There are 254 users in the forums

Why do you love the niners?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Cuz they have way cool helmets.
jerry rice

i'm from ms
I was born in 1985 same yr he was drafted
went to the same college as him (ms valley stand up)

just seemed like destiny

I like the team only because of him in the beginning but as time went on I like the team more than the players
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 228niner:
jerry rice

i'm from ms
I was born in 1985 same yr he was drafted
went to the same college as him (ms valley stand up)

just seemed like destiny

I like the team only because of him in the beginning but as time went on I like the team more than the players
agree. since free agency there is no such thing as favorite players anymore. its the team, not the player. that is why when a x niner becomes a x niner they mean nothing to me
i love the 49ers because ive been around it for as long as i can remember i suppose lol... i got in a fight over it with another arizona cardinal fan too so that kinda put a check mark on the die hard list.
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
i love the 49ers because ive been around it for as long as i can remember i suppose lol... i got in a fight over it with another arizona cardinal fan too so that kinda put a check mark on the die hard list.

not so fast..you have end a life before you can check that off the list
My first memoy of the niners is watching Roger Craig run the football. Since I played running back in high school I wanted to model myself after him. Since I would watch the games to study him run, I got to watch the whole team. Got hook immediatly. Just watching all those players on both sides of the ball was amazing, Rice, Montana, Lott, Davis, Craig, Jesse Sapolu, to name a few. Like Robert said, he moved around alot and things change, but the niners were always there. That was over 20 years ago.
Born and raised in St. Louis and my foster father, rest his soul, was an insane 49er fan. His garage was converted into a class-A man-cave dedicated to the 49ers and St. Louis baseball Cardinals (and women were NOT allowed in, not even my foster mom). He had these large autographed framed photos of Gene Washington and Ozzie Smith on opposite walls. (I inherited those photos and are among my most prized possessions.) He was from California, but I never set foot there. He hated the football Cardinals, before and after they moved to Arizona, but loved the baseball Cardinals, and raised his children to be the same way. To this very day I have yet to come across a bigger 49er fan and baseball Cardinals fan - outside of myself. I still got a 49er kiddy helmet I got for Christmas from my foster father. My earliest memory of the 49ers is when I was about 5, when Montana orchestrated one of the NFL's greatest comebacks against the Saints. I remember my foster father going absolutely berserk and couldn't talk for a week. From that day on I've been a proud addict of the 49ers. And since then sports, in particular track and football, has been my life - playing, coaching, scouting and recruiting.

That's my story.
[ Edited by 9ersLiferInChicago on Jun 29, 2012 at 1:00 PM ]
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Born and raised in St. Louis and my foster father, rest his soul, was an insane 49er fan. His garage was converted into a class-A man-cave dedicated to the 49ers and St. Louis baseball Cardinals (and women were NOT allowed in, not even my foster mom). He had these large autographed framed photos of Gene Washington and Ozzie Smith on opposite walls. (I inherited those photos and are among my most prized possessions.) He was from California, but I never set foot there. He hated the football Cardinals, before and after they moved to Arizona, but loved the baseball Cardinals, and raised his children to be the same way. To this very day I have yet to come across a bigger 49er fan and baseball Cardinals fan - outside of myself. I still got a 49er kiddy helmet I got for Christmas from my foster father. My earliest memory of the 49ers is when I was about 5, when Montana orchestrated one of the NFL's greatest comebacks against the Saints. I remember my foster father going absolutely berserk and couldn't talk for a week. From that day on I've been a proud addict of the 49ers. And since then sports, in particular track and football, has been my life - playing, coaching, scouting and recruiting.

That's my story.

Great story, bro!
First game i saw them play was:

i was 11...i was hooked.
Originally posted by Rizvi49er:
First game i saw them play was:

i was 11...i was hooked.

White men CAN jump! And this one, I'm pretty sure, could walk on water too. LOL

because im gay
Niners are my life !!
Born in San Jose. My parents were born in San Francisco. It was always the team to root for in my house growing up, and no doubt I watched Niner games on TV as an infant before I even understood what I was watching.
Red and Gold pumps through my veins literally. My grandfather played for them! A die hard since I was born
  • mike
  • Veteran
My parents were never into football, when they watched sports it was usually hockey(Sharks). But my best friend was really into it growing up and we went to a game once(I don't even remember what was happening I was so young). At some point during these younger years someone gave me a kids sized Rice jersey.

I've also just always believed in rooting for local teams, and raiders fans always came off as thugs to me.

I can't say I'm diehard though, I went through stretches where I just didn't watch much football. and I've still only been to that one game(to be fair I live far away).
Share 49ersWebzone