There are 252 users in the forums

Where Would Arnaz Battle be on our current depth chart?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Where Would Arnaz Battle be on our current depth chart?

Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by oldman9er:
His past chemistry with Alex in mind, I'd have said # 3 (for 2012) if it were not for his age + troubled knee/foot/ankle issues.

1. Moss
2. Crabtree
3. Manningham

4-6. battle between Jenkins, Battle, Ginn, and KW. (obviously, Jenkins and likely Ginn would be "safe" from being released)

Last year after losing Morgan vs the Bucs, Battle would have been our # 2.

#3 last season, imo. but yeah that's who he would have to compete with before he was released :) KW is a better WR imo. Of course, that may just appear that way because battle was dealing with #1 CBs.

- Aside from Crabtree who would Battle have been behind in 2011 after Morgan fell to injury?

- Agree that I liked what I saw of KW as a WR. Would be a tough call for me. This is our SB year, so are we better with the youth, speed, and potential of KW? Or better with the experience, great run blocks, and hands from Arnaz?

( haha, either way, it doesn't matter... what matters is we now have a bunch of good depth at WR )
He was one of my favorite niners, look at my name. But he would probably be cut.
On the practice squad if he was eligible.
He would be our starting QB
Comparing Battle to the Mendoza line is pretty appropriate, I just don't think you realized it when you created the poll.
Kyle Williams might be better.
I posted the poll to see where other people thought Battle might fall because the standard of mediocrity is sometimes difficult to define. It's also relative.
Back in 2005 to 2009 we as Niners fans were exposed to some of the most mediocre wide receivers the league has ever known. Somehow Battle emerged as our best option.

Those were dark times.

6th but because he has heart lets add PJ Fleck so at least he beats out someone.
I liked Battle as a crafty vet possession receiver. He had a good rapport with Smith and somehow found openings in the defense despite being the only legit target most of the time. That said, I don't see him making this team. Too many players with higher upsides.

KW might be the only guy who would have difficulty beating out Battle. Battle played special teams and was a very good influence in the locker room...so he had added value. Williams should not play special teams again unless it is kick coverage.
I don't know

If it was up to maddog, he wouldnt made him #1. He loved him some Arnaz Battle. HAHAHA. He also loved him some Derek Smith and Eric Heitman, but hated Soapoaga and claimed Ahmad Brooks was crap.
He's a smart guy. And he seems to have some rapport with Smith when he as here. So I would put him 4th behind Manningham fighting for a place with K. William. And might be endanger of losing out to Kyle.
He would be on the IR. dude was always hurt. Healthy, he would be our 3rd or 4th. Dude put up 686 and 600 in 06 and 07 when we got crap play out of our QBs and had crap offense.
The TS never stated whether or not he'd be a QB or a WR.
Originally posted by Psinex:
I posted the poll to see where other people thought Battle might fall because the standard of mediocrity is sometimes difficult to define. It's also relative.
Back in 2005 to 2009 we as Niners fans were exposed to some of the most mediocre wide receivers the league has ever known. Somehow Battle emerged as our best option.

Those were dark times.

Isaac Bruce was legit.
Share 49ersWebzone