that video was one the best 49er highlight videos I've seen in terms of quality
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

Was it you that made the 2006 highlight vid. I remember somebody pulled it from the archives a while back and that video was one the best 49er highlight videos I've seen in terms of quality

Yes it was.

Admittedly, I'm a little creatively frustrated on this one, cause I thought about going to SF to shoot an Alex Smith doc and interview Alex and etc.

But then the whole Sean Pamphilon thing happened with the Saints, and I assumed getting access would be that much harder. Plus, I got jobs here in LA that kept me from going after such a passion project (i.e., jobs that actually paid me immediately instead of an Alex Smith piece I would have to try to sell to ESPN or NFLN down the road with no guarantees).

I think Alex's story is an EXTREMELY good one, but both ESPN & NFLN won't jump on it until the guy either gets to or wins a Super Bowl (cause there's still the sentiment out there that he's not very good). You might see E:60 do something on him this year... and when they do I'll be even more frustrated.

I think the Alex Smith story just deserves a s**t more attention to detail. There is a ton of stuff worth covering... I listed a bit of it in a previous thread and even forgot about his friend committing suicide. Dude has been through a ton. It's a fantastic modern sports story about the expectations of fandom and how we're all so quick to condemn those who appear to fall short early.

Hell, the fact that Alex got so many chances is kinda baffling.
NC49ersfan,

I'm SteveC2306...I appreciate the shoutout at then end haha when I was watching the first part of the video I was like wow this looks familiar.
Great job with the rest of it, very well put together.

The funny this is when I made the what went wrong video people assumed I was a Smith hater...but in fact I've been on his side since he got here. Glad to see it all come together.
Okay I finally got around to watching this. I watched the beginning and the ending, not so much of the middle because it was just mostly season highlights.

Good video though, very well done.
Here is the link to the YouTube version which is 6 minutes shorter, which I liked better. Matt did a great job with this video! I am excited for the season to start!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUum2i4WCwU&feature=plcp
I know a lot of videos get posted on the Zone. Honestly, I usually don't even watch them because they are redundant. But, this one is by far the best one about last season's team. All you sensitive cats, get your tissue paper ready. If this has been posted already my bad, but it deserves its own thread. Preseason is almost here! Lets do this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUum2i4WCwU
[ Edited by sacniner on Jul 16, 2012 at 11:28 AM ]
Where is the video??
Originally posted by Hitman49:
Where is the video??

Maybe its kind of like the Alex Smith 2012 Redzone highlight video?
You're a couple weeks late...
You're a couple weeks late...

Oh... I figured it would have been up here by now. Lock this beezy up then.