LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 260 users in the forums

Reminder 2011 San Francisco 49ers Yearbook on ESPN 2 July 18th 9:00 PM Eastern

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Niner3030:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
I have no idea why ESPN doesn't promote these more OR why the NFL Network doesn't make a month-long event out of them. Baffling.

Yeah, 110% agree. What the heck else does NFLN have to put on during the offseason? Why not air one team per a night? These are a lot better than some list that is usually a joke. I think they put way too much into the top 100.

So have they aired the yearbook yet before today? If so maybe someone has it up online.

Dude, I used to work at NFLN, and I have no idea why they don't do anything with the yearbooks. That was kind of my stance when I worked there... THEY NEED MORE CONTENT AND PROGRAMMING!!!

But the NFLN is still growing and getting its feet set, so in the future they might make the yearbooks a thing. TOP 100 is only in its second year, and apparently the ratings are good because they promoted the crap out of it.

The most interesting TV-business-thing I learned while at NFLN was that NFL REPLAY is usually the highest rated program on the Network. I still don't understand it, aside from the fact that people without the Sunday Ticket can watch the games they missed. But game highlights are so ubiquitous now, I don't get people that actually sit down and watch 90-minutes of NFL Replay at a time.

I feel like every time I turn on NFL network it's either Total Access or that Top 10 show. I am not a fan of the Top 10 show. They re-run a lot of stuff and they've run out of new ideas. They need to show more original broadcasts of classic games from the 70s through the 90s.

Total Access gets good ratings. In 2008, the Network made the conscious decision to move more towards news-based programming day-to-day (this is when Jamie Duke's show got cancelled). That's when they did a huge block of AROUND THE LEAGUE followed by THE COACHES SHOW (on Mondays) followed by TOTAL ACCESS. I guess the ratings show people really like talking heads.

During the season, I really like SOUND FX, which is produced out of NFL Films. That's always a great show. I'm interested to see what they do with NFL AM. Four hours a day, every morning? That's a LOT of time to fill.
[ Edited by NickSh49 on Jul 4, 2012 at 1:06 PM ]
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Now it will "premier" at 4:30 AM on Sunday the 15th . . . meanwhile re-runs of the 2011 Broncos (Tebow) and the 2011 Jets episodes will play on the 10th.

4:30 am? are u sure? what the f**k?
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Now it will "premier" at 4:30 AM on Sunday the 15th . . . meanwhile re-runs of the 2011 Broncos (Tebow) and the 2011 Jets episodes will play on the 10th.

I checked the guide on DirectTV and that's what it says (pacific time). It's technically supposed to be a re-run and they probably figure most people have DVR so it doesn't matter.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
I have no idea why ESPN doesn't promote these more OR why the NFL Network doesn't make a month-long event out of them. Baffling.

Yeah, 110% agree. What the heck else does NFLN have to put on during the offseason? Why not air one team per a night? These are a lot better than some list that is usually a joke. I think they put way too much into the top 100.

So have they aired the yearbook yet before today? If so maybe someone has it up online.

Dude, I used to work at NFLN, and I have no idea why they don't do anything with the yearbooks. That was kind of my stance when I worked there... THEY NEED MORE CONTENT AND PROGRAMMING!!!

But the NFLN is still growing and getting its feet set, so in the future they might make the yearbooks a thing. TOP 100 is only in its second year, and apparently the ratings are good because they promoted the crap out of it.

The most interesting TV-business-thing I learned while at NFLN was that NFL REPLAY is usually the highest rated program on the Network. I still don't understand it, aside from the fact that people without the Sunday Ticket can watch the games they missed. But game highlights are so ubiquitous now, I don't get people that actually sit down and watch 90-minutes of NFL Replay at a time.

I feel like every time I turn on NFL network it's either Total Access or that Top 10 show. I am not a fan of the Top 10 show. They re-run a lot of stuff and they've run out of new ideas. They need to show more original broadcasts of classic games from the 70s through the 90s.

Total Access gets good ratings. In 2008, the Network made the conscious decision to move more towards news-based programming day-to-day (this is when Jamie Duke's show got cancelled). That's when they did a huge block of AROUND THE LEAGUE followed by THE COACHES SHOW (on Mondays) followed by TOTAL ACCESS. I guess the ratings show people really like talking heads.

During the season, I really like SOUND FX, which is produced out of NFL Films. That's always a great show. I'm interested to see what they do with NFL AM. Four hours a day, every morning? That's a LOT of time to fill.

I just really dislike all the talking head sports shows and I hope the trends goes away. I sort of enjoyed PTI but even that's gotten old (they also talk about golf too much). Probably the only show I like is Dan LeBatard but that's because it's really entertaining. I would rather have just have Total Access as often as Sportscenter is on and then the rest of the time be basically an NFL version of ESPN classic. I realize this would probably be bad for ratings.
Originally posted by defenderDX:

I checked the guide on DirectTV and that's what it says (pacific time). It's technically supposed to be a re-run and they probably figure most people have DVR so it doesn't matter.

oh, pacific. thought that was Easten.

sucks for you guys tho,
Has this sucker aired yet? I'm trying to find a torrent

It's probably like any other network and a lot of good stuff gets cancelled due to ratings. There is a lot they could do with the history of the nfl and most fans could stand to learn more about the history but the ratings just wouldn't be there. It seems like it's a network for hard core fans but at the same time they like to appeal to mass audience. I'd like to see more shows like playbook breaking down film. But again a top 100 list appeals to more people. One thing I like that they should have more of is mic'd up shows. Also, I'd like to maybe see a show where they sat and talked to a key player(s) during a game and asked them what they saw during certain plays and what they were thinking. Really get into their heads and get deeper into the game. I know they kind of do that with replay for a few plays and it might not work because it would give away secrets but it would be cool if they talked formations, how they tried to combat the O or D...,etc. Not only that but go into details before the game... how they felt... what was on their mind... after the game as well. Get a bit more personal.... really put us in their shoes. Also, I'd like to see mic's and helmets with cams on the refs have that released for a show. Just some rambling thoughts.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Jul 12, 2012 at 5:07 AM ]
Originally posted by Milkman:

No it is airing 4:30am Sunday. So we think.
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:

My DVR says 5am. I got it set to record on the DVR
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:

Cheers

A fvcker$ wake up! It's on Espn 2 next!!!!!

Right after the giants :(
  • THEB
  • Veteran
Yeah i had to watch the fudging kyle williams fumbles in that show, now i get to watch it again in the 49ers show. FUDGEEE
They played the "49ers anthem" from YouTube on it.
Beautiful unseen footage, doing a good job showing how remarkable last season was.
Alright, I cried. That was beautiful.
  • THEB
  • Veteran
im glad they didnt show any of the giants game
Share 49ersWebzone