There are 56 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Ted Ginn Jr. could be in danger of being cut.

Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Yes he has been stellar in red and gold. i have already said that. The point i am and have been making is that people want to Condemn KW for two punt returns he had no buisness returning to begin with. Coaching blunder for sure. They even left him back there after the first one.

The point is people want KW cut because of his performance as PR, not as WR. So i made the point that ginn was not alway the PR he is now and that it is a tough position to learn.

I am in no way argueing that KW is or ever will be a Beter Kick returner, just that it is silly to condemn a man who hadnt returned a punt in over a year and was forced to do so in the biggest game in a decade.
idaho is right. the coaches were f**king stupid that game and should share the blame, when he dove for the first punt that was a cry for help for gods sake, he should have put reggie smith or hunter in there. and as i have said many times, if the team was going to cut him for those messups, it would have been done already. the hate for this kid cuz of a couple of mistakes he made in a football game that is now ancient history and means nothing right now is unreal

The team needs bodies for TC, Harbaugh knows this. As much as I hate KW, I know that players get cut in TC and that I think KW will make it to the last cut. And January is not ancient history and does mean everything right now. We aren't guaranteed a trip to the NFCC game again. Ask Rodgers how hard it is to get back there, or Brees. Last year could very well have been our best shot (I don't necessarily believe thst it was) and the stars were aligned for us (1st round bye, home field throughout). Tht is, until KW decided to go full retard
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by cciowa:
idaho is right. the coaches were f**king stupid that game and should share the blame, when he dove for the first punt that was a cry for help for gods sake, he should have put reggie smith or hunter in there. and as i have said many times, if the team was going to cut him for those messups, it would have been done already. the hate for this kid cuz of a couple of mistakes he made in a football game that is now ancient history and means nothing right now is unreal

the decision should have been made to just let the punts fall. especially after the first blunder. Thats on harbaugh and seely. I love both but thats on them. They should have just said let it his the floor and forget about it. Instead they put him back out there. They were probally looking for a big play, especially since he had the nice kick return and the offense was stagnant. We needed a big play from anybody. He made a couple really bad mistakes yes, but he didnt singlehandedly lose the game by any means. People always like to bring up the score before the blunder a if the game had ended or something. there was still alot of football. no guarantee we would have won regardless.

Good point

The coaches should have told him to fake the fair catch and let it bounce, especially on that wet field
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,236
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
the decision should have been made to just let the punts fall. especially after the first blunder. Thats on harbaugh and seely. I love both but thats on them. They should have just said let it his the floor and forget about it. Instead they put him back out there. They were probally looking for a big play, especially since he had the nice kick return and the offense was stagnant. We needed a big play from anybody. He made a couple really bad mistakes yes, but he didnt singlehandedly lose the game by any means. People always like to bring up the score before the blunder a if the game had ended or something. there was still alot of football. no guarantee we would have won regardless.
i feel comfortable saying this to you as this makes some posters nuts but between you and me and whoever else is reading,, the coaches were crap that day , from calling a reverse in awfull weather conditions to not pulling kyle or telling him to back away from the ball to putting justin smith in to block on a crucial third and one which failed, there were sooo many little things in that game that made up the final result
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,236
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
The team needs bodies for TC, Harbaugh knows this. As much as I hate KW, I know that players get cut in TC and that I think KW will make it to the last cut. And January is not ancient history and does mean everything right now. We aren't guaranteed a trip to the NFCC game again. Ask Rodgers how hard it is to get back there, or Brees. Last year could very well have been our best shot (I don't necessarily believe thst it was) and the stars were aligned for us (1st round bye, home field throughout). Tht is, until KW decided to go full retard

agree that kyle vs whoever will go down to the last day as will dixon vs brandon j if he gets beat out cuz someone outplayed him in pre season, i got no problem with that
Member Milestone: This is post number 800 for IdahoNiner.
Originally posted by cciowa:
i feel comfortable saying this to you as this makes some posters nuts but between you and me and whoever else is reading,, the coaches were crap that day , from calling a reverse in awfull weather conditions to not pulling kyle or telling him to back away from the ball to putting justin smith in to block on a crucial third and one which failed, there were sooo many little things in that game that made up the final result

Totaly agree. they got too "cute" that game. Me calling them cute has pissed other fans off as well, so welcome to the club. As good as the coaching staff was last year, and they were pretty amazing, they did have a couple boneheaded games where i felt they got a bit to "cute". The NFC championship was definitely one of those games.

But thats why its the greatest team sport in the world. No single person loses and no single person wins a game.
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Jun 28, 2012 at 9:39 PM ]
Originally posted by cciowa:
who is to say he is not turning that corner right now. you have seen the reports that he is in great shape and mentally has not let the giants thing linger. he is also practicing kick returns in ota so the theory floated by some that he will not be allowed to return kicks this year has been blown out of the water already.the man makes a couple mistakes and he has no brains. wow. I am glad the zone was not around when roger craig fumbled the ball. I am sorry but there is just a childish mob mentality when it comes to kyle williams around here. if that raises my warning level, so be it

Craig is a Niner legend who helped the 49ers win multiple SBs. He's one of the all time greats to wear red and gold. Multiple SBs, multiple pro bowls, multiple all pros. His cough up was during one of the greatest dynasties in the history of sports. The Niners were expected to be there year in and year out. Totally different to to today's Niners after the gloomy decade we just went through. To put KW in the same sentence as Craig is an incredulous insult to Roger Craig.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,236
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Craig is a Niner legend who helped the 49ers win multiple SBs. He's one of the all time greats to wear red and gold. Multiple SBs, multiple pro bowls, multiple all pros. His cough up was during one of the greatest dynasties in the history of sports. The Niners were expected to be there year in and year out. Totally different to to today's Niners after the gloomy decade we just went through. To put KW in the same sentence as Craig is an incredulous insult to Roger Craig.

to blame a guy for making mistakes in a game which was filled with mistakes and bad coaching decisions and to continue to spew venom at him five months after the game, which is ancient history now, is illogical. by the way legend or not, you know darn good and well that had the web zone been around in 1990, craig would have been roasted alive. I do not get caught up the greatness of a player. they are both niners, they both made mistakes in a big game, they will always been connected in niner history just like third and three
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,236
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Totaly agree. they got too "cute" that game. Me calling them cute has pissed other fans off as well, so welcome to the club. As good as the coaching staff was last year, and they were pretty amazing, they did have a couple boneheaded games where i felt they got a bit to "cute". The NFC championship was definitely one of those games.

But thats why its the greatest team sport in the world. No single person loses and no single person wins a game.
good lord., when you use that word cute, half of the webzone loses thier minds i went through that as well
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
i don't post any totally false stats Ginn 98 PR's (fact) 223 KR's (fact) Ginn lost 6 fumbles (Fact)
Williams 5 punts (fact) 8 kicks (fact) lost 2 fumbles (fact)


More facts for you that debunk the fact that Ginn was on his way out of the league

2007- 9th in punt returns
2010- the year he was about to be run out of the league he was 3rd
2011- 4th (actually worse than the year you said he was about to be run out of the league)

2007- 3rd in kick/punt return yards
2009- 7th
2011- 6th

Ginn was obviously terrible in Miami I could go on for days

Here's your link which according to you is totally false
http://www.pro-football-reference.com

add enough to the discussion?

You didn't list 2008. You know why? Because he was benched for muffing punts. Picking and choosing the stats you report makes the whole argument look bad.
2011 Return Statistics

Ted Ginn - 29 Kickoff Returns, 38 Punt Returns, 0 Fumbles
Kyle Williams - 4 Kickoff Returns, 2 Punt Returns, 2 Fumbles

/thread
I cant warm up to the thought of kw handling any return duties, I've tried, just can't do it. I firmly believe the football gods have cursed him and he will phwuck up again in turn f%@k us again.

I cant shake it yall
I don't think we will see KW handling any of the ST duties. I believe he has the ability but as many have said, KW and all of us have been mentally scarred by that sequence of events. In any case Ginn makes the team for his return abilities alone, plus that cool fly sweep.

As for KW, I honestly believe he will be one of the better WRs on this team. He runs good routes, his hands can be a little inconsistent but that seems to be a common occurrence with the Niners nowadays. He is a fluid player, very quick off the line and has very good top end speed as well. Kid seems to put in the work and if we are picking based on who our best players are, I am confident he will make the team. KW can play, we need to get over his mistakes. Our whole O other than Vernon sucked that day, as did several coaching decisions. Biggest game of his life, difficult conditions, difficult circumstances. He may or may never be a "clutch" player, who knows? However, if he earns it out there he has the right to put on the jersey.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,236
Originally posted by GoldenJoe:
I don't think we will see KW handling any of the ST duties. I believe he has the ability but as many have said, KW and all of us have been mentally scarred by that sequence of events. In any case Ginn makes the team for his return abilities alone, plus that cool fly sweep.

As for KW, I honestly believe he will be one of the better WRs on this team. He runs good routes, his hands can be a little inconsistent but that seems to be a common occurrence with the Niners nowadays. He is a fluid player, very quick off the line and has very good top end speed as well. Kid seems to put in the work and if we are picking based on who our best players are, I am confident he will make the team. KW can play, we need to get over his mistakes. Our whole O other than Vernon sucked that day, as did several coaching decisions. Biggest game of his life, difficult conditions, difficult circumstances. He may or may never be a "clutch" player, who knows? However, if he earns it out there he has the right to put on the jersey.
please. if i had a picture of susweets cat jumping off the ledge i would use it. No one is emotionally scarred by that game and if you are,, you need to seek help. kyle is not emotionally scarred by this unless you have some relationship with his therapist. if he was, he would have went fishing with woods this off season. Instead he has put on some muscle and worked his ass off to make this team. he also was allowed to practice kick and punt returns in otas so that tells me no one is slashing thier wrists because of what occured in a game five months ago that means nothing now. I agree with alot of your post but i sort of wish you would have left off the mentally scarred thing. it is not that tragic for most including the players and coaches. They will all use that as motivation to go a little further this coming year.emotionally scarred is when you turn on your faucets in the morning and blood comes rushing out of them. that is usually a sign that an ex girlfriend who i hate will be calling me
Originally posted by cciowa:
please. if i had a picture of susweets cat jumping off the ledge i would use it.


  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,236
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by cciowa:
please. if i had a picture of susweets cat jumping off the ledge i would use it.


thank you! i know people like susweet and his cat hate kyle but i really do not think anyone is emotionally scarred from that game.