There are 73 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Where Would Arnaz Battle be on our current depth chart?

Where Would Arnaz Battle be on our current depth chart?

I would like to create a new baseball type of Mendoza line but for 49ers wide receivers.

We can call it the Battle Standard.

Where would Arnaz Battle fall on our depth chart? He was, at one point, our number 1 receiver.
Of course, that was a sign of how bad we really were.

Where would you put him on our current depth chart? We should be able to identify the quality
of our wide receiving corps by where Arnaz Battle would land. If he is near the bottom of our
depth chart, then we are in good shape. If he gets too high up, then we've gotta look for new
receivers.
[ Edited by Psinex on Jun 26, 2012 at 11:31 AM ]
broken legs from our defense. lol
Probably a number 4 wr. Dude was better a WR than KW, Ginn and probably AJ right now.
Wasn't he a QB in college? He'd be at least the back-up QB
Arnaz in his prime Would probably be our fourth guy with AJ giving him a run for his money. I wish he would have panned out for us solid dude.

wouldnt be on the team

lets not overrate a guy that was ok on some of the worst offenses in the history of the nfl
He wouldn't make our current team. AJ would bump him...not because he's a better player (yet) but because of potential. Ginn would bump him because of Special teams. Everyone else on the team is a better WR.

I loved battle. He played with a lot of heart.
Originally posted by H41L5ATAN:
Arnaz in his prime Would probably be our fourth guy with AJ giving him a run for his money. I wish he would have panned out for us solid dude.

You can't be serious...

Battle was a solid receiver but the only reason he stuck around for as long as he did here was because we had trash for talent. Kyle Williams in his second year was a much better slot receiver than Battle ever was and sounds like Kyle has only improved.

Technically he would be behind Moss, Crabtree, Manningham, Williams and AJ Jenkins would get the nod over him just by being a first round rook. He may be ahead of Ted Ginn as a receiver but if we keep 6 receivers it will not be because Ginn is a good receiver, it will be because of his return ability. Battle would be cut. Simple as that.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Still love me some razzle dazzle Arnaz Battle lol

one of my favorite bad players
His past chemistry with Alex in mind, I'd have said # 3 (for 2012) if it were not for his age + troubled knee/foot/ankle issues.

1. Moss
2. Crabtree
3. Manningham

4-6. battle between Jenkins, Battle, Ginn, and KW. (obviously, Jenkins and likely Ginn would be "safe" from being released)

Last year after losing Morgan vs the Bucs, Battle would have been our # 2.
water boy
Not trying to be a dick but in all seriousness who cares? I used to be a fan of his and kind of reminded me of a Hines Ward prototype but this guy was not anything that special. If that is the case where would Mike Sherrard be?
3rd QB behind Kap...
Originally posted by oldman9er:
His past chemistry with Alex in mind, I'd have said # 3 (for 2012) if it were not for his age + troubled knee/foot/ankle issues.

1. Moss
2. Crabtree
3. Manningham

4-6. battle between Jenkins, Battle, Ginn, and KW. (obviously, Jenkins and likely Ginn would be "safe" from being released)

#3 last season, imo. but yeah that's who he would have to compete with before he was released :) KW is a better WR imo. Of course, that may just appear that way because battle was dealing with #1 CBs.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by oldman9er:

1. Moss
2. Crabtree
3. Manningham

#3 last season, imo. but yeah that's who he would have to compete with before he was released :) KW is a better WR imo. Of course, that may just appear that way because battle was dealing with #1 CBs.

That's kind of a good point. Since Battle was our number 1 receiver, he had to line up against the other teams' number 1 CB's too. Can you imagine having to pass to an offense that featured Arnaz Battle, Curtis Conway, Bryan Gilmore, and Taylor Jacobs? No wonder why Alex had all those interceptions back then. No separation and the CB's were probably in better position to catch the ball than his own receivers.