LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 270 users in the forums

Will Kaepernick become like Brian Brohm??

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Will Kaepernick become like Brian Brohm??

Practice without pads. There performances right now mean almost nothing.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
How much improvement did you want from him, when he didn't get an offseason last year? this is his first offseason, you get that right? basically his rookie year. Everyone knew he was going to be a project , so i dont see why people are jumping to conclusions, after his FIRST OFFSEASON.

Also, does he not get the opputunity to build chemistry with receivers? The same receivers that run the wrong routes.

In the articles i read, he seems to be rolling right, which tells me the O_line is doing a poor job in blocking again

Not one minute more than seven years...then we can all demand that the 9ers bring back Carr!

Agreed...but i was thinking of bringing back Tim Rattay!

he was the last QB to throw for 400+ yards for us....and that was with Brandon Lloyd (the 9er one) and Cedric Wilson.

Rattay would be KILLING with our WCO and new weapons!

Come at me Alex Bros!

As gutsy as Rattay was, he could never have taken the beating that Smith has, he was an injury waiting to happen.

funny I was going to end that post with how Rattay might not have been as durable as Alex though....

so yes I agree with you....that is one thing I'm worried about if we do move on from Alex for some reason....will the next QB we settle for be as durable as Alex has been these past few season. Sure he might have missed a few games a couple of years ago, but there were many hits that happened in that span where he could've easily been gone for much longer.

I was worried about Kaep, but he seems to have put on weight...still worried about his legs though.....JJ is the one I'm more worried about though because he seems to have a small frame, compared to the other two. (205lbs vs 217&230)

Hopefully we get a few more good years out of Alex until one of the back ups is groomed to start, I am sure the coaches will get one of them ready to go at least.
This is where it gets weird at the WebZone, where both of us switch sides for a few minutes...

but yeah if Alex plays to his potential, which is to the level that Aaron Rodgers is at right now imo (AR > Brady, Manning)....then there is no need worry about grooming out back ups to start. Alex will be signed to a long term contract. Our Backups will be kept around until they feel its time for them to try else where.
Originally posted by DirtyP:
Practice without pads. There performances right now mean almost nothing.

Unless they can be used to trash a Niner player, then they are twice as important as real games...just ask Sus.
kaep is about 2 yrs away from being nfl ready. imo
The history of 2nd round QB success is dreadful. There is about one successful 2nd round QB per decade. Sure, some 3rd or other later rounders have worked out, but if you look specifically at 2nd round QB selections, it's rather depressing and a pretty astonishing sight when you look at the failures.
Food for thought, I guess Kaep looked better today...

25m Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch
#49ers Colin Kaepernick was very sharp today -- a "near-perfect" day per Harbaugh, who had Kaepernick with 1 incompletion (2 drops).
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by rubbersoul80:

#49ers Colin Kaepernick was very sharp today -- a "near-perfect" day per Harbaugh, who had Kaepernick with 1 incompletion (2 drops).

so does that mean we are not gonna cut him now ?
Originally posted by susweel:

of course not Silly..

it means someone needs to hurry up and start a new Poll.

who should start Alex or Kaep?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
hey I am glad he did well and no one really wants him cut(at least not true fans), I am not a hater. I just question those who say he should be the starter. truth be,, I want him to be the second string guy cuz we moved up to get him. i just want a solid number two. This is not a ck hater vs ck lover thing, at least not with me. I was just having fun with those who think he should be the starter. I am very pleased he had a great camp today, I think what we all learn is never get to high after one day and never get to low after one day, its a marathon not a sprint

of course not Silly..

it means someone needs to hurry up and start a new Poll.

who should start Alex or Kaep?

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by cciowa:
hey I am glad he did well and no one really wants him cut(at least not true fans), I am not a hater. I just question those who say he should be the starter. truth be,, I want him to be the second string guy cuz we moved up to get him. i just want a solid number two. This is not a ck hater vs ck lover thing, at least not with me. I was just having fun with those who think he should be the starter. I am very pleased he had a great camp today, I think what we all learn is never get to high after one day and never get to low after one day, its a marathon not a sprint

I agree

Bleh. All lies designed to coddle young Kaepernick. He probably just threw lil sis-passes all day to get his weak and fragile confidence up.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
How much improvement did you want from him, when he didn't get an offseason last year? this is his first offseason, you get that right? basically his rookie year. Everyone knew he was going to be a project , so i dont see why people are jumping to conclusions, after his FIRST OFFSEASON.

Also, does he not get the opputunity to build chemistry with receivers? The same receivers that run the wrong routes.

In the articles i read, he seems to be rolling right, which tells me the O_line is doing a poor job in blocking again

Not one minute more than seven years...then we can all demand that the 9ers bring back Carr!

Agreed...but i was thinking of bringing back Tim Rattay!

he was the last QB to throw for 400+ yards for us....and that was with Brandon Lloyd (the 9er one) and Cedric Wilson.

Rattay would be KILLING with our WCO and new weapons!

Come at me Alex Bros!

As gutsy as Rattay was, he could never have taken the beating that Smith has, he was an injury waiting to happen.

funny I was going to end that post with how Rattay might not have been as durable as Alex though....

so yes I agree with you....that is one thing I'm worried about if we do move on from Alex for some reason....will the next QB we settle for be as durable as Alex has been these past few season. Sure he might have missed a few games a couple of years ago, but there were many hits that happened in that span where he could've easily been gone for much longer.

I was worried about Kaep, but he seems to have put on weight...still worried about his legs though.....JJ is the one I'm more worried about though because he seems to have a small frame, compared to the other two. (205lbs vs 217&230)

Hopefully we get a few more good years out of Alex until one of the back ups is groomed to start, I am sure the coaches will get one of them ready to go at least.
This is where it gets weird at the WebZone, where both of us switch sides for a few minutes...

but yeah if Alex plays to his potential, which is to the level that Aaron Rodgers is at right now imo (AR > Brady, Manning)....then there is no need worry about grooming out back ups to start. Alex will be signed to a long term contract. Our Backups will be kept around until they feel its time for them to try else where.

this
http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2012/06/harbaugh-near-perfect-day-for-qb-kaepernick.html

Its not even training camp yet. He'll be fine.
[ Edited by eastbay49er on Jun 14, 2012 at 4:55 PM ]

he needs to work on his hands, shouldn't have any drops
Share 49ersWebzone