LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 230 users in the forums

Why do you love the niners?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ruthless49er:
http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/videos/Sound-FX-49ers-vs-Saints/6c113cd0-4c1c-4a86-9c98-341a01c44909

That's why

Amazing game. Equal to any one of the comeback game from Montana or Young. Great game from Smith and the guys. Classic memories for the younger fans.
Grew up in Seattle...took about two years as a child to realize all Seattle teams sucked. There was no 12th man back then (which BTW: are all transplant fans now); in fact, b/c their fans were so poor and not attend games, games were routinely blacked out so guess which team was next up for regional coverage during the 80's. That's right...long-story-short, I grew up watching and being exposed to the greatest team and NFL franchise ever, our beloved SF 49ers WAY more than my own home team. Naturally my love for the Niner's as a kid also grew into my love of the SF Giants as well.

PS: And every time I go back to Seattle for a Hawks/Niner's game (Niner's have won every time I have been there), I cheer my azz off and there is ALWAYS one moronic fan who tells me to go home; literally. Obviously, I tell him I am home and tell him this story. It usually shuts everyone up around me fairly quick and let's me enjoy another Niner victory to which the inevitable happens every single time...12th-man fans start leaving early to which I reply, "You're the reason I became a Niner fan!" I swear this happens every...single...time. And I love every second of it!!!

And Montana to Taylor sealed it for life for me!

I do give props to my family and the three true 12th man friends I have that are still loyal to their team.

I do remember vividly, as a kid, the few fans at the Kingdome, were always WAY more into the hydroplane races on the big screen vs. the actual game itself. And the engineer/designer for Safeco clearly was not from Western Washington. LMAO. Anyone from WW would tell you it never rains straight up and down there...it's always sideways and squirreling so all those people in the upper level, where it's opened, just get SOAKED even when the roof is closed. It's always been a huge soccer town (go Sounders) but nothing more. And I swear they are cursed - see Oklahoma City. The last professional team championship (minus soccer or women basketball) that city has seen was the Super Sonics back in 1979.

PSS: It also took about two years to realize I hated the weather there and now live in San Diego.
[ Edited by NCommand on Jun 29, 2012 at 7:37 AM ]
Went to a game at Kezar with my dad when I was 6 and got hooked. Never bought into the hype of the Steelers, Raiders, or Cowboys in the 70's like some people did. Stuck with my home town team and got rewarded in the 80's and 90's.
Dad was an alcoholic and parents divorced very young, I only got to see him on the weekends whenever he was able to stay sober... mainly Sundays when he was too hungover to drink or get off the couch. So we spent Sundays watching football and placing $1 bets on who would win each game. The first complete year I knew of him being sober the niners won the superbowl with Young... been a die hard ever since and the pops has been sober for a decade now. Unfortunately now he is more of a Bronco's fan after moving to Colorado, but red & gold will always be my colors.
Originally posted by Kronos2560:
Born and raised in San Francisco, California. I grew up losing my voice every sunday, and nothing has changed. My major in college is Journalism, and my goal in life is to be an insider for the 49ers.

I do nothing but think about my team. I talk sht to other teams fans whenever given the chance. I come on the boards every day to see what fellow niner fans are thinking about. All of my school projects where I get to select the topic are about the 49ers. My room is decked out in 49er stuff. My prized possessions are footballs signed by Steve Young and Joe Montana. I was able to singlehandedly prove to every band wagon P.O.S. kid in my 7th grade class that the cardinals were the worst team in the NFL after our 2-14 season because we beat them twice. I make my friends who dont know anything about football come over and watch the games with me because thats just how I roll. I dumped my ex-girlfriend because she called my teams colors ugly, and she liked the saints colors better (one of the reasons anyway.). I make bros who think they know football awkwardly stop talking when I overwhelm them with my football knowledge and passion for my team. I really love writing overly long paragraphs on forums to random people about how much I love the 49ers. And I f*cking hate the Seattle Seahawks.

Go Niners.

Nominated for post of the year!
Originally posted by Nuns:
My dad played for them the first 6 years of my life. Didn't have a choice.

What's your Dad's name?
Originally posted by 5280High:
Dad was an alcoholic and parents divorced very young, I only got to see him on the weekends whenever he was able to stay sober... mainly Sundays when he was too hungover to drink or get off the couch. So we spent Sundays watching football and placing $1 bets on who would win each game. The first complete year I knew of him being sober the niners won the superbowl with Young... been a die hard ever since and the pops has been sober for a decade now. Unfortunately now he is more of a Bronco's fan after moving to Colorado, but red & gold will always be my colors.

Damn, deep story, bro.
I was a Raiders fan until they left Oakland but I had liked the 9ers because they were the other bay area team. When the Raiders went to LA I became a full time niner fan. In that Era, both teams were pretty good.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
I was a Raiders fan until they left Oakland but I had liked the 9ers because they were the other bay area team. When the Raiders went to LA I became a full time niner fan. In that Era, both teams were pretty good.

Your love is for Oak
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
My dad loved the 49ers, hence the reason I do as well.

that is something my two daughters would say one grew up in the montana era,, another in the young era. when they got into a fight over who is the best quarterback, it was like being in the gambino household

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
i don't LOVE them..i just kinda sorta like them
if this is true, you can not be here
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Robert:
What's your Dad's name?
robert harris, dads name is kwayme
1-The Catch. I was at home and my dad was at the game. I don't remember the game so much or even the play as I watched it then. But I do remember EVERYONE going nuts. Most particularly my mother who thought my father would not make it home alive. I remember she was the only upset person in the room. I suppose my father's saftey in the ensuing chaos trumped the win.

2-The Drive. I moved from San Fransisco to Richmond Virginia in 85? Two super bowls had cemented my fandom. My dad had given me his team jacket from the 80/81 season which was apparently no longer cool in 1988. Though completely awesome now. Anyways I had to endure alot of teasing for my fashion sense and the fact that in 1988 everyone in SanFransisco was gay. 100% of the city apparently. Which was less cool than it is today. Regardless I wore my jacket proud and as the Redskings bowed out everyone in my school started doing the Icky shuffle. A kid a superbowl birthday party and I was the only 49ers fan. By the 4th quarter it felt like my whole life in Virginia was riding on Joe Montana. 92 yards later my fandom was forever cemented.

3-Steve Young-He will never be Joe but he sure got it done. Did he ever throw a ball you didn't think would be caught?

4-Jeff Garcia-Dude Jeff was the man. We should have never dumped him as our QB. Thought we could do better and we were wrong. The comeback vs. the Giants was amazing.

5-The Run-I don't think I was ever as electrified by a football play in my life as I was on the Alex Smith sprint out TD. Alex will need a superbowl to enter the big leagues but he can hang out with the second tier of 49ers QBs all day as far as I'm concerned.
Member Milestone: This is post number 2,400 for TheRickestRick.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Robert:
What's your Dad's name?
robert harris, dads name is kwayme

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VA49er:
1-The Catch. I was at home and my dad was at the game. I don't remember the game so much or even the play as I watched it then. But I do remember EVERYONE going nuts. Most particularly my mother who thought my father would not make it home alive. I remember she was the only upset person in the room. I suppose my father's saftey in the ensuing chaos trumped the win.

2-The Drive. I moved from San Fransisco to Richmond Virginia in 85? Two super bowls had cemented my fandom. My dad had given me his team jacket from the 80/81 season which was apparently no longer cool in 1988. Though completely awesome now. Anyways I had to endure alot of teasing for my fashion sense and the fact that in 1988 everyone in SanFransisco was gay. 100% of the city apparently. Which was less cool than it is today. Regardless I wore my jacket proud and as the Redskings bowed out everyone in my school started doing the Icky shuffle. A kid a superbowl birthday party and I was the only 49ers fan. By the 4th quarter it felt like my whole life in Virginia was riding on Joe Montana. 92 yards later my fandom was forever cemented.

3-Steve Young-He will never be Joe but he sure got it done. Did he ever throw a ball you didn't think would be caught?

4-Jeff Garcia-Dude Jeff was the man. We should have never dumped him as our QB. Thought we could do better and we were wrong. The comeback vs. the Giants was amazing.

5-The Run-I don't think I was ever as electrified by a football play in my life as I was on the Alex Smith sprint out TD. Alex will need a superbowl to enter the big leagues but he can hang out with the second tier of 49ers QBs all day as far as I'm concerned.
you would have liked the playoff game when brodie came off the bench , we were down by two scores very late and he pulled it out! you would have liked the ten sack performance by the gold rush on monday night football vs the lambs in 1976
Share 49ersWebzone