LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 216 users in the forums

Reminder 2011 San Francisco 49ers Yearbook on ESPN 2 July 18th 9:00 PM Eastern

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
FWIW, as stupid as this is, I'm pretty sure the Packers and Giants Yearbook premiers were preempted tonight as well. The ESPN complaint line must have blown up tonight. What dumb f**ks they are.

Oh no they made sure to play the Giants yearbook on time.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Fans eat up optimistic videos of season highlights... It would be a smart move to promote it.
Whew totally forgot. Now I can't miss it... as long as I remember
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
I have no idea why ESPN doesn't promote these more OR why the NFL Network doesn't make a month-long event out of them. Baffling.

Yeah, 110% agree. What the heck else does NFLN have to put on during the offseason? Why not air one team per a night? These are a lot better than some list that is usually a joke. I think they put way too much into the top 100.

So have they aired the yearbook yet before today? If so maybe someone has it up online.

Dude, I used to work at NFLN, and I have no idea why they don't do anything with the yearbooks. That was kind of my stance when I worked there... THEY NEED MORE CONTENT AND PROGRAMMING!!!

But the NFLN is still growing and getting its feet set, so in the future they might make the yearbooks a thing. TOP 100 is only in its second year, and apparently the ratings are good because they promoted the crap out of it.

The most interesting TV-business-thing I learned while at NFLN was that NFL REPLAY is usually the highest rated program on the Network. I still don't understand it, aside from the fact that people without the Sunday Ticket can watch the games they missed. But game highlights are so ubiquitous now, I don't get people that actually sit down and watch 90-minutes of NFL Replay at a time.
Hearing it reairs July 15th

NFL/NFL Films should just stream these yearbooks straight to hulu and forget all this bullcrap with the networks preempting s**t......get with the 21st century already!

http://www.hulu.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers

http://www.hulu.com/search?query=San+Francisco+49ers&st=0&fs=
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Jul 4, 2012 at 6:26 AM ]
Originally posted by Niner3030:
FWIW, as stupid as this is, I'm pretty sure the Packers and Giants Yearbook premiers were preempted tonight as well. The ESPN complaint line must have blown up tonight. What dumb f**ks they are.

Oh no they made sure to play the Giants yearbook on time.

Figures
So did this show air or not?
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

Never, while the Cohns & NY control the media
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

Never, while the Cohns & NY control the media

What a bust.

Now it will "premier" at 4:30 AM on Sunday the 15th . . . meanwhile re-runs of the 2011 Broncos (Tebow) and the 2011 Jets episodes will play on the 10th.
Now it will "premier" at 4:30 AM on Sunday the 15th . . . meanwhile re-runs of the 2011 Broncos (Tebow) and the 2011 Jets episodes will play on the 10th.

and then they will say. man the west coast gives us no ratings so why air anything for there.

it is a viscous cycle. they don't air it, we don't watch them. then they air ait we tune in, they cancel it. then air it at a tiime the west coast can't watch it.

they won't watch anyting past 9pm our time and we won't watch anything before 10am their time.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
I have no idea why ESPN doesn't promote these more OR why the NFL Network doesn't make a month-long event out of them. Baffling.

Yeah, 110% agree. What the heck else does NFLN have to put on during the offseason? Why not air one team per a night? These are a lot better than some list that is usually a joke. I think they put way too much into the top 100.

So have they aired the yearbook yet before today? If so maybe someone has it up online.

Dude, I used to work at NFLN, and I have no idea why they don't do anything with the yearbooks. That was kind of my stance when I worked there... THEY NEED MORE CONTENT AND PROGRAMMING!!!

But the NFLN is still growing and getting its feet set, so in the future they might make the yearbooks a thing. TOP 100 is only in its second year, and apparently the ratings are good because they promoted the crap out of it.

The most interesting TV-business-thing I learned while at NFLN was that NFL REPLAY is usually the highest rated program on the Network. I still don't understand it, aside from the fact that people without the Sunday Ticket can watch the games they missed. But game highlights are so ubiquitous now, I don't get people that actually sit down and watch 90-minutes of NFL Replay at a time.

I feel like every time I turn on NFL network it's either Total Access or that Top 10 show. I am not a fan of the Top 10 show. They re-run a lot of stuff and they've run out of new ideas. They need to show more original broadcasts of classic games from the 70s through the 90s.
Originally posted by Niner3030:
I feel like every time I turn on NFL network it's either Total Access or that Top 10 show. I am not a fan of the Top 10 show. They re-run a lot of stuff and they've run out of new ideas. They need to show more original broadcasts of classic games from the 70s through the 90s.

this. in the offseason they can replay seasons like the 1970 season (nfl replay style) even if it is just the playoff teams of that year. monday is week 1, tuesday is week 2, wedsnday is week 3 so on. in one offseason they may get through 2-3 seasons. also during free agency and draft coverage where they are on live most of the time you can tank it. but that is something i would tune in to, but as of now i do not watch NFL network.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Baseball Tonight is supposed to be on ESPN right now, but . . . . wait for it . . . a Poker tournament is on. The 49ers, five time Superbowl Champions and possibly the most interesting story of the 2011 season got punked by ESPN for a f**king poker tournament.

This was so disappointing. I actually talked my girlfriend into letting me watch it rather than America's got talent and it wasn't even on. There is a reason I never watch ESPN... So stupid.
Share 49ersWebzone