LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

Will Kaepernick become like Brian Brohm??

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Will Kaepernick become like Brian Brohm??

Why Brian Brohm and not Elvis Grbac

EDIT: I got Jeff (our backup QB in 97) and Brian Brohm mixed up
[ Edited by JerryRice1848 on Jun 14, 2012 at 12:16 PM ]
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
How much improvement did you want from him, when he didn't get an offseason last year? this is his first offseason, you get that right? basically his rookie year. Everyone knew he was going to be a project , so i dont see why people are jumping to conclusions, after his FIRST OFFSEASON.

Also, does he not get the opputunity to build chemistry with receivers? The same receivers that run the wrong routes.

In the articles i read, he seems to be rolling right, which tells me the O_line is doing a poor job in blocking again

chemistry is built in TC and OTA and used in game you build chemistry by hitting your WR in OTA and minicamp

and having offseason has nothing to do with missing an open moss or overthrowing aj jenkins i believe for int. - especially when this is no contact and there is no pass rush. IT would be different if this was a game and h e was missing his WR- i would say its probably due to not knowing his WR ro well but in an open pocket that shouldn't happen also this is 2nd year in offense. The whole last year for alex or kaep you can use the lack of offense as a reason for passing offense not exploding because it would be a miracle for any offense to be great with no off season learning a new system. But after a whole year they should have at least the basis of the offense down and i really dont see them installing much new material in OTA and minicamps

thats what TC is for
Cant wait for some Kaepernick TD's maybe next year......doesnt look like he's ready yet.....
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Kaepernick is more behind the ball than AS was when he came into the NFL. He came from POS offense and played POS competition. Not only that, he's lanky and doesn't have a true NFL QB body type. I feel like this is going to be the one pick that Harbaalke miss on. He also looks like a tool.

If JJ plays better in the preseason, he should be QB2 because if AS goes down, I have ZERO faith in CK.

I agree with this.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by susweel:
All Im saying at least give the kid a chance before you guys write him off.

alex had a pretty decent 2nd year

i dont think any1 is writing kaep off but it doesnt seem like he made much of an improvement from his rookie year

This is basically Kaeps rookie year, because of last years lockout. How do you expect him to learn the WCO offense in a shortened offseason? Joe Montana said it takes atleast two years, so ill take his word over any Kaep Hater

Joe actually said it took him three years
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Its amazing that some of the people writing off Kaep are the same people that made excuses and had 7 years of patience with Alex. Just funny to me.

It would be amazing, funny, and wrong if people were actually writing him off. No one really is though... If you want to twist into such a hypocritical conspiracy, well, no one can stop you... but there doesn't seem to be any substance behind such a conclusion.

This must be your first time in a Colin Kaepernick thread.

I've been in most of the CK threads and do not see a coorelation between Smith supporter and CK detractors. If anything, there is some kidding going on and some one upsmanship tongue in cheek comments. When you hear folks saying Smith should be cut so CK can start it sets up an unrealistic comparison...vet vs rookie+.

For my part I have always liked both QBs and see no reason to bash either. CK could surprise everyone and out play all others in TC...or Tolzien...or they could switch Miller to QB and he might be very good...or...

In my opinion, Kaepernick could be the next Randall Cunnnigham, or he could be a complete bust. NO ONE KNOWS. The fact that ANYone is writing him off, or claiming he will be _____, is ridiculous. I like CK. I hope he turns out. But I cant say with any sort of certainty either way. And quite frankly, it amazes me that anyone could have a strong opinion either way.

I like CK as well, and hope he pans out, but you are absolutely right, it is too early to tell. The kid comes from an offense even more gimmicky than the one Smith came from, you gotta give these kinds of guys time to learn to play under center and read defenses. Hope the same impatient suckers who dogged Smith don't start doggin CK, he is even more of a project than Smith was, but he does have the advantage that Smith did not, a real NFL quality QB developing coach. That could be huge.
Originally posted by kush:
What's funny is during the 2 minute drills the 1st team offense faces the 2nd team D and the 2nd team O faces the 1st team D.

Not yesterday man
Originally posted by Afrikan:
How much improvement did you want from him, when he didn't get an offseason last year? this is his first offseason, you get that right? basically his rookie year. Everyone knew he was going to be a project , so i dont see why people are jumping to conclusions, after his FIRST OFFSEASON.

Also, does he not get the opputunity to build chemistry with receivers? The same receivers that run the wrong routes.

In the articles i read, he seems to be rolling right, which tells me the O_line is doing a poor job in blocking again

Not one minute more than seven years...then we can all demand that the 9ers bring back Carr!

Agreed...but i was thinking of bringing back Tim Rattay!

he was the last QB to throw for 400+ yards for us....and that was with Brandon Lloyd (the 9er one) and Cedric Wilson.

Rattay would be KILLING with our WCO and new weapons!

Come at me Alex Bros!

As gutsy as Rattay was, he could never have taken the beating that Smith has, he was an injury waiting to happen.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

chemistry is built in TC and OTA and used in game you build chemistry by hitting your WR in OTA and minicamp

and having offseason has nothing to do with missing an open moss or overthrowing aj jenkins i believe for int. - especially when this is no contact and there is no pass rush. IT would be different if this was a game and h e was missing his WR- i would say its probably due to not knowing his WR ro well but in an open pocket that shouldn't happen also this is 2nd year in offense. The whole last year for alex or kaep you can use the lack of offense as a reason for passing offense not exploding because it would be a miracle for any offense to be great with no off season learning a new system. But after a whole year they should have at least the basis of the offense down and i really dont see them installing much new material in OTA and minicamps

thats what TC is for

So what exactly are you saying? Tolzien, Johnson, and kaep suck because they've been off in OTA? Lmao

Can't even wait for TC or preseason, to see if hes improved

I have faith that Harbaugh will help him develop as we along, but sounds like you already made up your mind on kaep, based on OTA.
one thing is certain. Tolzien doesnt seem to want to bow out without a fight. May the best man win the backup role.

Originally posted by Memphis9er:
What's funny is during the 2 minute drills the 1st team offense faces the 2nd team D and the 2nd team O faces the 1st team D.

Not yesterday man

yes yesterday man, check Barrows' blog

He specifically says Alex was going against the 2's during the 2 minute drill.

Not one minute more than seven years...then we can all demand that the 9ers bring back Carr!

he was the last QB to throw for 400+ yards for us....and that was with Brandon Lloyd (the 9er one) and Cedric Wilson.

Come at me Alex Bros!

As gutsy as Rattay was, he could never have taken the beating that Smith has, he was an injury waiting to happen.

funny I was going to end that post with how Rattay might not have been as durable as Alex though....

so yes I agree with you....that is one thing I'm worried about if we do move on from Alex for some reason....will the next QB we settle for be as durable as Alex has been these past few season. Sure he might have missed a few games a couple of years ago, but there were many hits that happened in that span where he could've easily been gone for much longer.

I was worried about Kaep, but he seems to have put on weight...still worried about his legs though.....JJ is the one I'm more worried about though because he seems to have a small frame, compared to the other two. (205lbs vs 217&230)

Not yesterday man

yes yesterday man, check Barrows' blog

He specifically says Alex was going against the 2's during the 2 minute drill.

Barrows iz an Alex hater.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Kaepernick is more behind the ball than AS was when he came into the NFL. He came from POS offense and played POS competition. Not only that, he's lanky and doesn't have a true NFL QB body type. I feel like this is going to be the one pick that Harbaalke miss on. He also looks like a tool.

If JJ plays better in the preseason, he should be QB2 because if AS goes down, I have ZERO faith in CK.

I agree with this.
POS offense?....Colin also played Cal defense when it was one of the tops in the nation....let alone facing Bosie state. Colin is 6'5 230lbs. He has a similar body to Randell Cunningham who ended up playing till his mid 30s...sure he was injured here and there...but he also played in a different time where QBs were not protected. Colin also plays in a QB friendly offense where he has play makers around him that he just needs to get the ball to. If he had to come in, he wouldn't be expected be the team's whole offense.

but I agree if JJ plays better in the preseason, he should be the #2 QB. But before making a decision..hopefully Johnson gets time early in the game to face the same defense Colin might have to face....and vice versa

also in this thread, we learn Leathaface is NOT attracted to Males who look like Tools....otherwise, he is single and ready to mingle.

Come at me Alex Bros!

funny I was going to end that post with how Rattay might not have been as durable as Alex though....

so yes I agree with you....that is one thing I'm worried about if we do move on from Alex for some reason....will the next QB we settle for be as durable as Alex has been these past few season. Sure he might have missed a few games a couple of years ago, but there were many hits that happened in that span where he could've easily been gone for much longer.

I was worried about Kaep, but he seems to have put on weight...still worried about his legs though.....JJ is the one I'm more worried about though because he seems to have a small frame, compared to the other two. (205lbs vs 217&230)

Hopefully we get a few more good years out of Alex until one of the back ups is groomed to start, I am sure the coaches will get one of them ready to go at least.
Share 49ersWebzone