There are 85 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Stadium Webcam

Originally posted by THEB:
So now that some of the steel is up right in front of the webcam...we cant see crap! lol They need to move the webcam way higher up or something

I also wish they would stop that camera sweep way to the left that shows the substation. nothing to see over there.
and if there was something to see over there, they dont leave the camera in that position long enough to see it!
Thanks for the answer to my question Born49R


Guys, I would think if someone with twitter would send Jed York and/or Scott Kegley a tweet saying we are really enjoying the cameras on the stadium. Quite a few of us check in daily if not multiple times daily. Then ask nicely if they could raise the live camera or make one of the other views (like the Hyatt) the live streaming view. Just say with the raising of the steel it's becoming hard to see anything on the live stream.
Gore21: I sent a twitter to Jed last night. Was very nice and asked for another live cam since we soon won't be able to watch them work.

Also I noticed that they moved the cables from the verticals to the top of the posts. Didn't notice if they are still using them since the appear to have laid a metal floor or floor joists or something. So maybe they don't need to strap their harness any more
[ Edited by dims24 on Jul 31, 2012 at 4:58 PM ]
So is the square box thing right in front of the camera going to be the framework for the outer edge of the stadium?
but, but, but, HOW will they finish the time-lapse movies if they move the cameras????
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
but, but, but, HOW will they finish the time-lapse movies if they move the cameras????

Leave the old ones in place and then just add new ones would be one way.
Originally posted by BayArea:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
but, but, but, HOW will they finish the time-lapse movies if they move the cameras????

Leave the old ones in place and then just add new ones would be one way.

i was kidding lol
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
i was kidding lol

Sorry ... doh
Originally posted by BayArea:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
i was kidding lol

Sorry ... doh

no worries...looks like the 49ers HQ time-lapse movie cams were shut down early on in May (they probably realized the view would be blocked since it's so close once the steel and concrete started going up)

the cameras making the time-lapse from the Hyatt are still going though... those ones do have a better, wider angle and will show quite well how the stadium will gradually rise from the ground
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by BayArea:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
i was kidding lol

Sorry ... doh

no worries...looks like the 49ers HQ time-lapse movie cams were shut down early on in May (they probably realized the view would be blocked since it's so close once the steel and concrete started going up)

the cameras making the time-lapse from the Hyatt are still going though... those ones do have a better, wider angle and will show quite well how the stadium will gradually rise from the ground

Nice
Originally posted by BayArea:
So is the square box thing right in front of the camera going to be the framework for the outer edge of the stadium?

I dont know if we're talking about the same thing, but I saw somebody briefly pan the camera to the right and that white steel beam stretching across the camera is attached to some vertical beams and appears to be part of the external structure you see in the renderings
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Originally posted by BayArea:
So is the square box thing right in front of the camera going to be the framework for the outer edge of the stadium?

I dont know if we're talking about the same thing, but I saw somebody briefly pan the camera to the right and that white steel beam stretching across the camera is attached to some vertical beams and appears to be part of the external structure you see in the renderings

I am thinking so guys. Hopefully it doesn't look like some people said "a box of popsicle sticks". I am sure it will look better once it's done but I hope those giant pictures of the players are interchangable. Would be cool if they had some video screens up on the outside as well showing clips of like the "catches" and other memorable plays/highlights. I would think they will have advertising up as well. I would guess a stadium in California has to be earthquake retrofitted so it can't have the characteristics of those other stadiums. For instance I wouldn't think you could use a large amount of brick like a lot of the baseball stadiums (and some football) to the east.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 2, 2012 at 6:59 AM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Originally posted by BayArea:
So is the square box thing right in front of the camera going to be the framework for the outer edge of the stadium?

I dont know if we're talking about the same thing, but I saw somebody briefly pan the camera to the right and that white steel beam stretching across the camera is attached to some vertical beams and appears to be part of the external structure you see in the renderings

I am thinking so guys. Hopefully it doesn't look like some people said "a box of popsicle sticks". I am sure it will look better once it's done but I hope those giant pictures of the players are interchangable. Would be cool if they had some video screens up on the outside as well showing clips of like the "catches" and other memorable plays/highlights. I would think they will have advertising up as well. I would guess a stadium in California has to be earthquake retrofitted so it can't have the characteristics of those other stadiums. For instance I wouldn't think you could use a large amount of brick like a lot of the baseball stadiums (and some football) to the east.

No Question...that white on the outside is the outside edge of the stadium...look at the below screencap and look at the angle of the vertical beams....same as pictures from the final product. You can even see that it has the same small "lip" at the top. What were are looking at is the creation of the Upper Concourse.


[ Edited by Marvin49 on Aug 2, 2012 at 8:55 AM ]
Originally posted by Marvin49:
No Question...that white on the outside is the outside edge of the stadium...look at the below screencap and look at the angle of the vertical beams....same as pictures from the final product. You can even see that it has the same small "lip" at the top. What were are looking at is the creation of the Upper Concourse.


...