LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 264 users in the forums

Will Kaepernick become like Brian Brohm??

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Will Kaepernick become like Brian Brohm??

Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by susweel:
All Im saying at least give the kid a chance before you guys write him off.

alex had a pretty decent 2nd year

i dont think any1 is writing kaep off but it doesnt seem like he made much of an improvement from his rookie year

This is basically Kaeps rookie year, because of last years lockout. How do you expect him to learn the WCO offense in a shortened offseason? Joe Montana said it takes atleast two years, so ill take his word over any Kaep Hater

im not hating on kaep all i said is there doesnt seem to be much improvement from last year we will see if thats true when preseason starts but as of now NO there doesnt seem to be any improvement

he had the whole season as he didnt have to worry too much about game planning and this off season

according to harbaugh this offseason alex knows it as much as the coaches

How much improvement did you want from him, when he didn't get an offseason last year? this is his first offseason, you get that right? basically his rookie year. Everyone knew he was going to be a project , so i dont see why people are jumping to conclusions, after his FIRST OFFSEASON.

Also, does he not get the opputunity to build chemistry with receivers? The same receivers that run the wrong routes.

In the articles i read, he seems to be rolling right, which tells me the O_line is doing a poor job in blocking again
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Its amazing that some of the people writing off Kaep are the same people that made excuses and had 7 years of patience with Alex. Just funny to me.

It would be amazing, funny, and wrong if people were actually writing him off. No one really is though... If you want to twist into such a hypocritical conspiracy, well, no one can stop you... but there doesn't seem to be any substance behind such a conclusion.

This must be your first time in a Colin Kaepernick thread.

I've been in most of the CK threads and do not see a coorelation between Smith supporter and CK detractors. If anything, there is some kidding going on and some one upsmanship tongue in cheek comments. When you hear folks saying Smith should be cut so CK can start it sets up an unrealistic comparison...vet vs rookie+.

For my part I have always liked both QBs and see no reason to bash either. CK could surprise everyone and out play all others in TC...or Tolzien...or they could switch Miller to QB and he might be very good...or...

In my opinion, Kaepernick could be the next Randall Cunnnigham, or he could be a complete bust. NO ONE KNOWS. The fact that ANYone is writing him off, or claiming he will be _____, is ridiculous. I like CK. I hope he turns out. But I cant say with any sort of certainty either way. And quite frankly, it amazes me that anyone could have a strong opinion either way.
How much improvement did you want from him, when he didn't get an offseason last year? this is his first offseason, you get that right? basically his rookie year. Everyone knew he was going to be a project , so i dont see why people are jumping to conclusions, after his FIRST OFFSEASON.

Also, does he not get the opputunity to build chemistry with receivers? The same receivers that run the wrong routes.

In the articles i read, he seems to be rolling right, which tells me the O_line is doing a poor job in blocking again

Not one minute more than seven years...then we can all demand that the 9ers bring back Carr!
What's funny is during the 2 minute drills the 1st team offense faces the 2nd team D and the 2nd team O faces the 1st team D.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Its amazing that some of the people writing off Kaep are the same people that made excuses and had 7 years of patience with Alex. Just funny to me.

It would be amazing, funny, and wrong if people were actually writing him off. No one really is though... If you want to twist into such a hypocritical conspiracy, well, no one can stop you... but there doesn't seem to be any substance behind such a conclusion.

This must be your first time in a Colin Kaepernick thread.

I've been in most of the CK threads and do not see a coorelation between Smith supporter and CK detractors. If anything, there is some kidding going on and some one upsmanship tongue in cheek comments. When you hear folks saying Smith should be cut so CK can start it sets up an unrealistic comparison...vet vs rookie+.

For my part I have always liked both QBs and see no reason to bash either. CK could surprise everyone and out play all others in TC...or Tolzien...or they could switch Miller to QB and he might be very good...or...

In my opinion, Kaepernick could be the next Randall Cunnnigham, or he could be a complete bust. NO ONE KNOWS. The fact that ANYone is writing him off, or claiming he will be _____, is ridiculous. I like CK. I hope he turns out. But I cant say with any sort of certainty either way. And quite frankly, it amazes me that anyone could have a strong opinion either way.

As previous poster stated I think a majority of people are only doing it to get a kick out of certain people. To me it's funny how people can sit and talk negative about the starting QB, but you can't say anything about the back-up. I personally don't have any vendetta against the guy because he could take Alex's job sometime down the line, but the guys a project pick. Project picks take time, thus the term project pick. Not to worried about his developement at this point in the season. Hopefully more than anything he's getting some kinks worked out. My only concern is if he's ready to be our #2, and if not him is Tolzien or Johnson capable? As you said nobody knows yet.
Hated the pick and don't think he'll ever see the field...but I'm obviously rooting against my intuitions.

Not one minute more than seven years...then we can all demand that the 9ers bring back Carr!

Agreed...but i was thinking of bringing back Tim Rattay!
[ Edited by Bay2Bay9erAllday on Jun 14, 2012 at 11:13 AM ]
Hey maybe Kaep is just the Jeff Garcia of practices.... aye.....aye?

but seriously I'm worried about this part of the article.

"Kaepernick often appears to aim his throws that require touch instead of using his natural throwing motion."

it seems like as much as they said they would try to not mess with his natural motion too much.....they might have.

but this is Harbaugh and Baalke...and I have trust in them, so maybe in the long run it will be for the better.
Way too early to write off CK, but those who said this offseason that CK will overtake Smith are getting a bitter taste of reality. The guy is not even close to being NFL ready as a starter.

Agreed...but i was thinking of bringing back Tim Rattay!

he was the last QB to throw for 400+ yards for us....and that was with Brandon Lloyd (the 9er one) and Cedric Wilson.

Rattay would be KILLING with our WCO and new weapons!

Come at me Alex Bros!

Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Way too early to write off CK, but those who said this offseason that CK will overtake Smith are getting a bitter taste of reality. The guy is not even close to being NFL ready as a starter.

Yeah. At least we have a clear cut starter.

Seahawks and Cardinals are scratching their heads regarding their starting QB.
Jeff Garcia sucked in practice, just sayin.
It's OTAs guys. I've said this many times before...one way or another what happens in OTAs isn't important.

Training camp and pre-season that's when we actually see where each guy stands.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
he was the last QB to throw for 400+ yards for us....and that was with Brandon Lloyd (the 9er one) and Cedric Wilson.

Rattay would be KILLING with our WCO and new weapons!

Come at me Alex Bros!

So you're saying he's Cam Newton

No lets be fair and give him only 4 years being that he's a second round pick and needs to bend his knee
Share 49ersWebzone